Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by th1chsn View Post
    What antivirus programs would you recommend (free or paid) as the best real time protection against maleware? Has anyone done any benchmarks to prove which piece of software reigns supreme?
    For the best performance to protect your computer, I prefer use only paid version. But before buy ones, you can try free trial so that you know the best features offered of that antivirus.
    Web Hosting for ASP.NET | Reliable Webhosting
    Support Latest ASP.NET, MVC,PHP, MSSQL 2012
      0 Not allowed!

I am using AVG internet security. It is good and protect your files and folders.
      0 Not allowed!

you must always use anti virus software which uses less computer memory, i use avast free one and its nice.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    On the PC, Norton 360
    Ditto with this, have had Norton since first time I came online and have had no viruses etc. ever.
      0 Not allowed!

Personally I'm a fan of ESET followed by Kaspersky.

In the work place we most commonly work with Symantec at the businesses we service. When it comes to home users we typically find AVG or another free based service.
      0 Not allowed!

I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. I think ESET v5 use more resources then previous versions
      0 Not allowed!

I have used Kaspersky.An its work Very good in my computer. I LIKE IT.
      0 Not allowed!

I've used Bitdefender for years with no problems
      0 Not allowed!

No program can detect every threat out there. thats why I use and suggest to people when I repair their computer to use MSE or Avast then Malwarebytes free and Superantispyware. Using these 3 programs you can detect most malware. Just my 2 cents.
    BB
      0 Not allowed!

I have always used Symantec.
    The the moment I am using Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE v12.

To date it hasn't failed.
      0 Not allowed!

i like Avast Internet Security paid version of 7.0, it has more secure services to our computer machines.
      0 Not allowed!

Kaspersky does a good job. Not sure why I do not like even the paid AVG.
    Internet Brothers Asia*SEOUL South Korea Since 1999
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr Business Registration 134-11-18207
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    KVM,VMware, XEN VPS, shared hosting , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea
      0 Not allowed!

MS Security Essentials has worked well for me, and it's free. It doesn't slow my system down, doesn't bug me with ads, hasn't given me any false-positives yet. Those are some of the biggest things for me.

Honestly I think the biggest part of virus protection is just avoiding the virus-laden files to begin with by downloading only from reputable sources. The anti-virus software is generally only a somewhat-reliable second layer of protection IMO.
      0 Not allowed!

hi...try the avira anti-virus....it's also a pretty good one
      0 Not allowed!

McAfee

Quote Originally Posted by th1chsn View Post
    What antivirus programs would you recommend (free or paid) as the best real time protection against maleware? Has anyone done any benchmarks to prove which piece of software reigns supreme?

McAfee is a decent recommendation. I've been using it. Though other brand like Kaspersky and others are also fine.
      0 Not allowed!

Use AVG for good protection. I am using on my lappy for more then 2 years and never faced any virus or spyware issues
      0 Not allowed!

I've used Avast on all my computers for the past 3 to 4 years. I also have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, and the free antivirus from them is great as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Using AVG Anti Virus Free since last 3 years and its working fine. All you need to UPDATE time to time.
    PORTFOLIO
    Expert in Web Designing
    Other Services-Wordpress, Joomla, Zencart, Vbulletin, PHP/MySQL
      0 Not allowed!

I would also recommend you, ESET SMART or AVG they are best anti virus to protect your pc by hacking or viruses.
      0 Not allowed!

I always prefer or recommend Avast! Home Edition antivirus software for a better protection of a PC/Laptop in Home. It has many security features like IM shiled, Web Shield, Mail Shield, Sandbox, Network shield, P2P shield etc. I will challenge that no other antivirus software can be afford such features for free.
      0 Not allowed!

Just Use Symantec antivirus corporate Edition 11.0. I have 3 years of experience....,mind it...
      0 Not allowed!

Paid= Kaspersky | use in it long time ago perfect
    Free= AVIRa
      0 Not allowed!

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security. This is serving perfectly but made my laptop a bit slow like other anti-virus. I have to say this is better and you should try with some paid service.
      0 Not allowed!

-Malwarebytes often comes up clean from complete scans, so it is not too good for serious infections.
    -AVG catches trojans while scanning in safe mode, but failed to erradicate completely.
    -Spybot is good at removing bad cookies/trackers. Although, I think spybot sometimes conflict with updating windows with disasterous results.

Trying out
    Advance System Care and SuperAntiSpyware
      0 Not allowed!

I used ESET Endpoint. Managed via Remote management Console on the home server.

Covers the internal network and family PC's externally (Uncles, Grandparents etc etc)

Would recommend.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast