* What is the most up-time hosting service?

Hi,
    Any ideas on what hosting company has the fastest server? Like the load time will be 0.098..... seconds

Jenkin

Hello Jenkin,

It varies between companies and which server your on with that company. It also depends on the processors the companies server is running. I would recommend looking for a provider that doesn't put too many accounts on each server, if the accounts aren't too resource intensive, the load will be low.

oh I see. Thank you! But do you have any suggestions?

Hello,
    Page Load Time can be impacted by several factors, some of which cannot be controlled by the host at all.

Server Power (Controlled By Host) - Does the host run a server that was built in a way to scale. Is there enough RAM installed or is the CPU up to par? Is the host using fast Hard Disks in a RAID or slower 4,500 RPM Disks.

Connection Speed (Controlled By Host) - Does the host subscribe to a connection that is at least 100 MBPS (or even 1 GBPS if offered)? Some hosts are using lower end 10 MBPS connections that can be laggy

Server Software (Controlled By Host) - Does the host use a Stock Apache2 or do they choose to use nginX or LiteSpeed? nginX and LiteSpeed can speed up load times and sustain higher traffic sites.

Web Application Development (Controlled By Customer) - Was the application created in such a way that it loads fast? Wordpress and Joomla for example DOES NOT however both offer "cacheing" plugins that boost performance, reduce server load and speed up page loading

Location (Controlled By Customer) - Location Matters!!! The shorter the distance the data needs to travel, the faster the page will load. In general you should always choose a location close to the majority of your visitors.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by HinsmartHostingServe View Post
    Hi,
    Any ideas on what hosting company has the fastest server? Like the load time will be 0.098..... seconds

Jenkin
    0.098 seconds average? Not in the foreseeable future I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Hello,
    Page Load Time can be impacted by several factors, some of which cannot be controlled by the host at all.

Server Power (Controlled By Host) - Does the host run a server that was built in a way to scale. Is there enough RAM installed or is the CPU up to par? Is the host using fast Hard Disks in a RAID or slower 4,500 RPM Disks.

Connection Speed (Controlled By Host) - Does the host subscribe to a connection that is at least 100 MBPS (or even 1 GBPS if offered)? Some hosts are using lower end 10 MBPS connections that can be laggy

Server Software (Controlled By Host) - Does the host use a Stock Apache2 or do they choose to use nginX or LiteSpeed? nginX and LiteSpeed can speed up load times and sustain higher traffic sites.

Web Application Development (Controlled By Customer) - Was the application created in such a way that it loads fast? Wordpress and Joomla for example DOES NOT however both offer "cacheing" plugins that boost performance, reduce server load and speed up page loading

Location (Controlled By Customer) - Location Matters!!! The shorter the distance the data needs to travel, the faster the page will load. In general you should always choose a location close to the majority of your visitors.
    Well said! However, some of those factors are variable depending on the situation. For example, there's no guarantee that your site will load faster on a 1Gbps port compared to 10Mbps port if you are hosting a very simple html website with only "hello" on it. In this case, it depends on the actual bandwidth requirements and usage of the website.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

are you talking about server load?

Always choose a company which is good uptime!
    you can see every provider uptime on webhostingstuff

Location is going to be one of your bigger issues, as not every one of your audience members is going to reside from the same location.
    Tin Pham
    Solutions Engineer
    WP Engine - WordPress Hosting, Perfected.

uptime != load/performance

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...uary-2011.html

... but don't get anything you read for 100% truth. Just take it as a variable in a equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Location is going to be one of your bigger issues, as not every one of your audience members is going to reside from the same location.
    ^Agreed. Depending on your target market (which might be small) or can be very large, the chances of everyone being in the same proximity is slim. This can causes outages for certain customers and speeds may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by JFSG View Post
    0.098 seconds average? Not in the foreseeable future I guess...
    Well maybe if you don't count network latency

Is the web page static or dynamic like php? And how many images, css, js are there. I recommend to people trying to push up their SEO ranking via page speeds, to first look at the page itself. There are plenty of free load time analyzers out there.

Once you're able to cut down the requests meaningfully, then we move onto servers. It still depends on the type of application we're dealing with, but something with a memory cached front is a must. This also pretty much excludes shared hosting as there's just too many variables to deal with like cache misses, cpu load, etc.

There's a lot more infrastructure things to do that continue to speed it up. But if you're asking on WHT instead of your expert engineers, you're likely not at the level needed to consider it.

But really, the first step to < 100ms response, is to cut that page down.

Most fastest is most expensive

Quote Originally Posted by klimnad View Post
    Most fastest is most expensive
    not always, but you do tend to get what you pay for.

My suggestion will be to always choose host offering money back guarantee, so you will have good time to test their services, speed and up time.