Thumbs down experience with vpsfuze

I dont like to give negative feedback about companies most of the time, but there should be a difference between "bad service" and "no service". I usually get along well with the first, as i do not need much help or support most of the time. But second just does not make sense in the hosting industry.

I found vpsfuze on wht about a month ago and it looked promising, so i wanted to try it.

my server was down when i woke up today, looking at the stats it has been down for 2 hours already. i tried to boot it through vps panel and it took like 15 mins to boot, even then it was going on and off randomly. so i created a ticket. the ticket page does not give you a confirmation so i went ahead and sent an email too. as of now it has been 5 hours and i did not get a response. the server is "online" right now, but it took me hours to get a 100KB backup of the database. so you can imagine what kind of "online" service it is. i dont know what it is, but even a ls command takes 20 secs to process under a load of 1.00, no service running on it to create any lag.

now the funny thing is 2 weeks ago my server was shutdown without prior warning because of high load. you have to understand this is a dns server. and its a beta test domain it serves dns for. there is no traffic at all to the server. but even from day one, the load was around 1.00 - 2.00 all the time. even if i stop web service and other stuff. i have always worked on dedicated servers so i thought this might be a vps thing, maybe allocates resources even if you dont run anything and did not complain. now there is something obviously wrong and there is no one around to tell me what it is.

i never need support or management but if you are in a server hosting business, 5 hours (and counting) is not an acceptable response time for emergencies like this.
    Last edited by Angelo; 02-25-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Wow, I guess they don't have support 24/7.

I'm sorry to hear your experience with them.
    Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    CS Student, Geek, Software Engineer, Developer

sorry to hear the truth from you about them.

Maybe they do. Cause after waiting 5 hours, i sent another e-mail saying cancel my service, i received a response back saying i should place the request on my panel. Sure thing.

If you're in the same or similar timezone with them, I guess the problem is rooted in their support.