Article Keywords

Hey Folks,
    Quickie question here i hope, when writing articles on sites and writing your anchor text, is it better for your anchor text to contain a number of your keywords for your site or a specific keyword set?

Here is an example of what i mean, say if your IT Support etc, would it be worthwhile creating your anchor text as so:-

Computer Repair <Location>
    (which is how people are likely to search for your site in google etc)

or

Computer, PC and Laptop Repair covering <location> <Location>

(which is effectively listing a number of your keywords you would like to rank for. Even though people are likely to specifically search for something like the first example)

Any ideas?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBR View Post
    Hey Folks,
    Quickie question here i hope, when writing articles on sites and writing your anchor text, is it better for your anchor text to contain a number of your keywords for your site or a specific keyword set?

Here is an example of what i mean, say if your IT Support etc, would it be worthwhile creating your anchor text as so:-

Computer Repair <Location>
    (which is how people are likely to search for your site in google etc)

or

Computer, PC and Laptop Repair covering <location> <Location>

(which is effectively listing a number of your keywords you would like to rank for. Even though people are likely to specifically search for something like the first example)

Any ideas?
    I recommend using only your main keyword or key phrase in your anchor text. It should look natural in your article's content. So let's use your example :

For all of your computer repair needs visit our website at www.example.com. We also repair laptops and much more.

In here, your link anchor text would be "computer repair" & "repair laptops". Remember that you can put more than 1 link in your article.

Keep in mind that what you put in your anchor text is what you will hopefully show up for as SERPs. So you have bigger chances of being found on Google for "computer repair" than "computer, laptop, and pc repair". Most people don't usually wait until all theie electronics break before repairing them . What I am trying to say is that people will look for specific problems that they encounter. If my laptop breaks, I will look for "laptop repair" or "repairing laptop".

Hope I answered your question
    MetaSEO - 1.855.METASEO (638.2736)
    Internet Marketing Services - Search Engine Optimization
    ASK A SEO QUESTION - Our SEO Gurus answer all your SEO questions.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with metaseo 100%. Just to add to it, rotating a few keywords in your link text will help your SEO more than pounding just one keyword. It makes it look more natural.
      0 Not allowed!

wow didn't know that thanks for the info metaseo
      0 Not allowed!

yeah, putting keywords on your article must not be too obvious because search engines might caught you for spamming. You should limit your keywords to 2-3 per article only.
      0 Not allowed!

if you have relative services like web design website designing website hosting then you can use all in your article but make sure your content should be unique and your services should be relevant to your article content once you start getting people coming to you better but if your content not giving information to end user then all will be go in vain
      0 Not allowed!

I do not prefer a number of your keywords in anchor text. One should only use limited number of keywords as anchor text to link them. And Computer Repair <Location> is better option.
      0 Not allowed!

I suppose that is worth to use 2-3 keywords in the article from your general keyword list.
      0 Not allowed!

yes it is important to have keyword anchor in the article. this will give backlink to your website.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by metaseo View Post
    I recommend using only your main keyword or key phrase in your anchor text. It should look natural in your article's content. So let's use your example :

For all of your computer repair needs visit our website at. We also repair laptops and much more.

In here, your link anchor text would be "computer repair" & "repair laptops". Remember that you can put more than 1 link in your article.

Keep in mind that what you put in your anchor text is what you will hopefully show up for as SERPs. So you have bigger chances of being found on Google for "computer repair" than "computer, laptop, and pc repair". Most people don't usually wait until all theie electronics break before repairing them . What I am trying to say is that people will look for specific problems that they encounter. If my laptop breaks, I will look for "laptop repair" or "repairing laptop".

Thanks very much for the advice. Based on this, is it worthwhile then submitting the same article to 4 or 5 (or more??) of these sites, perhaps with different anchor text on each to target my keywords? Or would the fact that the article would be the same detrimental to what i want to achieve, which is higher rankings?

I intend to write lots of different articles (worthwhile ones that i can also attach to the site) but as i said im not sure if putting the same one on multiple sites would help or hinder me?
      0 Not allowed!

I think link to the title will also work out in some article sites, also the main advantage of article posting is can give more than three links, can target more number of keywords, There are some article sites which removes the post after some days,..
      0 Not allowed!

I would use different keyphrases for different articles, linking to the same page or different pages. It is not beneficial to stuff articles with too many keyphrases, so try to spread it out over a few.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, keywords really important in improving your site ranking in search engines. Keywords should be relevant to the site niche.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by metaseo View Post

For all of your computer repair needs visit our website at www.example.com. We also repair laptops and much more.

+1 - couldn't have answered it better myself
      0 Not allowed!

You can keep keyword in your article as many times as you can put it genuinely.
      0 Not allowed!