Suggest Budget Shared Hosting for WP Blogs

I am looking to host 4-5 WP blogs (each would receive 1000 UV & 6000-7000 PV/month) on a budget linux shared hosting.

Hence Im looking for a space of around 2-3GB & BW of 30GB.Should be able to host atleast 10 addon domains.Im also expecting Good uptime maybe 99.99% & Good support.

I can prepay upto 3yrs & can spare 50-60$

Would be really happy if you could suggest some good webhosts that are active on WHT & Webhosts can also PM me if they can take me in

(tried searching on shared hosting offers, but found many new hosts giving such a price, in which im not interested)

Quote Originally Posted by sosmuthu View Post
    Webhosts can also PM me if they can take me in
    Just wanted to point out that its against WHT rules for web hosting companies to contact you via PM (so I would not go with anyone who sends you a message).

Next, is $50-$60 the most you are going to be able to pay for three years? I dont think you will have any problems finding a solid web host around that price ranger per year, but three years or $20.00 per year, you might be pushing it.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Thanks Fernando for pointing abt the PM feature.Unfortuntely, there is not edit button now to modify that.

I do accept that the price im seeking is low.At the same time, the config i expect is also on the lower end. :|

Wordpress runs terribly slow on shared hosting with autoupdate functions failing on 1and1 shared hosting. My guess is the restricted amount of RAM that is on these systems.

Thanks Fernando for pointing abt the PM feature.Unfortuntely, there is not edit button now to modify that.

I do accept that the price im seeking is low.At the same time, the config i expect is also on the lower end. :|
    Your welcome, so what is your actual monthly/yearly budget? I know you said $50-$60 for three years, but I was wondering what would be the most you would be willing to pay per month/per year?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

I am looking to host 4-5 WP blogs (each would receive 1000 UV & 6000-7000 PV/month) on a budget linux shared hosting.

Hence Im looking for a space of around 2-3GB & BW of 30GB.Should be able to host atleast 10 addon domains.Im also expecting Good uptime maybe 99.99% & Good support.

Would be really happy if you could suggest some good webhosts that are active on WHT & Webhosts can also PM me if they can take me in

(tried searching on shared hosting offers, but found many new hosts giving such a price, in which im not interested)
    There is a reason you have found mostly new hosts at this price

1) They are underselling costs so they can get a customer base to either build a good reputation from (hopefully) or so they can sell the customer base 6 months down the road.

2)They have no business plan at all and will be gone within the year.

In the end, your budget is to low. It is not so much the space/bandwidth but the database and database processes that would make your account undesireable at that cost. Database processes can really ramp up on memory and CPU and the more complicated the website (beyond a few static pages) the more often you would likely need support.

You need to increase your budget or shorten your term. FGG is right, you have OK good budget for 1 year, not 3 IMHO, in particular if you want any kind of decent support or uptime.

I could do away with 60$ max for 3 yrs as the websites & the traffic of 10k PV/month on each of those 4 or 5 websites is worth only that much.

Reg. database processes - I dont think WP takes a toll on the server, as Im currently hosting 3 WP blogs sites on another shared host that has only 10GB BW & there has been no issues at all.

The main reason for me to switch from them, is not to overcrowd that server & also for ease of maintenance if i have with company

The search engine spiders will eat up resources unless you tune and manage them. WP and other database driven web apps can really consume processes as they get active and 10k views isn't a ton, but it will eat up server resources. I wouldn't look for more than 1 year hosting personally, I have always hated the multi-year deal in the hosting industry as so many unproven hosts offer huge discounts for 2,3,4 and more year hosting and you never get it. They run through the money and you never get your services or they build fast and sell off to someone. Focus on a per year budget and pick a host that can really take care of you.

I hv been working with WP blogs & managing them through outsourced professional services (contacted them throu WHT) who are doing a wonderful job.

Im contacting for multi yr plans from veterans in business only, who I believe can take it (by reading reviews & doing research abt them)& for the discounts (i too offer sops for them in return)

So according to me - If you are dealing with the right person & strike a deal that would do good for company as well as you ,multi yr payments are the best

Are these established blogs with thousands of posts? The reason I ask is that the blogs I host are all under 120MB of disk space. http://elconquistador.org is one such site at just over 100MB. You may be able to get 1GB of space and make it work.

That said, as others have noted, $50 to $60 a year is going to be tough to find except from a new host, or a smaller host who is still trying to build his business.

You might look at just hosting them for free with Wordpress.com, using your own domain names ($10 a year or something like that). When you build up readership to the point where you think the traffic will convert to clicks on ads you host (rather than Wordpress hosting them), then you can move that blog off to its own hosting account.

I'd be careful that you want to prepay for that long. In my experience and from reading many posts on forums that when you prepay bad experiences have come after 2-3 months.