hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable - PXE Booting

Forum Jump

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable - PXE Booting

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Not so experienced

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable - PXE Booting

Hi All,

We've been trying to PXE Boot this machine, but we keep getting the following error:

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent

-The server is a Intel Xeon3450, Supermicro mobo.

We've tried a Intel Atom server, (non supermicro) and it works fine ie it discovers the DHCP server and tries to boot from it.

Both servers are setup the exact same way to our Cisco Switch, and all 3 servers are on the same IP Subnet/VLAN.

I've googled alot, but haven't found anything regarding this issue to PXE booting, so any help would be appreciated! I know someone else on WHT must have encountered this problem before.

Bhavic

Sponsored Links
Old
Backup Guru

That error means that it doesn't think there's a cable plugged in to that port. If this motherboard has multiple network ports, make sure that PXE is enabled for the correct port. Also try with a different cable, and to a different switch port.

*** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Old
Not so experienced

Bah, i had another more detailed look at the BIOS, and seems one of the PORT's pxe's was disabled, (Config was in a stupid place, i expected it to be in the "boot" menu..) Anyway, i enabled this and it seems to be working now =)

Sponsored Links