leaseweb best Effort lsa.

Hello,

I'm testing leaseweb from some months ago (4 o 5), every company is very good when there are not problems, but you only can check how as good is when you have some of them.

My first problem come today, i did reboot and the server didn't come back.
    I sent mail to support and i got a reply some minutes after saying to me when one engineer become availabe he will give me a update.
    7 hours after I'm still waiting that update, i don't know anything, I sent one mail each two hours but they never respond. I don't know if there are somebody there, or everybody is very busy to see my server.

I'm looking for "best effort" lsa in the web, what that mean ?

Anybody with experience with leaseweb can tell me something ?

Maybe I'm requesting help to wrong mail (support) and they have another for non-office hours like netdirekt, if so i could not find it, anyone could help me ?

Thanks and regards.

Leaseweb offers a range of available Service Level Agreements (SLA) for customers requiring additional priority technical support services.
    A LeaseWeb SLA provides additional priority assurances, above our normal inclusive “Best Effort” guarantee. Selecting a SLA gives you access to our certified, experienced technicians at any time of the day or night, weekend or holiday, depending on the terms of your SLA, at a fixed monthly price, to meet all your server critical support requirements.
    "Best Effort" SLA
    All LeaseWeb servers are provisioned complete with our “Best Effort” SLA, at no additional charge for replacement of failed hardware, including parts and labor to return the provisioned hardware to its original installed setup. Service is provided based on your position in the support queue.
    The “Best Effort” SLA provides LeaseWeb servers with OS support up to “root access.” This means LeaseWeb will reset the root password; reinstall the original OS, repair the bootloader, or correct network stack issues to restore connectivity, without additional charge. Any services beyond this basket of services is charged at a fixed rate per quarter hour, for the support time necessary to complete the requested task, based on the time of day (night, weekend, holiday are at higher cost).

Customers with critical needs can pay per incident for immediate higher priority support. The additional charge for priority support service is added to your monthly invoice. The cost per hour for technical support is € 99,- / hour during normal business hours (8:30 CET - 17:30 CET Monday-Friday, not including Dutch official holidays) and € 149,- / hour at all other times. All service time will be billed in quarter hour intervals. Customers with a monthly SLA agreement with LeaseWeb do not pay these fees for covered services during the time periods covered by their agreement, and always receive the highest priority for any open support tickets.

Enhanced SLAs
    If your business requires high priority assistance around the clock, nights, weekends, and holidays with maximum response times of 30 minutes, then a LeaseWeb monthly fee SLA will benefit you. An enhanced SLA guarantees against hardware and OS issues, and the highest priority for covered support services, subject to the terms of the SLA selected.

Tiered pricing of SLA, allows customers to select the exact combination of features and services to meet their server needs at affordable price points. LeaseWeb gives customers a wide range of choices to obtain additional priority support options, to guarantee technical support will always be there when you need it. A LeaseWeb SLA ensures a client’s mission critical needs are always promptly and completely met, with no additional or unexpected costs.
    With our enhanced SLA, LeaseWeb monitors your equipment and its connectivity 24/7/365 with an ICMP ping at regular intervals, around the clock. You can also subscribe to this monitoring service and obtain regular SMS and/or emails, in the event of a server anomaly. If a server fails to respond, our round the clock engineering team will be promptly alerted and a technician dispatched to investigate the cause of malfunction.
    We have designed four SLA levels for customers, so clients can choose the package, which best meets their requirements - how fast you want our support to prioritize your problem in our support queue - for a set additional monthly fee.
    SLA
    Response Time
    Support Availability
    Bronze Next Business Day any time (24x7x365) Silver 12 hours any time (24x7x365) Gold 4 hours any time (24x7x365) Platinum 1 hour any time (24x7x365)
    http://www.leaseweb.com/en/help/all-about/sla

Usually with "best effort" management, they won't guarantee a resolution/fix but they'll give it a good shot. I guess it's to cover them in some aspects.

If your server is failing to come back online, they should be taking priority on that ticket. Even if it's a very advanced issue, it would not hurt them to update you quickly to keep you in the swing and loop of things. Try contacting them again or ring them - their phone number is very visible on their website.

Rob B,
    Thank for the quote. I alrady read that, and as you can see the best effort is very ambiguous in time respond, 2 hour ? 6 hour ? 24 hour ? 48 ? Is that what I'd like to know.

HarrySX,
    I'm not asking for resolution, only for update me about it.
    I'm contacting them each two hours by email. I saw they have very visible phone number in the website, but they have a mail for support and I thinkg if you offer support by email you should take a look some time.

Thank for your replies.

On past experiences with Leaseweb never had problems with their SLA ( best effort ) always got things sorted after 4-6 hours.

Sometimes less.
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Quote Originally Posted by Layn View Post
    Rob B,
    Thank for the quote. I alrady read that, and as you can see the best effort is very ambiguous in time respond, 2 hour ? 6 hour ? 24 hour ? 48 ? Is that what I'd like to know.

HarrySX,
    I'm not asking for resolution, only for update me about it.
    I'm contacting them each two hours by email. I saw they have very visible phone number in the website, but they have a mail for support and I thinkg if you offer support by email you should take a look some time.

