Anyone using server4you.net

I am finding out a lot of mixed reviews on server4you. Most complaints are about bandwidth limitation, cancellation policy, and setup time. Can members who used server4you share there experiences.

I have been able to Max out 100mbps flat for the month with server4you, currently have 10 servers with them (selling them to clients) our setup was mostly done the next day, If however it was delayed or out of stock etc, i called up and got the order rushed, sometimes got completely better hardware with different specs altogether (to compensate for no stock) I maintain constant phone contact with them (since i'm a reseller, we get phone support) all my issues have been solved in a matter of hours. It's sometimes nicer to have a voice at the end of the phone, so you can resolve your problems.

One thing to note.. is the limitation of ip addresses, which really sucks, hasn't been a problem for us yet.

All in all they are a good budget provider, have hardly any downtime, just lacks alot of features.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmanh View Post
    One thing to note.. is the limitation of ip addresses, which really sucks, hasn't been a problem for us yet.
    I saw they charge $7.50 per IP. I guess they have to make money some way.

And another $7.50 if you want to add simple ptr record for your ip.

There support is retarded, anyone who isn't a "general manager" is only able to provide you answers from some "knowledge base". Most answers I received where links to something that didn't help or "We are looking at it" "We are working on it" and nothing was fixed.

Also you have automatic reinstalls every 2 hours, but guess what?
    If you take for example debian with there plesk, you will be stuck using it, you can't just reinstall to another template for free despite them having it automated, they charge 32.77 per reinstall, that is like a price of the server that I had (40$).

Sure they give you an amazing hardware, but they lie about there BW (you can ask them yourself, you will know they will suspend you after 5-6TB).

And if you need support, it will feels like you are talking to an IRC bot programmed in 99.

My eyxperience with their support wasn't bad until yet.
    OK, we had to wait about 17 days to get our server but then everything worked well.
    Today I had an issue with updating my Debian Lenny server to Debian Squeeze but they resolved all issues within - let's say - 2-3 hours what's in my opinion a good response time for the money I pay.
    The only thing I don't really like is the long time I've to wait for a hardware reboot (~30-45 min) - my server hasn't booted correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by muhlba91 View Post
    My eyxperience with their support wasn't bad until yet.
    OK, we had to wait about 17 days to get our server but then everything worked well.
    Today I had an issue with updating my Debian Lenny server to Debian Squeeze but they resolved all issues within - let's say - 2-3 hours what's in my opinion a good response time for the money I pay.
    The only thing I don't really like is the long time I've to wait for a hardware reboot (~30-45 min) - my server hasn't booted correctly.
    Is that a typo or did you really say you waited 17 days to get your server? Was this a custom order that's extremely rare? Why did it take so long????

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Is that a typo or did you really say you waited 17 days to get your server? Was this a custom order that's extremely rare? Why did it take so long????
    I'll presume that was a "low stock" order, as I had waited 13 days for my.

Nope, no typo! We waited bout 17 days (+- 2 days - we didn't count them anymore after 14 days...)
    It was a special offer for 29 € per month for their EcoServer Large X4 (EU). The curious thing was that they firstly assured us that we get the server within 3-5 days. After 7 days we asked what's going on. Their answer was just that they ordered new servers and !maybe! our server will arrive with this order - in fact we should get it in at least 3 days.
    OK, after 12 days we asked the support another time and suddenly a few days later we got the server.