A two months review on Hostdime

Hello!
    I want to write a two-months review on Host-Dime

Support : I always wonder how the Hostdime.com or Hostdime.in would help us in such a quick way.Every other host tries to help their customers . But Hostdime is different.

Every issue related to technical support has been addresses and solved with in two hours and in maximum time of 6 hours. Some tickets were delayed and that was just because of me.The staff never delayed or give up my requests.

• There is no un-resolved issue regarding the technical support
    • Some hosts repeats the question and delays the resolution asking the un-necessary questions. May be that was because of their ignorance. But the Hostdime staff never repeated the questions,never harassed me with a second question. They know what they are doing
    • The only thing I don't like is their Live Chat. They say the live chat is only for Enquiry purposes and basic questions. However that is not a big deal when the support tickets were addressed in timely manner
    • And the last thing...I want to know the secret of the ticket handling.As per my knowledge HostDime India has just 4 - 8 staff and six among them are from technical team.I think if they work on shift basis 2-4 employs will be there to help us in a particular period .Then how is it possible to the small group of staff to help us in such a quick and perfect manner ?That impresses me

If I open a ticket on other hosts, it will be handled by 3-5 employs interfering in it.
    They ask repeated questions

They delays resolution time and we lose the patience with the funny attitude of the employs

Where in the case of HostDime,I never see a ticket being handled by more than two employs.It never delayed more than 24 hours

Well I want to know the success secret of HostDime

I rate 5/5 for their support

Server Downage :

Never ever had the problem

Sales : I would rate 1/5 for the sales related support. Compared to the technical support, this department makes me feel unhappy.

The problem may be with their website Interface ...

• The site has some broken links, missing contents.In many cases the staff failed to reply me with the details
    • They don't have Idea on their own programs (Ex: Affiliate program)
    • They don't have Idea on their own coupon codes (It was my first issue with them)
    • Some services are mentioned on their site and the employs say the service is not offered (Ex: Software licenses )
    • Delay in responding sales related questions.I have one issue and that caused me lose $36.

But I can understand this.It may not be possible for the sales team to look at all the areas and the staff may not have the updated information about their programs. Other than that sales Dpt issue, HostDime is superb and the best hosting provider
    Last edited by youser; 03-01-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Glad to see a good review, especially support thing is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by no69_2007 View Post
    Glad to see a good review, especially support thing is impressive.
    Thanks!

BTW, I have just visited your site,the domain firsthosting.us sounds good. But why don't you use other domain hacks like firsthosting.to or firsthosting.cc etc.The TLD 'US' seems like just for US people
    Last edited by youser; 03-01-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by youser View Post
    [*]And the last thing...I want to know the secret of the ticket handling.As per my knowledge HostDime India has just 4 - 8 staff and six among them are from technical team.I think if they work on shift basis 2-4 employs will be there to help us in a particular period .Then how is it possible to the small group of staff to help us in such a quick and perfect manner ?That impresses me[/LIST]
    You'd be surprised, im not sure how many customers hostdime has, however if you have an efficient support team + good service. 4-8 employees can handle support for thousands of clients, without really getting backed up.

Anyway, im not to familiar with Hostdimes situation, I always get them confused with hostnine for some reason. But I am glad they have made a good impression on you.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

2 months is really good period of time.
    Please keep us informed about your further experience. So far I have seen mostly their good reviews only.

I am also happy customer of hostdime
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

Nice Review.
    There are many good reviews of HostDime
    █ NiceVZ.com | Budget& Nice Hosting
    █ Offering affordable and reliable web hosting
    █ Follow Us on Twitter!

The only thing I don't like is their Live Chat. They say the live chat is only for Enquiry purposes and basic questions. However that is not a big deal when the support tickets were addressed in timely manner
    They may be having live chat for pre-sales queries only. If they are not supporting technical issues through live chat, it's quite normal.

It's a well written review mate. Glad to hear that you are pretty impressed with their technical support and service. Keep us posted again.

Nice review, thanks for the update. Always good to hear a positive experience.

The live chat functionality is normal, many hosts require a ticket for technical support which is better for tracking and updating the status.

Great review!

Nice to see HostDime is treating well. Do come back in a few months to update us, though.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

[*]The site has some broken links, missing contents.
    its the part of review .... ?
    don't forget to report your domain to mods for confirmation ..

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    They may be having live chat for pre-sales queries only. If they are not supporting technical issues through live chat, it's quite normal.
    Yeah ! I understand
    Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    It's a well written review mate. Glad to hear that you are pretty impressed with their technical support and service. Keep us posted again.
    Definitely ! I will come with a 6 months review

Quote Originally Posted by Fakher View Post
    Sure !

Definitely ! I will come with a 6 months review

Good to know that mate. A review becomes more useful when it has regular follow ups.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Personally I would find 2 hours a long response time, although I've heard good things about HostDime and to be fair that is far better than many companies out there.

Keeping Live Chat to sales only does keep things more efficient/less costly to run. However, I think the user does lose out if that's the case. In certain situations Live Chat is faster and easier for support than tickets, especially if there's a fair bit of to and throw. For example, if a customer is trying to get to grips with their control panel and find and use features, or to understand something then Live Chat can be much more effective.

I hope you continue to have a good experience.
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    LiteSpeed Powered cPanel Web Hosting with R1Soft and Softaculous
    24/7 Support | Domain Included | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Find us on Facebook

You wrote a nice review and 2 hours while is not as fast as we would all like to receive a response is not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_HiHosting View Post
    Personally I would find 2 hours a long response time, although I've heard good things about HostDime and to be fair that is far better than many companies out there.
    2 hours for a resolution or for them to say "they are looking into your issue"?

