Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PREFIBER is a joke (Prefiber.nl vps review/experience)

Prefiber is a Dutch hosting provider and it is the worst hosting provider I have used before.

OK, let me give my experience.

Note: time and date are all +0800 and in 24 hours format

2011-2-26 10:19, my vps on PREFIBER became offline.
    2011-2-26 13:34, I emailed [email protected]
    2011-2-26 18:30, I sent another mail
    2011-2-26 18:56, got first response
    2011-2-26 22:38, the vps is back and prefiber guy said he rebooted the vps. But in fact they reinstalled the Operating System.

It was Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit and now it is Centos 5 x86_64 bit.

Everything is lost.

And till now(2011-2-27 00:26), no one explains what was happened.

Everyone should keep away from PREFIBER, otherwise you may lost your data. And also their support response is very very slow even if your vps was down.

I find it hard to believe hosting provider reformatted your VPS. It's just unbelievable.
    KnownSRV.com - Fast, Quality and Secure MANAGED VPS with fast SSD drives in h/w RAID10
    Full network and hardware customization possible - let's talk your needs. Optional 500gbps DDoS protection!
    █ PayPal, Credit Cards, Skrill, Payza, PerfectMoney, WebMoney and BitCoins accepted

Quote Originally Posted by SceneSRV View Post
    I find it hard to believe hosting provider reformatted your VPS. It's just unbelievable.
    The OP is lucky as the VPS was reformatted just one time (until now) and kept the same IP (until now).
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

Quote Originally Posted by SceneSRV View Post
    They said "We did not reinstalled anything at all." just now.

But if not them, who? The only operation I did after the vps became offline is tried to reboot the system, but it failed then I did not touch the system anymore.

And also, I can confirm I did not reinstall the system - everybody knows that when doing reinstall, I have to choose a OS, but I did not do such operation.

Furthermore, If they did not reinstall my system and nobody did the reinstall, I believe that there is a big issue in their system - the vps system may get reinstalled without any reason.

So, whatever the case is, keep away from them.

The only thing not bad is that they said "will try to set the backup back.", we will see.

I have a vps for about 5 weeks now and had several problems. Now my vps disappeared from the vpspanel and is not reachable.

I had three VPS with them because the price was good but they were all so slow they became useless.
    I canceled even though I had paid up front for six months.
    They seem to continue to prove that they should be avoided.

Do they use SolusVM? If so check the logs in your panel.

Logs & Statistics --> Logs --> You should see all actions done with your VPS

Quote Originally Posted by Kurikami View Post
    Do they use SolusVM? If so check the logs in your panel.

Logs & Statistics --> Logs --> You should see all actions done with your VPS
    I am not sure if it is SolusVM. But I checked the log and the only action I can see is "Change Root Password", that is what I did after the system being reinstalled.

And they asked me to setup the ubuntu again then they will try to set backup back. My answer is "I don't want to waste anymore time. I am not going to setup ubuntu. Just set backup back into the current OS". But I think they cannot do this without setting up back to my old system ubuntu since they did the whole system backup(if they did)?

ok, as I said above, I don't want to waste any more time for them. The only thing I will do for them is to keep this post updating on what will be going on.

Same issue for me. Server is offline now and "disppeared" from vps pannel. No answers to my emails.
    Stay aware from this provider!!!

They "rebooted" my VPS also and it changed SSH key and all data lost.

The same thing happened to me (I had backups though) - they wiped the VPS and installed a fresh copy of CentOS

Any way to get refund from them?
    It is just crazy to use their service after this.

2011-2-26 5:32 They emailed me: "We've tried to set back the VPS's to the old state, but the boot line of the VPS's is not correct anymore, it won't boot."

I don't understand what they are saying. But when I looked into my vps, no backup. And I tried to reboot, and it rebooted successfully but still no backup.

I am going to setup a ubuntu again(my previous os) and see if they really have a backup. Yes, I said "I am not going to setup a ubuntu again" yesterday, but now I really want to see if they really have a backup. Or just another joke.

WARNING again: Keep away from prefiber.nl.

And here is the log. The "Fri Feb 25 17:23"(timezone for this time is MSK) should be the time they reinstalled my vps.

