VPS.net Cloud Server vs Mediatemple Dv 4

I'm looking to host a fairly large website that is a 100% dynamic. I need to be very sure of my web hosts because I'll probably be sticking with them. How would you rate VPS.net vs MT?

What are you opinions based on
    1. Uptime/Reliability
    2. Speed(Response Time)
    3. Support
    4. Scalability
    5. Price

Thanks guys

I personally do not have any experience with those providers, but if you let us know what exactly you are looking for maybe we can recommend other providers.

How much traffic does your website currently have?
    Budget?
    Managed or Unmanaged?
    Control Panel?

vps.net is part of the UK2 Group and they have a great reputation around the net.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Thanks for thinking of us for your webhosting. From the stipulations you've posted above, it looks like something that our services could definitely handle. Since it is a large dynamic site, I'd take a look at our dedicated virtual hosting. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or contact us through our Twitter.
    Media Temple Customer Support
    Webhosting @ http://mediatemple.net

vps.net is extremely unreliable. I've been a client for a little over a year, and have had to move all my "important" websites away. I still have 2 servers with vps.net which I only use for testing and learning stuff.

I've had downtime caused by SAN failures, or DDOS, or hypervisor problems, at least once a month, every month, since I've been there, and the situation hasn't improved. I've even had *complete* data loss when their SAN had a problem and the snapshot "backup" I was paying for was also corrupt.

Take a look at status.vps.net for a look at the "fun" we've been having recently.

The support is unfortunately also very poor. It's common to wait hours for a response, and sometimes more than 24 hours for a resolution.

Price is good, scalability is awesome (resizing servers works very well, when it works)

Quote Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
    vps.net is extremely unreliable. I've been a client for a little over a year, and have had to move all my "important" websites away. I still have 2 servers with vps.net which I only use for testing and learning stuff.

I've had downtime caused by SAN failures, or DDOS, or hypervisor problems, at least once a month, every month, since I've been there, and the situation hasn't improved. I've even had *complete* data loss when their SAN had a problem and the snapshot "backup" I was paying for was also corrupt.

Take a look at status.vps.net for a look at the "fun" we've been having recently.

The support is unfortunately also very poor. It's common to wait hours for a response, and sometimes more than 24 hours for a resolution.

Price is good, scalability is awesome (resizing servers works very well, when it works)
    Sorry you have been having problems with our service. I would like to personally review your account. Can you give me a ticket ID or shoot me an email at terry(at)vps.net?

While we, like every provider, have our share of problems, they should be no where near as frequent as you've been having and I would like to try and alleviate some of the frustration you've had with our services.