Thank for your replies.
    Of course, by no means are you asking too much and you're being very reasonable. Regardless, if you're waiting that long for them to update you about a server failing to boot, they should be prioritizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySX View Post
    Of course, by no means are you asking too much and you're being very reasonable. Regardless, if you're waiting that long for them to update you about a server failing to boot, they should be prioritizing it.
    I think so too, and that because I ask people with experience with leaseweb if there are any other contact method after office hour, like emergency@.... or something so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo
    On past experiences with Leaseweb never had problems with their SLA ( best effort ) always got things sorted after 4-6 hours.

Sometimes less.
    Well, then I'm unlucky. My last update "one engineer see your server when he become available" was 7 hour ago.

Oh, doh. My apologies .

No, what is likely to be happening is that it's past default business hours here (5:30 PM and it's now 11:30). Meaning that the few techs that are left have quite some servers to fix still in the qeue and whenever a higher SLA customer joins the qeue, you are pushed back even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    No, what is likely to be happening is that it's past default business hours here (5:30 PM and it's now 11:30). Meaning that the few techs that are left have quite some servers to fix still in the qeue and whenever a higher SLA customer joins the qeue, you are pushed back even further.
    I guess that too.
    So i redo the question:

Somebody with experiences with best effort leaseweb's sla, can tell me if after business hour is normal have to wait more than 7 hours for a update ?

Yeh, I had my server go down, and unable to reboot it, and I sent a ticket to them. Get's answered in a couple of hours and fixed....during business hours. The best effort seems to get answered only on business hours though.

Although other tickets.....take forever or no response at all.

So yes, I believe they do prioritize those types of tickets.

EDIT: Yes, if you sent the ticket after business hours, then you will wait.......until the next business hours, to hear a response.

I guess that too.
    So i redo the question:

Somebody with experiences with best effort leaseweb's sla, can tell me if after business hour is normal have to wait more than 7 hours for a update ?
    I can confirm that I waited till the next morning at 1 point, which is why I'm not a customer anymore.... You would require a premium SLA for that.

Finally, 8 hour after i got a response from them.
    They are have a huge workload and they didn't see my server still, they update me as soon as possible.
    Definily I'm unlucky.

Sounds familiar indeed. Then again, even without a good SLA, normal outages from their network don't happen often and for the price it's good.

I can confirm that I waited till the next morning at 1 point, which is why I'm not a customer anymore.... You would require a premium SLA for that.
    I can undertand sla for 1 or 2 hour response, but after 8 hour you dont get any response with the "best effort" lsa, I'm think like you Rob.

Did you find a goo replacement ?

There are quite nice alternatives yes, but you will most likely pay a bit more too. You are looking for the Netherlands specifically or?

My customer have adult sites, so I'm not worry about the country if there are no problem with that.
    If there are rescue mode will be great, then i wont need support only for network problems.

Yeh, I wonder. You say you did a APC reboot and it doesn't work?

My server doesn't reboot with that either....they said it was misconfigured and they fixed it.

Still doesn't work....

Maybe KVM/IPMI or a rescue mode like Hetzner would help?

I don't know your exact budget requirements, but feel free to checkout Hetzner, but also have a look at www.serverboost.com (or see: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7308516 for their current sales).

I assume Jelle still does all the WHT posting, you should contact him (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/profile/ServerBoost). He is a great guy .

Quote Originally Posted by NateN34 View Post
    Yeh, I wonder. You say you did a APC reboot and it doesn't work?

My server doesn't reboot with that either....they said it was misconfigured and they fixed it.

Still doesn't work....
    First i did a command line reboot from shell, but i think it didn't work because there was some process in state "d" and i could not kill them, so maybe the comand line reboot didn't work because the system could not kill that process.

Then, after 10 minutes, i did an APC reboot from the panel, but 8 hour after the server still did not come back.

So i guess my problem could be same than you.

Maybe KVM/IPMI or a rescue mode like Hetzner would help?

I don't know your exact budget requirements, but feel free to checkout Hetzner, but also have a look at www.serverboost.com (or see: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7308516 for their current sales).
    Thank Rob B, i'll search feedback about them in the forum.

You should wait for a rep of Leaseweb to post in this topic, and get things sorted.

Try to hear from the before jumping of the boat, they are a pretty good provider, and i never had problems with them.
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

I guess that too.
    So i redo the question:

It depends on what the problem is; how many support tickets are in the queue, and available resources. However, if you pm your ticket to us here, we would be glad to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaseWeb View Post
    It depends on what the problem is; how many support tickets are in the queue, and available resources. However, if you pm your ticket to us here, we would be glad to take a look.
    Ticket number sent.

I hope this can help something. Because still is offline.

Ticket number sent.

I hope this can help something. Because still is offline.
    The server is being checked by a tech. As we informed the OP it appears to be a hardware issue, possibly the hard drive. but the diagnostics will be complete shortly and the OP updated.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaseWeb View Post
    The server is being checked by a tech. As we informed the OP it appears to be a hardware issue, possibly the hard drive. but the diagnostics will be complete shortly and the OP updated.
    Thankyou.

Regards,
    Layn.