hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting Talk Tutorials : Hosting Software and Control Panels Tutorials : How To Install cPanel/WHM on CentOS (3 Steps)

Forum Jump

How To Install cPanel/WHM on CentOS (3 Steps)

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Tutorials Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 04:02 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

How To Install cPanel/WHM on CentOS (3 Steps)

Good morning everyone! In this post I am going to show you the basic steps for a clean installation of cPanel/WHM in the most simplified steps. What I will mention below is applicable to any VPS or dedicated server that runs CentOS 4.x/5.x, has minimum 512mb Ram and more than 4GB hard disk available. cPanel is, indeed, a powerful platform, but demanding as well in terms of resources.

The first thing you need to do is login as root and then disable SELinux. Just type /etc/selinux/config and make sure the following values exist in the file:

SELINUX=disabled
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

Lets begin…

STEP 1
cd /home | wget -N http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/latest

The above command will download the installer in your home directory. Now lets run the installer:

STEP 2
sh latest

The Step 2 will initiate the installation process which takes approximately 2 hours, depending on your server’s speed. Once it finishes, you need to active your cPanel/WHM application:

STEP 3
/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt

…and you are done! cPanel/WHM use the port 2086, so to access it just go to http://your-server-ip:2086/

I hope this was helpful to everyone who attempted for the first time to install cPanel/WHM.

Leading Web Development Services & eCommerce Solutions since 2004
www.netshop-isp.com.cy| Netshop Blog

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 AM

I am also looking for some help. I have a script that I need to install in cpanel. I don't have knowledge in cpanel. Some one please help in this.

Thanks.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:58 PM

bookmarked
someday i'll need this..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumpost View Post
I am also looking for some help. I have a script that I need to install in cpanel. I don't have knowledge in cpanel. Some one please help in this.

Thanks.
Do you have cPanel installed?

And nice tut!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thanks for the great share.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumpost View Post

Thanks.
Do you mean that you want to know how you can install a script that is provided from cPanel (e.g. phpCoin, Joomla via Fantastico) ?

Leading Web Development Services & eCommerce Solutions since 2004
www.netshop-isp.com.cy| Netshop Blog

Old 09-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Disabled

It’s very encouraging to hear the steps for cpanel installation and thank you for the same.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Premium Member

You are missing one important step. IP Tables..

Code:
chkconfig iptables off
service iptables stop

Old 05-25-2013, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the installation guide! I hope this article can help the rest as well!