Any VPS provider offer failover VPS?

Hello,

I'm looking for a provider who can offer failover cPanel managed VPS.

At least two VPS in different datacenter location is required but it can be 3 different location (1 for DNS + 2 web/sql servers) on cPanel.

If you have any recommandation please let me know, or maybe a thrid party outsourced compagny can manage to get this kind of setup done.

1GB ram would suffice as the site currently working fine on 700+/-MB with WiredTree but we can't really have downtime as it critical business.

Thank you!

Critical business running on VPS is a bit of nonsense.

I suggest you take a look at InterWorx. Maybe it is the product you are looking for.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

liquidweb or softlayer maybe?

Check out VPSLatch thay have some good deals on cPanel Managed VPS's and offer multi. locations US, NL, and UK.
    FusionNET Solutions
    OpenVZ & XEN VPS available in US & UK.
    IRC & Adult Allowed, RDNS Control, 24/7 Helpdesk, VPN Ready, Native IPv6 Ready!

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    Critical business running on VPS is a bit of nonsense.

I suggest you take a look at InterWorx. Maybe it is the product you are looking for.
    Well, it can run fine on shared hosting the site is only static splash page, VPS/Dedicated are similar in performance when you order from non budget host, the only downtime is caused by datacenter issue which affect anyway on dedicated.

I'll take a look on InterWorx thanks for the suggestion, budget aren't really an issue, so you can suggest servers compagny as well, but they need to be able to provide servers in different location using different transfit for failover (it should be a bit more complicated than on VPS)

Quote Originally Posted by CK-Shane View Post
    Check out VPSLatch thay have some good deals on cPanel Managed VPS's and offer multi. locations US, NL, and UK.
    Thanks, i'll contact them to see if they can provide failover setup for our website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    liquidweb or softlayer maybe?
    I've asked LiquidWeb and they are not able to offer such, like WiredTree. I'll try contact softlayer maybe they can do something.

From the Interworkx site:

http://www.voxel.net/voxcloud

http://steadfast.net/services/cluster.interworx.php

Both are reputable providers with several locations.

you could also look at a cloud provider who has this capability across data centers.. most cloud providers though would offer resiliency against hardware types of issues and elasticity - but, typically it is within the same NOC - so, this may not be what you are looking for. But, I think a couple of cloud providers do have cross data center type of setups and this may be a simpler way to accomplish what you are trying to do vs replicating data and managing DNS like this.

if it's a static page that doesn't rely on a database, it's pretty simple. just load up the data onto two hosts, and put each in round robin dns (an A entry for each server). Modern browsers are smart enough to connect to each server randomly, and will connect to the second one if their first choice is down. It's a pretty good poor-mans high availability.

If your sites depend on a database, then keeping that synced from several locations is a pretty tough challenge.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

I believe Unixy does provide something like this: http://vpslux.com/index.php?page=failover
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

None of the solutions above are serious for business. You need a cloud solution or better yet a real private load balanced cluster. We did craft a near free failover setup ourselves but honestly its problematic and not worth the hassle. My advice would be to just do it right from the start and focus on your business, not its hardware setup.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    None of the solutions above are serious for business. You need a cloud solution or better yet a real private load balanced cluster. We did craft a near free failover setup ourselves but honestly its problematic and not worth the hassle. My advice would be to just do it right from the start and focus on your business, not its hardware setup.
    JaguarPC is listed in the InterWorx site. Are you saying it doesn't work? Thanks.

Its not a real cluster and the sacrifice in performance didn't work for us. It does "work" at its basic level and personally I think interworx ir a lot cleaner and easier to use than say cpanel. But for clustering on real serious business you need a more robust solution.
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Thanks for sharing your experience! What you think about Microsoft Cluster?

I don't have any experience with it, sorry.

Thanks. There is a lot of fuzz with NoSQL databases as Cassandra, Riak and others. IMO a robust solution involving geographically dispersed servers and databases requires something like NoSQL / masterless architecture. Do you have any experience with that kind of dbms software?
    Last edited by dotHostel; 02-27-2011 at 04:41 AM.