Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Antivirus protection

What antivirus programs would you recommend (free or paid) as the best real time protection against maleware? Has anyone done any benchmarks to prove which piece of software reigns supreme?
      0 Not allowed!

You can disregard this post. I found another thread on here that's having a good discussion on it.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ight=antivirus
      0 Not allowed!

I would recommend NOD32. It has best protection against malware and viruses
      0 Not allowed!

i use avast on laptop and home computer its really very nice anti virus program. Try it out! Best of all its free.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayon View Post
    i use avast on laptop and home computer its really very nice anti virus program. Try it out! Best of all its free.
    Avast is good for home use (I'm a big fan of Avast) but for your business, I wouldn't recommend it because after all its free so there must be some features missing that are necessary for a business computer.
    Aniqa - Support Representative
    █ WooServers - Affordable, Fast & Reliable Servers
    █ 24/7/365 Premium Monitoring & Highly Qualified Staff!
    █ WooServers.com | cPanel Dedicated Server | European Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, Avast is pretty and it's free.
      0 Not allowed!

I am not happy with AVG. For some reasons I think kaspersky gave me better protection.
      0 Not allowed!

There are various good anti viruses like quick heal, Norton which provides best security. But the thing is that you need to keep the updates of all anti virus you are using in every 15 days to get full protection.
      0 Not allowed!

If you are looking for a free anti-virus. I suggest you get MS Security Essential. If your looking for paid, you can get Kaspersky Internet Security.
    Need a great way to track employees? Run payroll, track projects and much more!
      0 Not allowed!

try microsoft essentioals
      0 Not allowed!

Everyone advice according to his experiences so my suggestion is to use Avast Anti virus (Free registration for 1 year) or Eset Nod32 .. these anti virus should be install on your pc ,, and for malware protection use Malware bytes..
      0 Not allowed!

I think quick heal is the best antivirus to protect your computer or laptop from getting damaged.
      0 Not allowed!

I use Eset Smart Security, its really good Antivirus protection.
      0 Not allowed!

I use Kaspersky Internet Secuarity 2012 but I think still my company affected by viruses.Is there any antivirus available which is more better than my previous antivirus.
    Plz give me a solution,I want to remove my computer Virus.
    Regards,
    Sultan
      0 Not allowed!

The best antivirus in my knowledge against viruses ,malwares ,etc is only Norton 360 .

No one can compete it !
    The main bug in NOD32 is that it failed responding on risk viruses .

The main bug in mcafee is that there virus detection technology is not so precise .

The main bug in Avast is that it stop execution when any high risk virus entered your system .

The main bug in quickheal is that it deletes effected system files(rather than clean it) ,so makes your system corrupted .

The main bug in AVG is that it has very weak threat detection technology .

The only bug i saw in Norton is that it takes more resources than others yet it fine in today laptops .

The main bug Kaspersky Internet Secuarity 2012 is that it has medium threat detection engine (as above mentioned by masterwritter.

These are my own personal opinion .

Thanks
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers
      0 Not allowed!

On the PC, Norton 360
    On the laptop, Norton Internet Security . don't need the flashy 360 stuff on the laptop, and their licensing system sucks.
    btw, the BEST place to buy norton stuff? NOT from them directly.
    Amazon has downloadable product for less than 1/2 what Norton wants for their products (Internet Security, 360, etc), so this'll definitely be where I take my business in the future. Same licenses (3 'users', hah), just a lot cheaper.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details
      0 Not allowed!

This is probably the most robust and respected AV comparison that gets updated annually.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/
      0 Not allowed!

Avast is the only way to go.

@Mnchost

if it was so bad why do 150 million people use it worldwide?

including:

Sea Hauliers (incremental updates keept satellite download cost's down)
    5-10 NHS's in the UK
    Home user's all over the world
    businesse's small and large
    and more than that.

also why does it win awards all over the place.

joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware
      0 Not allowed!

I've just acquired AVG Internet Security 2012 for about $2 through their current offers. Seems to be working quite well..picked up right away on the EICAR tests.

However, some articles I was reading recently did tout Bitdefender as one of the most complete suites out there.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by J Gwynne PC Repair View Post
    Avast is the only way to go.

@Mnchost

if it was so bad why do 150 million people use it worldwide?

including:

Sea Hauliers (incremental updates keept satellite download cost's down)
    5-10 NHS's in the UK
    and more than that.

also why does it win awards all over the place.

joe
    @Joe,Thanks for reviewing my post .

