Domain name suggestion for a hosting company.

Hello All,

I would like to get some help on a domain name for a new hosting company. I would be selling shared hosting to start with and would scale up hopefully. I'm looking for a brand-able domain name that would perfectly match the hosting niche. Does the word "host" in domain name make a real difference?

Thanks

What's your company name? Not everyone uses "host" in their name. Some do it for SEO reason, and other's do it cause their name has "host" in it somewhere.

In our case our domain also happens to be the name of the street we are located on. Personally, I'd use whatever you think defines what you are, or something modeled after what your company is called. SEO is not all about the domain name itself.
    Jeremy Anthony Kinsey ([email protected]) - 262-248-6759
    Budget Dedicated Servers/Colocation HostDrive.Com
    cPanel Hosting/Dedicated Servers HostingLizard.Com
    19 Years in the Hosting Business!

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a name in my mind and would like to get some inputs. I don't wanna publicize it at this point, so please ignore the extra characters and lemme know what you feel. J&I?N#G$L+E"H(O)S*T.

Quote Originally Posted by hostingtube View Post
    Hello All,

I would like to get some help on a domain name for a new hosting company. I would be selling shared hosting to start with and would scale up hopefully. I'm looking for a brand-able domain name that would perfectly match the hosting niche. Does the word "host" in domain name make a real difference?

Thanks
    It does not make a difference, for example "go daddy.com" is one of the world's largest hosts and they do not use the word "host" in the name. However, depending on who you are marketing too your name might need it. I'm assuming you do not have a company name or anything like that and are looking to have someone suggest it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    I'm assuming you do not have a company name or anything like that and are looking to have someone suggest it to you?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had a name in my mind and would like to get some inputs. I don't wanna publicize it at this point, so please ignore the extra characters and lemme know what you feel. J&I?N#G$L+E"H(O)S*T.

It's not a bad name. You could brand your business with that, I suppose. If it fits your needs, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by hostingtube View Post
    You could definitely make a cool layout and design for that and run some great marketing campaigns during particular seasons of the year !!

Best of luck to you ... hopefully you registered the domain before publishing the name although nice attempt with the encryption haha

Quote Originally Posted by mozzeratti View Post
    It's not a bad name. You could brand your business with that, I suppose. If it fits your needs, that's all that matters.
    Thanks a lot. I loved that name and was surprised to see some weird expressions on my friends face, when I told him the name and hence wanted a third opinion on this.

You could definitely make a cool layout and design for that and run some great marketing campaigns during particular seasons of the year !!
    Yep. That's what I thought of. My idea about the name was to make it as "informal" as possible and should sound friendly. Hope this name works that way.

Best of luck to you ... hopefully you registered the domain before publishing the name although nice attempt with the encryption haha
    Thanks for the wishes. The domain is already registered but didn't want to attract un-wanted attraction from Mr.Google

how about "go mummy.com" rival hosting co of "go daddy.com"
    Cheers
    -----------------------------------------------
    Tough gets going when going gets tough!!

Quote Originally Posted by proglead View Post
    how about "go mummy.com" rival hosting co of "go daddy.com"
    haha! looks like gomummy.com is parked by godaddy!

"
    gomummy.com

This page is parked free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com."

Hahahaha....hmmmm seems u missed the bus
    Cheers
    -----------------------------------------------
    Tough gets going when going gets tough!!

Quote Originally Posted by proglead View Post
    Hahahaha....hmmmm seems u missed the bus
    Yup! LOL

Goddady is a domain company
    hosting is secondary income source for them

hostingcompany.in a lot of advertisers for the term you would get generic traffic from search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by catchnames View Post
    hostingcompany.in a lot of advertisers for the term you would get generic traffic from search engine.
    how much do you expect for this domain?

1700 USD is buy it now price.If you don't wish to buy it now.Send me offer. In That case,I will contact potential buyers and will keep you in loop.
    Please let me know,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catchnames View Post
    1700 USD is buy it now price
    Thanks for the offer. I'm sorry my budget is too small to accommodate that.

my domain hostmefast.com is for sale. you can check it at godaddy auctions

I have a domain hostoverseas.com