Need advice on the website slowness

Hi,

I have my web site hosted in US as well as my .com domain name. 2 years ago I bought the .com.sg domain and set it to point to my web hosting server in US.

My problem now is the customers in Asia like Indonesia and China are complaining of the unable/very slow to access my website on .com.sg.

Any advice if the slowness is due to my domain .com.sg is pointing to US server?

Will it be fix if I move my web hosting to Singapore server?

Should the .com.sg domain also hosted in the same web hosting company?

Cheers

Depending on where your server is such as you mentioned in the US the distance between your server and China, Singapore is so great that the speed is cut out by the loops the connection has to jump through for them to be able to load their sites.

Nevertheless your domain would not matter it can be registered anywhere and pointed anywhere the only solution would be put them on a server closer to them rather then further. Preferably in their own country for best results.

Quote Originally Posted by Host99 View Post
    Depending on where your server is such as you mentioned in the US the distance between your server and China, Singapore is so great that the speed is cut out by the loops the connection has to jump through for them to be able to load their sites.

Nevertheless your domain would not matter it can be registered anywhere and pointed anywhere the only solution would be put them on a server closer to them rather then further. Preferably in their own country for best results.
    Thanks for the advice! I am looking for the reliable local web hosting currently to move my website to Singapore

moving to local hosting will be fine, sure you will find improvement.

ask them for a traceroute to your site, you'll see if there's any problem on the routing to your site from their computers
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Can the same people access your *.com domain normally, and only the .com.sg is slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas-M View Post
    Can the same people access your *.com domain normally, and only the .com.sg is slow?
    That was the question I was about to ask as well. If yes, then the issue is with your forwarding/redirect, not the hosting.
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

Thanks for the advices..

When I was overseas (China) I tried to access even my control panel in the my *.com domain.. unfortunately hardly can go through... timeout all the way

So does it looks like the hosting got problem?

No the issue is not with your hosting, but rather the Chinese government blocking your site (or more technically, the great firewall restricting access to the IP address on which your site is hosted on)
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

How do they decide what to block??

I've also had complaints from chinese people about my site being slow, althow it was hosted in Europe. I guess the Chinese just have slow internet )

You could always use CDN (Content Delivery Network) which will serve your website from the closest server available to your customers, so you and your customers can get the best possible speed.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

Slowness of a web site also depends upon the web coding. Quality hosts maintain good speed all over the world. So, if you are with such host, there should not such issue.

Quote Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
    Quality hosts maintain good speed all over the world. So, if you are with such host, there should not such issue.
    Eh, I'd like to disagree. No matter the quality or amazingness of a network...US to Singapore is a pretty long way.

My speedtest to Singapore - http://www.speedtest.net/result/1189688665.png

My speedtest to local earlier today -
    http://speedtest.net/result/1189073313.png

I agree with Noppix. Although many don't realize sometimes the km between to places matter even in hosting speed. You can't just put your files on a server in Jamaica and have a good sped in Germany let's say