Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

VPS Latch Review - UK and NL Servers

My US initial review: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1007240

My 8 week US review: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1018543

After my 8 week review in which I listed problems Adam had already compensated me for them, so I decided to try their UK and NL nodes. I am glad I did.

Both rock steady and extremely fast, not a minute of downtime between them so far (one week). No server load problems, and no total dropouts which happened to me on one of their US nodes.

Support still needs some work. I give out a sigh if I get a reply from one particular member of staff as they are useless, don't answer questions you ask, or explain what they are doing to fix whatever the problem is. It is hard work sometimes. Their 25 minute guideline has been missed on my last two tickers for an initial response, but to be fair, one of them reached a resolution soon after, without an initial response.

Whilst I am extremely satisfied with both the actual VPS themselves, I fear they will expand too quickly before there is enough support infrastructure in place as they are struggling already to meet their own deadlines. I really hope I am proven wrong though.

Keep up the good work Adam (and Jonathan). Just make sure you don't neglect your existing customers in order to gain new ones

+1 to that, I signed up for a VPS a week or so ago with them (UK node).

Edit: Just incase anyone took that the wrong way, that is a positive comment by the way! VPSLatch's services been awesome for me so far, no server problems, load issues, etc.. Been brilliant, rock solid !
    Last edited by Josh Allison; 02-26-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Rob,

Thank you for the honest review, and I deeply apologize for the support issues you've faced. We are aware of some of the problems that are occurring in the support department, and we working to fix them. We are currently in the process of revamping our entire support department, which includes replacing a few of our techs that were not up to par. We plan on having the entire support system reworked by early next week, which should show some major improvements with the quality of support overall.

I'm glad that we're overall keeping you happy and satisfied. Our #1 priority at VPSLatch is customers, and knowing that they are satisfied puts a smile on our face.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, we're just a click away!

Have a safe weekend.

Thanks for sharing your experience and i am not surprised that you are satisfied with VPSLatch ...

I ordered my 3rd NL server with them 2 weeks ago and so far my new NL server is going fast and smooth

Glad to see alot of clients and new clients being happy with VPSLatch, It's good to see they still please there clients even with there little issue they had about a month ago with the network, I've heard nothing but good things with the new expansions, and quality of service.

I always recommend anyone looking for Managed cPanel Services.

Do you ever plan to expand to offering IRC allowed VPS's, Yeah it's another market and with your managed agreement it might be kind of hard to follow with, but I'm just wondering.

Keep up the good work Adam!
    I know you always are there improving your company, and making them clients happy. Just good to see your still here for the new year, Get 'em Adam, Tell em, It's VPSLatch's Year!
    FusionNET Solutions
    OpenVZ & XEN VPS available in US & UK.
    IRC & Adult Allowed, RDNS Control, 24/7 Helpdesk, VPN Ready, Native IPv6 Ready!

They are getting big really fast. Fair play.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by UKCore | Josh A View Post
    +1 to that, I signed up for a VPS a week or so ago with them (UK node).

Edit: Just incase anyone took that the wrong way, that is a positive comment by the way! VPSLatch's services been awesome for me so far, no server problems, load issues, etc.. Been brilliant, rock solid !
    Thanks Josh, I'm glad you're satisfied, we'll continue to keep you 110% satisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by Fakher View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience and i am not surprised that you are satisfied with VPSLatch ...

I ordered my 3rd NL server with them 2 weeks ago and so far my new NL server is going fast and smooth
    Fakher, I'm glad your VPS's with us are going great, keep up the growth and thanks for your continued business and support.

Quote Originally Posted by CK-Shane View Post
    Glad to see alot of clients and new clients being happy with VPSLatch, It's good to see they still please there clients even with there little issue they had about a month ago with the network, I've heard nothing but good things with the new expansions, and quality of service.

I always recommend anyone looking for Managed cPanel Services.

Do you ever plan to expand to offering IRC allowed VPS's, Yeah it's another market and with your managed agreement it might be kind of hard to follow with, but I'm just wondering.

Keep up the good work Adam!
    I know you always are there improving your company, and making them clients happy. Just good to see your still here for the new year, Get 'em Adam, Tell em, It's VPSLatch's Year!
    Thanks for your support! We do not have plans to allow IRC, it's a whole different infrastructure and market to deal with and we're already busy with our current ones

Very impressive, keep up the good work VPSLatch.

Its paying off

Keep it up Vl-Adam
    I personally like vpslatch

The support seems really lacking in knowledge. 2 support tickets on 2 very easy questions and I couldn't get a good answer to either. And I'm getting a lot of 'broken English' responses which makes it hard to communicate and I have a feeling I'm speaking with an outsourced foreigner for my support. My first ticket was pasted here in another thread and someone helped me find what turned out to be a very easy answer. It seemed like no matter how I tried to describe my problem, I couldn't get the point across and it was a very simple question. My last ticket a couple days ago was asking how to set something up to work as it does with my shared hosting eleswhere and was told I couldn't do that. I then came here and immediately posted the same question and found that I could easily do this and set it up just a few minutes later (2 different ways I found I could do this and they both worked). So far, the managed aspect feels quite unmanaged and I kind of feel like I'm flying solo. In my short experience thus far, I've already learned the time of day not to ask questions because I have a feeling that I know the exact person that robtuk is speaking of and I've kind of figured out when he's working. I just know there might come a time when my questions will get tough and I'm worried about what it will be like when I can't ask generic questions to the forum here and need help with specific setup. For guys with strong Linux / VPS knowledge, this is probably a great choice. For beginners.. not quite sure it's the best at this point.