It depends on what you truly consider a response, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post

It depends on what you truly consider a response, yes?
    That is a valid comment...I would hope it is a real answer and not a stand by while we look into this...

Quote Originally Posted by nonparity View Post
    That is a valid comment...I would hope it is a real answer and not a stand by while we look into this...
    Agreed. I'd like to think if they do a stanby comment it comes within the first few minutes of the ticket and the resolution comes shortly after that.

However, I do understand if it is a complex issue it may take longer.

Great review about hostdime, it inspires to provide better quality of service to hosting providers like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakher View Post
    its the part of review .... ?
    Yes it is. Everything is ... The more detailed the better it is for both company, customers and future customers.

Agreed. I'd like to think if they do a stanby comment it comes within the first few minutes of the ticket and the resolution comes shortly after that.

However, I do understand if it is a complex issue it may take longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonparity View Post
    2-6 hours mentioned there is the resolution time and not the initial response.Usually the response time(Time interval between the replies of both parties) would be 45 Min to 90 Minutes.

That was the response time in the month of February. Earlier to that(Before February) I used to get reply(Not resolution) with in 30 Min. Might be there were changes in their support desk? Or Increased support tickets by their other customers?

Usually they don't say We are looking into your issue .They directly start answering to the question, I think they make the initial reply only after checking the issue. So resolution shows up in a quick manner
    Last edited by youser; 03-01-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks for coming back to us with detailed support feedback. It's good to know they don't just send empty responses that artificially lower their response time, but look into the issue first.
    Having feedback like that makes it easier for people to make a proper informed choice on which hosting company will best fit their needs, because simply comparing advertised response times can mean different things. Sometimes a provider with slightly slower response times might be the better choice because they may be looking into issues before they respond whilst a provider with faster response times may not.
    Of course, it entirely depends on the company and their support practices, so you need to look at it on a company by company basis.

Thanks for the insight.
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    LiteSpeed Powered cPanel Web Hosting with R1Soft and Softaculous
    24/7 Support | Domain Included | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Find us on Facebook

Thanks for the review. I will consider this hosting provider in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_HiHosting View Post
    Of course, it entirely depends on the company and their support practices, so you need to look at it on a company by company basis.

Thanks for the insight.
    I agree with you. Site5 and Arvixe are some of them with different support practices. But with Good support

I'm a happy customer of HostDime, too.

I have got some technical (support) issues solved for me over the LiveChat. Ticket were opened for others, though.

I find them a reliable host.
    IhsanHost - We believe in "everyone deserves "yourdomain.com"
    The Most Affordable Shared Web Hosting, Yet Professional & Reliable.
    Pay for your domain and we will take care of the rest for you.
    Click here to check out our affordable web hosting solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by adenclark View Post
    The sales support issues you mentioned need to be addressed and maybe you could send an email with the issues you faced and ask hostdime to address these issues for future reference.
    Yes! I have contacted/reported them and a few of them were resolved
    Last edited by youser; 03-03-2011 at 09:32 AM.

My experience of HD was on a VPS and I found their tech support people to be one of the most knowledgeable teams I've ever known in the last 13 years.

Everything is going smooth and ordered another account. But the issues from Accounting team( HDIN ) keep persisting. It is embarrassing me as the accounting department cause trouble with every transaction / issue related accounts Department

I don't know why the Accounts Dept of HDIN deal in that way. There is an issue with affiliate account too . HDIN staff deleted an affiliate account with out any intimation and when i ask about it they say ...we don't have such program

Anyhow, it is alright until I get good service from technical department

Thanks !

I have opened a ticket(Ticket 192699) explaining all the issues I have with accounting department and got a response.

I am not satisfied with the response from their management team who change the policies person to person .

Hello Everybody !

I am with them for 6 months.Of-late , some of the staff members are acting silly and causing trouble frequently

I don't think it is better continuing this thread for that. I will open a new thread with '6 Months ' Review . Timely, You can expect complete details with their silly conversations

Thanks !

Thanks for providing review about a company. << removed content copied from another source >> Hope your have satisfied with their live technical support. Better you report a review about their sales department to get cent per cent customer satisfaction.
    Last edited by writespeak; 06-08-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry wilson View Post
    Thanks for providing review about a company. << removed content copied from another source >> Hope your have satisfied with their live technical support. Better you report a review about their sales department to get cent per cent customer satisfaction.
    Yes ! The latest issues are because of their... Non-Technical staff and a staff member from sales department

I will write about it shortly
    Last edited by writespeak; 06-08-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Edited quoted part

Yes ! The latest issues are because of their... Non-Technical staff and a staff member from sales department

I wish you good luck to receive better services.

Hello!
    I want to write a two-months review on Host-Dime

Support :
    • There is no un-resolved issue regarding the technical support
    • And the last thing...I want to know the secret of the ticket handling.As per my knowledge HostDime India has just 4 - 8 staff and six among them are from technical team.I think if they work on shift basis 2-4 employs will be there to help us in a particular period .Then how is it possible to the small group of staff to help us in such a quick and perfect manner ?That impresses me

True!
    There are only 6 Employees.
    I can Easily name unnikrishnan, Jitto T, Akhilesh, Sudhish,Abidh and chinthu.

Of all Abidh,sudhish and the other Guy are worst.
    Last edited by swatkats; 09-18-2011 at 06:52 AM.

With whom are you hosting now?