* Enable TUN/TAP from SolusVM Panel

This might be a dumb question, but I was trying to find that button to enable TUN/TAP device in the SolusVM Panel for hours now. I Can't find it Someone please guide me.

Using SolusVM/OpenVZ. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sherwinaval View Post
    This might be a dumb question, but I was trying to find that button to enable TUN/TAP device in the SolusVM Panel for hours now. I Can't find it Someone please guide me.

Using SolusVM/OpenVZ. Thanks
    It's not available to end users, you will need to open a ticket with your host.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

If it is allowed on their VPSs, you may need to submit a ticket to your VPS provider. They will have to enable it in the admin control panel for your VPS.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help, I actually did submit a ticket to them to enable it, but got a reply that I can enable it from the SolusVM panel, which makes me scratch my head lol.

I just hope they would respond to my ticket soon. Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks for the help, I actually did submit a ticket to them to enable it, but got a reply that I can enable it from the SolusVM panel, which makes me scratch my head lol.

I just hope they would respond to my ticket soon. Thanks again for all the help.
    I double checked and it's not under the user panel, only on the admin side.

thanks for the update! really appreciate it. It's waiting time I guess ^_^

I already requested a client side tun/tap function to be added to Solus so we'll see if it gets added to any of the upcoming releases. I don't see why it wasn't already there to begin with though. It would save clients & the host from having to address tun/tap tickets.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com

Quote Originally Posted by 123Systems-Andrew View Post
    I already requested a client side tun/tap function to be added to Solus so we'll see if it gets added to any of the upcoming releases. I don't see why it wasn't already there to begin with though. It would save clients & the host from having to address tun/tap tickets.
    I definitely agree with you! That feature would save a lot of time.

As of the update today to 1.2.22

Tun/Tap can be enabled/disabled from the API. vserver-tun-enable & vserver-tun-disable have been added. See API docs for more information.

Not quite what you're asking for but it should be relatively easy to enable it assuming you can modify the template.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTek-JP View Post
    As of the update today to 1.2.22

Tun/Tap can be enabled/disabled from the API. vserver-tun-enable & vserver-tun-disable have been added. See API docs for more information.

Not quite what you're asking for but it should be relatively easy to enable it assuming you can modify the template.
    I requested that one as well, But that's for Admin API not client API.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.

I requested that one as well, But that's for Admin API not client API.
    Doesn't matter it would work since the module you're writing would just send the request via the admin api. You obviously need to do the appropriate checks to make sure the user really owns the VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTek-JP View Post
    Doesn't matter it would work since the module you're writing would just send the request via the admin api. You obviously need to do the appropriate checks to make sure the user really owns the VPS.
    For WHMCS it calls it based on the vserverid which is already included client side just 'hidden' from the user & solus counts up and doesn't dupe server id's. So it would be possible to add the button but i could care less about it being functional in WHMCS, The client's use the control panel so thats where it 'should' be.

For WHMCS it calls it based on the vserverid which is already included client side just 'hidden' from the user & solus counts up and doesn't dupe server id's. So it would be possible to add the button but i could care less about it being functional in WHMCS, The client's use the control panel so thats where it 'should' be.
    I understand but it can be added in both, in SolusVM I've never really tried it but if the user interface can be edited it would be easy to send the requests to a tunenable.php file that would verify if the owner has the rights to that container and then based on the checks could enable it using the API.

I would gladly try it but I'm busy working on our in-house panel

sherwinaval,

Were they able to get this resolved for you?

FYI, this is not AlienVPS it's someone else.. well, it's like 10 hours since I last replied to the ticket telling them to assist me finding that Enable TUN/TAP device unfortunately up to now, haven't received any replies...

Am I not so lucky today? lol

just an update, my bad, I was not waiting for 10 hours, they responded to the ticket like 15 minutes after i sent my follow up reply. Unfortunately, the notification e-mail went to spam.

He said they enabled it, tried it, didn't work, told them that, and they replied I could enable it from SolusVM (scratched my head again and tried looking for it again). Replied to them to at least assist me in finding that button to enable the TUN/TAP.

And when I saw his reply, it somehow made me smile. He gave me a screenshot from the Admin Panel telling me how to enable it by myself ^_^. Explained to him what he was looking at and why I don't see that kind of interface from my side. He apologized and reasoned out.

We are all in a learning process sometimes and I understand that... In the end, TUN/TAP was finally enabled... yiiipppeeeee!!! ^_^

just an update, my bad, I was not waiting for 10 hours, they responded to the ticket like 15 minutes after i sent my follow up reply. Unfortunately, the notification e-mail went to spam.

He said they enabled it, tried it, didn't work, told them that, and they replied I could enable it from SolusVM (scratched my head again and tried looking for it again). Replied to them to at least assist me in finding that button to enable the TUN/TAP.

And when I saw his reply, it somehow made me smile. He gave me a screenshot from the Admin Panel telling me how to enable it by myself ^_^. Explained to him what he was looking at and why I don't see that kind of interface from my side. He apologized and reasoned out.

We are all in a learning process sometimes and I understand that... In the end, TUN/TAP was finally enabled... yiiipppeeeee!!! ^_^
    That is good. Glad to hear it is resolved. If it doesn't work right now, you may need to reboot your VPS but I believe it automatically reboots it when the admin enables it. (I could be wrong)