First and foremost , i am not pointing avast as bad antivirus .just i gave comparision among different antiviruses .I know avast is also good ,but it fails execution against some threats (just give it try with Win32/Virut Family viruses/threats).

Originally Posted by J Gwynne PC Repair
    Because it free !

Did you read history and current market position of Symantec in security world. Verisign is also under Symantec Cooperation .
    Last edited by MNCHOST - Chris; 05-19-2012 at 04:24 PM.

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mnchost View Post
    @Joe,Thanks for reviewing my post .

First and foremost , i am not pointing avast as bad antivirus .just i gave comparision among different antiviruses .I know avast is also good ,but it fails execution against some threats (just give it try with Win32/Virut Family viruses/threats).

Did you read history and current market position of Symantec in security world. Verisign is also under Symantec Cooperation .

They are massive and they buy hundred's of companies/software.....

ghost
    Partition magic
    etc etc

but i think Avast is better straight to the point internet security products.

joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by J Gwynne PC Repair View Post
    They are massive and they buy hundred's of companies/software.....

ghost
    Partition magic
    etc etc

but i think Avast is better straight to the point internet security products.

joe
    I agreed and they(symantec) have experience too .
    Just read this :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symantec

Avast is also good but not best ! Avast failed in many test performed by our team while at the time of my university research .

0 Not allowed!

Microsoft Essentials... same as their paid version, but with corp stuff removed.

I used some of the others, but after they started with ads, messing with firewall, etc, I ditched them. All I want is an anti-virus... I don't need the app to do anything else.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!
      0 Not allowed!

I would like to recommend Avira Antivirus because I am using it for a while and have a great response.
      0 Not allowed!

Avast Free is not licensed for business use. Companies using it are paying for Avast Professional / Avast Business Protection.

I use Avast Pro for myself and my clients. Their central management system is great for businesses.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by th1chsn View Post
    What antivirus programs would you recommend (free or paid) as the best real time protection against maleware? Has anyone done any benchmarks to prove which piece of software reigns supreme?
    For the best performance to protect your computer, I prefer use only paid version. But before buy ones, you can try free trial so that you know the best features offered of that antivirus.
    Web Hosting for ASP.NET | Reliable Webhosting
    Support Latest ASP.NET, MVC,PHP, MSSQL 2012
      0 Not allowed!

I am using AVG internet security. It is good and protect your files and folders.
      0 Not allowed!

you must always use anti virus software which uses less computer memory, i use avast free one and its nice.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    On the PC, Norton 360
    Ditto with this, have had Norton since first time I came online and have had no viruses etc. ever.
      0 Not allowed!

Personally I'm a fan of ESET followed by Kaspersky.

In the work place we most commonly work with Symantec at the businesses we service. When it comes to home users we typically find AVG or another free based service.
      0 Not allowed!

I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. I think ESET v5 use more resources then previous versions
      0 Not allowed!

I have used Kaspersky.An its work Very good in my computer. I LIKE IT.
      0 Not allowed!

I've used Bitdefender for years with no problems
      0 Not allowed!

No program can detect every threat out there. thats why I use and suggest to people when I repair their computer to use MSE or Avast then Malwarebytes free and Superantispyware. Using these 3 programs you can detect most malware. Just my 2 cents.
    BB
      0 Not allowed!

I have always used Symantec.
    The the moment I am using Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE v12.

To date it hasn't failed.
      0 Not allowed!

i like Avast Internet Security paid version of 7.0, it has more secure services to our computer machines.
      0 Not allowed!

Kaspersky does a good job. Not sure why I do not like even the paid AVG.
    Internet Brothers Asia*SEOUL South Korea Since 1999
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr Business Registration 134-11-18207
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    Cloud XEN VPS, VDS , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea Twitter @internetbros
      0 Not allowed!

MS Security Essentials has worked well for me, and it's free. It doesn't slow my system down, doesn't bug me with ads, hasn't given me any false-positives yet. Those are some of the biggest things for me.

Honestly I think the biggest part of virus protection is just avoiding the virus-laden files to begin with by downloading only from reputable sources. The anti-virus software is generally only a somewhat-reliable second layer of protection IMO.
      0 Not allowed!

hi...try the avira anti-virus....it's also a pretty good one
      0 Not allowed!

McAfee

Quote Originally Posted by th1chsn View Post

McAfee is a decent recommendation. I've been using it. Though other brand like Kaspersky and others are also fine.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast