Google crack down on link farms?

Read it on the news but when I search for "how to postpone a ms outlook 2003 meeting?"

I am getting multiple duplicate results. Which one actually is the original?

Does it really matter if you're getting the correct result?

It's annoying when most, if not all, the results on the first page are exactly the same.

google has changed its algorithm so they have some bugs still, wait a couple of weeks and you'll see how the ranking and SERP stabilize

so what will happen with the link farms ?

they will lose their PR and ranking which will decrease their linkjuice and traffic, so they, maybe next year or so, will become obsolete for link building, at least that's what is being said

Quote Originally Posted by hellind2 View Post
    Read it on the news but when I search for "how to postpone a ms outlook 2003 meeting?"

I am getting multiple duplicate results. Which one actually is the original?
    I'm not seeing duplicate results here this morning.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

wont that also hit backlinking contribution to pr ?

Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    wont that also hit backlinking contribution to pr ?
    yes, backlinks from link farms will lose their SEO value and that will affect a lot of site's PRs

Quote Originally Posted by EZ2Hosting View Post
    they will lose their PR and ranking which will decrease their linkjuice and traffic, so they, maybe next year or so, will become obsolete for link building, at least that's what is being said
    We can only hope this will be the case. In a perfect world, SEO is purely organic. People backlink naturally because they're contributing to a site or community honestly. I'd love to see link farms get demolished, and I would have no problem with sites getting penalized for allowing unmoderated public contributions to influence backlinks. One GREAT way to do this is to only recognize a single backlink for an article (or a substantially similar article). Article spammers will drop like flies, because who wants to write a separate article of substance just to get one backlink? This way, people who write articles are simply people who are contributing to public knowledge without a backlink agenda. Watch the quality of Web content shoot right up!

Google is working on the duplicate content issue. Give it a little time
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
    We can only hope this will be the case. In a perfect world, SEO is purely organic. People backlink naturally because they're contributing to a site or community honestly. I'd love to see link farms get demolished, and I would have no problem with sites getting penalized for allowing unmoderated public contributions to influence backlinks. One GREAT way to do this is to only recognize a single backlink for an article (or a substantially similar article). Article spammers will drop like flies, because who wants to write a separate article of substance just to get one backlink? This way, people who write articles are simply people who are contributing to public knowledge without a backlink agenda. Watch the quality of Web content shoot right up!

Google is working on the duplicate content issue. Give it a little time
    Same here. I read the article it was interesting and I am glad someone is finally doing something about it. There needs to be more honest people out there.

These four links on the first page (top-10) are:

1. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...a-meeting.aspx

2. http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook...e-meeting.html

3. http://www.mcse.ms/message2521895.html

4. http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum.as...pone-a-Meeting

All exactly the same content. I guess it is not called link-farms, but more like duplicate content.

And then what is this: http://bengiol.perl.sh/postpone-a-me...ok-calendaring
    It is full of links.

What is link farms? Please explain.

Google has already make changes in PR many website can see changes in there PR and google indexing.
    in new rule they are not allowing and duplicate or wrong grammitical articles and many other things