Not all bad though! The performance seems great. I've been doing speed tests and getting some pretty impressive results. I do like the fact that Adam cruises the boards and responds to people and he seems committed to what he's doing as well as being sincere in his approach with people. I am brand new to VPS so big learning curve, though I'm a programmer and typically pretty decent at catching on to the technical stuff pretty quick. I think I'm going to grab a VPS at knownhost this next month and do a little more comparing before settling in on a choice. I'll update more as time goes on!

Quote Originally Posted by gold2 View Post
    Keep it up Vl-Adam
    I personally like vpslatch
    Thank you We'll continue to do our best in order to continue satisfying you and your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfdogg View Post
    The support seems really lacking in knowledge. 2 support tickets on 2 very easy questions and I couldn't get a good answer to either. And I'm getting a lot of 'broken English' responses which makes it hard to communicate and I have a feeling I'm speaking with an outsourced foreigner for my support. My first ticket was pasted here in another thread and someone helped me find what turned out to be a very easy answer. It seemed like no matter how I tried to describe my problem, I couldn't get the point across and it was a very simple question. My last ticket a couple days ago was asking how to set something up to work as it does with my shared hosting eleswhere and was told I couldn't do that. I then came here and immediately posted the same question and found that I could easily do this and set it up just a few minutes later (2 different ways I found I could do this and they both worked). So far, the managed aspect feels quite unmanaged and I kind of feel like I'm flying solo. In my short experience thus far, I've already learned the time of day not to ask questions because I have a feeling that I know the exact person that robtuk is speaking of and I've kind of figured out when he's working. I just know there might come a time when my questions will get tough and I'm worried about what it will be like when I can't ask generic questions to the forum here and need help with specific setup. For guys with strong Linux / VPS knowledge, this is probably a great choice. For beginners.. not quite sure it's the best at this point.

Not all bad though! The performance seems great. I've been doing speed tests and getting some pretty impressive results. I do like the fact that Adam cruises the boards and responds to people and he seems committed to what he's doing as well as being sincere in his approach with people. I am brand new to VPS so big learning curve, though I'm a programmer and typically pretty decent at catching on to the technical stuff pretty quick. I think I'm going to grab a VPS at knownhost this next month and do a little more comparing before settling in on a choice. I'll update more as time goes on!
    Wolfdogg,

Do you have a ticket ID? We revamped our entire support department recently, so you should start seeing major improvements over the next few days or so

I'm glad that performance is excellent, and thanks for the kind words! If you ever need anything, remember that we're always just a click away.

Have a great week ahead!

- Adam

Talking

The support seems really lacking in knowledge. 2 support tickets on 2 very easy questions and I couldn't get a good answer to either. And I'm getting a lot of 'broken English' responses which makes it hard to communicate and I have a feeling I'm speaking with an outsourced foreigner for my support.
    It is a common problem with VPSLatch staff .
    Last edited by youser; 03-01-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by youser View Post
    no its not .....
    I have been with them for over 6 months, and till date every thing is sooth and fast. and support is world class to say the least.

no its not .....
    I have been with them for over 6 months, and till date every thing is sooth and fast. and support is world class to say the least.
    Go ahead and ignore "youser" - he trashes VPSLatch in every thread possible - and we couldn't even find him in the database - so I wouldn't be surprised if he's working as a representative for one of our competitors

Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    Go ahead and ignore "youser" - he trashes VPSLatch in every thread possible - and we couldn't even find him in the database - so I wouldn't be surprised if he's working as a representative for one of our competitors
    Does it mean you are paying some one for such things ?

As you claim I am working for your competitors, Let the WHT know for what company/whom I am working
    Last edited by youser; 03-01-2011 at 02:48 PM.

So...let others know for what company/whom I am working ?
    I am still waiting for a response back to my private message for verification that you were a past client.

Does it mean you are paying some one for such things ?

As you claim I am working for your competitors, Let the WHT know for what company/whom I am working
    ok so what is your past domain with them(VPSLatch)
    you trash them but you dont supply proof...
    so this ll force me to think that way....

:::::edit::::: see now you are logging off
    so again this ll force me to think that way....
    Last edited by Fakher; 03-01-2011 at 03:02 PM.

you mean paid poster
    not a very good way to make money tho
    Last edited by Fakher; 03-01-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Would companies actually put people in place to give negative feedback on their competitors?

Not doubting what you guys say....it just sounds like a pretty extreme course of action by fairly desperate people.

Let's make sure we aren't going off topic here

Thanks again for the honest review Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Would companies actually put people in place to give negative feedback on their competitors?

Not doubting what you guys say....it just sounds like a pretty extreme course of action by fairly desperate people.
    then how can one post a review about the services of a company he never even tried?
    Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    Let's make sure we aren't going off topic here

Thanks again for the honest review Rob!
    agreed....

then how can one post a review about the services of a company he never even tried?
    What review was that? I thought people had to validate their status on reviews?

nvm, you did it ....
    here I was not talking about you .....

see this post.
    How does he know this? If he has used their services, did he reported his domain to mods? i don't think so ...
    so that ll make me think why he is posting like this if he never used VPSLatch services? If he used why didn't he reported his domain to mods?
    Last edited by Fakher; 03-01-2011 at 02:37 PM.

@ robtuk: Thanks for your honest review . Keep us posted again. I hope they will improve quickly on the weak points and keep you more happy in future.

Ok, now this is just getting silly.

@youser, were you a client of VPSLatch? If so, please provide proof to the WebHostingTalk mods using http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7311443.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast