Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We did replied all the tickets, everyone who did contacted us should have a reply. I just want to mention that we cannot solve things without a email.

Just got this:

Dear sir/madame,

There went something wrong with our node after an large incoming DDOS yesterday. We've rebooted the node and after that the problems went visible. Normally we do not backup VPS servers due our low prices, but we just made yesterday a backup for cases like this. This backup function in solusvm did make the backups but they are not compatible and it looks like they are corrupt and too small.

This could be the reason why your VPS has been reset. We've been working the past 24 hours very hard to get everything working again but did not get all the backups working. We would like to give everyone a compensation for this and will give everyone at least one month for free. You can also use our staff to help you out with installing software on yoru VPS. This compensation can be requested by sending a email to support@prefiber.nl

We would like to apologies to everyone and we hope to clear things up with this emails.

Kind regards,

PREFIBER

Maybe prefiber learned the lesson and will start taking backups now?
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    Maybe prefiber learned the lesson and will start taking backups now?
    If they do, I hope they provide it as an paid addon only instead of raising prices. Frankly, everyone should maintain their own backups regardless of their provider's backup policy. This VPS was from an affordable/budget provider and one should not expect backups with such price point. Remember, even if a provider is claiming to backup data it could become inaccessible/lost or held ransom.

Arrow i hawe trust in prefiber

"dotHostel" if I understood well you paid € 27.85EUR VPS for a year and expect that everything is perfect and you dont hawe your external backup?
    I had the same problem as you,but I fully understand prefiber and support them, because his offer is ok price and terms that there is not hawe almost all of the "big and old" hosting providers, of course prefiber need to improve but I think it should give them time to improve .This can happen with any service provider, because take care of backup your data,and hawe trust in prefiber,i hawe)

We will setup an new external backup system for all our VPS servers(iSCSI storage) . Customers can choose if they want their VPS to be backed up or not. You can also choose in the near future to get your VPS hosted on a very very fast iSCSI storage system. Both features will be presented as an addon and can be chosen by the customers.

All our customers will receive an email about this very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by euronet063 View Post
    "dotHostel" if I understood well you paid € 27.85EUR VPS for a year and expect that everything is perfect and you dont hawe your external backup?
    I had the same problem as you,but I fully understand prefiber and support them, because his offer is ok price and terms that there is not hawe almost all of the "big and old" hosting providers, of course prefiber need to improve but I think it should give them time to improve .This can happen with any service provider, because take care of backup your data,and hawe trust in prefiber,i hawe)
    You didn't understand.

WHERE do you read I do expect "everything is perfect" from Prefiber? WHERE do you read I'm asking for backups? I don't need backups. The intended use of the VPS was as DNS secondary, and I have a lot of secondary DNS. Did you check the dates? Read the posts? Then your problem equals mine? Two times VPS terminated and IP changed? Waiting weeks for a reply from Prefiber? Well, if you think your post attacking me can help Prefiber ... good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by prefiber View Post
    Every VPS customer is receiving now a email with the explanation. Your payment is also refunded now.
    My PayPal account doesn't list any refund from Prefiber.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 02-27-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

i understend you,but dont understand you asking refund after one month...
    payment: 2010-12-07
    ask refund: 2011-01-30
    i think dat in curently is no provider on world who is give you refund after that time,if prefiber promise you after that long time refund,dat is one more good thing on prefiber to me .

i understend you,but dont understand you asking refund after one month...
    payment: 2010-12-07
    ask refund: 2011-01-30
    i think dat in curently is no provider on world who is give you refund after that time,if prefiber promise you after that long time refund,dat is one more good thing on prefiber to me .
    If the "provider on world" you know is like Prefiber, I'm sure you don't know.

Funny your kiddie strategy trying to turn a case of provider total incompetence on "user didn't backup data" or "user asking for refund". What is next? Do you think the WHT members are idiot?

BTH Prefiber didn't promise refund. Prefiber affirmed here it refunded.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 02-27-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Just ordered, and emailed them because their instant activation didnt work, but shows as active
    Senior System Administrator / DevOp - LinkedIn / MailChannels Director of Sales, Europe
    MyW - Shared/Reseller Hosting & Server Management (cPanel/DA/Virtualization Servers)

My "strategy"?Friend i dont hawe strategy i only ask,prefiber hawed problem ok,i to lost data from my vps,but my fault is not hawed backups only say that,and i dont think dat other WHT users is idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    If the "provider on world" you know is like Prefiber, I'm sure you don't know.

Funny your kiddie strategy trying to turn a case of provider total incompetence on "user didn't backup data" or "user asking for refund". What is next? Do you think the WHT members are idiot?

BTH Prefiber didn't promise refund. Prefiber affirmed here it refunded.

My "strategy"?Friend i dont hawe strategy i only ask,prefiber hawed problem ok,i to lost data from my vps,but my fault is not hawed backups only say that,and i dont think dat other WHT users is idiots.
    Are you nervous? Your English is a lot better posting fake reviews, as noted by other WHT members.

What is your problem is beter question,if you not satisfied you are expect dat all must bee,i dont hawe any relations with prefiber only like user,and report please to wht if you think dat i post fake.

You are really nervous.

What is your problem is beter question,if you not satisfied you are expect dat all must bee,i dont hawe any relations with prefiber only like user,and yes report please.
    You are really nervous.

) friend you are wrong is think dat i hawe any relation with prefiber,wery wrong,i only asked and post my review,i dont know dat is forbiden to hawe trust in prefiber
    below is few emails i send to prefiber dat you see ..........:

My:Hi
    my VPS is down and dont wont to boot or reboot
    Username: vmuserxx
    If you may check .Thanks

Prefiberear sir/madame,
    What is your VPS IP?
    Tom Denkers
    support@prefiber.nl
    Instant Dedicated servers, VPS servers and Colocation
    Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: SUD-424565
    Department: Support
    Priority: Low
    My: 178.xxx.xx.xx

blablabla....

[QUOTE=euronet063;7307882My:Hi
    my VPS is down and dont wont to boot or reboot
    Username: vmuserxx
    If you may check .Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you tried to boot then clearly your VPS was not terminated. As can you say your problem is like mine? For two times my VPS were terminated by mistake and IP changed. However, even though several other Prefiber customers posted their VPS erased or terminated you posted false accusation saying I didn't do backup and "bla bla bla". BS.

Tomorroy I'm going to post a detailed review of Prefiber with plenty of proofs they are incompetent and liars.

I paid very cheap price to know Prefiber and its owner.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 02-27-2011 at 07:42 PM.

o no no, i tried to reboot from client area that time,after some time i go on solus and see dat not hawe vps in that time and after some time get email from prefiber about bug ddos blabla,but i say dat hawe trust in prefiber only say that,you hawe right to an opinion and post difrent from me,this is forum not battlefield if you agree.

Thumbs up

we also got a vps from prefiber, but i am really happy with it. No troubles whatsoever. So its not all bad news

Quote Originally Posted by sander815 View Post
    we also got a vps from prefiber, but i am really happy with it. No troubles whatsoever. So its not all bad news

I've attempted to call them, but their voicemail is full - emails reach nowhere. This is my last attempt to contact them before the month's end.

Today I finally use prefiber again.

Since the japan's earth quake, I think it would be good to have a EU vps. Although I did not have a good experience before, but prefiber is my first EU vps, I want to give prefiber one more chance. .

all vps'es seem down, can anyone confirm prefiber is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by sander815 View Post
    all vps'es seem down, can anyone confirm prefiber is dead?
    YOU can confirm that they're NOT, before you post...

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/Prefiber.nl

F-DNS you first read post ,before wrote somthing,sander815 not say prefiber.nl site is down ,hi say vps 's is down.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast