Exclamation 3rd party Domain on Godaddy's Shared Hosting?

Hey friends,
    I'm a web designer / graphic designer from India.
    This is just my second post but I'm not really new here, have been a selfish observer since couple of years
    Don't worry, I'll be active in the community now.

So, the situation is that my client has a domain registered on www.bigrock.com which was earlier pointing to a blogspot blog and now he wants a private hosting to install wordpress.
    Since he doesn't have much budget, I planned to host this domain on my good old shared hosting account at GoDaddy.

Now, I searched all over google, even here and am surprised that my question should be most popular one with tutorials all over but it's no where mentioned. The question is:

How do I host a 3rd party domain on GoDaddy's shared hosting? Is it possible?

Well, what I tried till now is changed the nameservers to my GD's hosting account. Added the domain in my hosting control panel and mentioned it's directory. Also deleted the Google's A records and CNAME records from the domain. Added an A record of my GoDaddy's server. Waited for a day and still no effect.

The domain is: www.thestupidmonkey.com

Earlier pinging this resolved google's host. Now it's unable to resolve anything.

Where am I wrong? How do I proceed?

Thanks,
    Jugal

the specific nameservers for godaddy hosting depend on when the domain was added.

search godaddy's site for hosting nameservers.
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses

I tried, they seem to have only 2 nameservers for my account:
    ns13.domaincontrol.com
    ns14.domaincontrol.com

Another problem is that, I need to have bigrock's (registrar's) nameservers in the domain in order to use the DNS service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugal View Post
    Another problem is that, I need to have bigrock's (registrar's) nameservers in the domain in order to use the DNS service.
    That may be your problem. Since you're using GD's nameservers, they'll be the ones handling the DNS. No need to include bigrock's.

[EDIT]: Have you seen this page? http://help.godaddy.com/article/664 It appears you're suppose to use ns67.domaincontrol.com, ns68.domaincontrol.com

use google.

search for godaddy hosting nameservers

then point to the godaddy hosting IP address.
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    That may be your problem. Since you're using GD's nameservers, they'll be the ones handling the DNS. No need to include bigrock's.

[EDIT]: Have you seen this page? http://help.godaddy.com/article/664 It appears you're suppose to use ns67.domaincontrol.com, ns68.domaincontrol.com

Whoa, never got that page in search results.
    Okay, that seems to be working according to GoDaddy.
    So I just edited the nameserves to these mentioned by you and what I am assuming is that the domain will show up in my GoDaddy's DNS Manager once it's set. Am I right? Or do I need to do something at GoDaddy's end as well?

Thanks for the help.

I'm not positive about how GoDaddy's system works. Perhaps someone with GD experience will chime in, or you could also contact GD's support and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Burnt View Post
    then point to the godaddy hosting IP address.
    Do you mean keeping the nameservers default and just changing the A record?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    ...or you could also contact GD's support and find out.
    GoDaddy's support? LoL!
    They reply after 8 hours and all their email contains is a pre-written text which mostly says "We do not provide support for 3rd party services / apps / hosts / registrars / anything"

I'd rather wait here.

GoDaddy's support? LoL!
    They reply after 8 hours and all their email contains is a pre-written text which mostly says "We do not provide support for 3rd party services / apps / hosts / registrars / anything"

I'd rather wait here.
    Oh, wow, didn't know that.

To their credit, however, their knowledgebase is pretty detailed.

http://help.godaddy.com/article/5399

So it looks like once you've changed the nameservers of the domain and added the domain to your hosting account, you should be all set.

Yes, it's done.
    I changed the nameservers to those special ones for 3rd party domains and it did appear in my DNS manager. Phew!

Wasn't that difficult, just couldn't find the resources properly

Thanks all for helping.

Cheers!

No problem.