[[email protected] ~]# last
    root pts/0 182.88.203.29 Sat Feb 26 06:00 still logged in
    reboot system boot 2.6.18-194.26.1. Sat Feb 26 06:00 (00:08)
    root pts/0 182.88.203.29 Sat Feb 26 05:56 - down (00:03)
    root pts/0 182.88.203.29 Fri Feb 25 19:17 - 23:18 (04:01)
    reboot system boot 2.6.18-194.26.1. Fri Feb 25 17:23 (12:36)
    reboot system boot 2.6.18-194.26.1. Fri Feb 25 17:23 (00:00)

wtmp begins Fri Feb 25 17:23:09 2011

[[email protected] ~]# date
    Sat Feb 26 06:11:31 MSK 2011

We've tried to set back the VPS's to the old state, but the boot line of the VPS's is not correct anymore, it won't boot.
    Is the last I've heard from you prefiber. So I already sent several emails to your support and you knew about my problem since yesterday 11:38:48 +0100, because that is when i got the first reply.

Now if you would just openly admit you screwed up and that you are not able to get things going again, I'd still be pissed, but at least that would be an honest move.

ah ha, I have contacted you guys but what I got is a reinstalled system. So mention again, the reply is really really slow.

And you guys said "try to set backup back". But nothing happened.

And you mentioned "there was a bug". That is what I said a few hours ago, "Furthermore, If they did not reinstall my system and nobody did the reinstall, I believe that there is a big issue in their system - the vps system may get reinstalled without any reason."

Actually, I would understand if you guys can explain it to me quickly when it was happened, and I wouldn't mind it down for hours. But you guys made response very slowly and seems like don't want to let me know anything. 

If there is a issue, fix it ASAP.
    If you are not able to fix it ASAP, explain it ASAP.
    If you are not able to fix/explain it ASAP, everybody should stay away from you ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by mvog View Post
    Is the last I've heard from you prefiber. So I already sent several emails to your support and you knew about my problem since yesterday 11:38:48 +0100, because that is when i got the first reply.

Now if you would just openly admit you screwed up and that you are not able to get things going again, I'd still be pissed, but at least that would be an honest move.

I got this completely same message from prefiber.

We've tried to set back the VPS's to the old state, but the boot line of the VPS's is not correct anymore, it won't boot.

2010-12-07
    This is a payment receipt for Invoice 127 sent on 07/12/2010
    VPS Linux #2 PROMO (07/12/2010 - 06/12/2011)
    IP adresses: No extra IP's
    Supportplan: No support plan €23.40EUR
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub Total: €23.40EUR
    19.00% VAT: €4.45EUR
    Credit: €0.00EUR
    Total: €27.85EUR
    Amount: €27.85EUR
    Transaction #: 7KT795964G5244731
    Total Paid: €27.85EUR
    Remaining Balance: €0.00EUR

2011-01-19
    2011-01-21
    to: [email protected]
    Subject: Lowendbox

Hi,

Could you please explain what is going on with
    VPS 178.239.56.84?

My VPS is listed as TERMINATED in the WHM panel yet
    it was paid annually (next due date 7-Dec-2011 - please
    see the attached screenshot) and I didn't asked to cancel
    this VPS.

The VPS was 48+h DOWN and accessing the control panel
    (http://vps.uxw.nl/) there is no VPS listed.

Thanks,
    First reply from Prefiber. New VPS, new IP.

2011-01-21
    [#EDG-519891]: Lowendbox

This was due a cronjob which was badly configured. Our apologies for this inconvenience.

I rebuilded you a new vps which most likely has a new IP. I don't have the authorization to deal with billing and such. This will be fixed later on.

I hope this eases the problem a little untill my colleague reads this.

With best regards,

Rudy Nutbeij
    [email protected]
    Instant Dedicated servers, VPS servers and Colocation

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: EDG-519891
    Department: Support
    Priority: Medium

VPS terminated for the second time

2011-01-30
    to: [email protected]
    subject Re: [#EDG-519891]: Lowendbox

Hi Rudy,

It seems unbelievable for me but it is just true: the new VPS is not answering requests and it IS NOT listed in the control panel. Moreover SSH is not connecting to a changed port but is connecting to port 22 (yet not accepting the password), what is impossible as ssh configured and tested to not accept port 22 requests and iptables was configured to block access to port 22. Looks like the VPS was removed again.

Please I would like to ask for a refund as I can't afford this situation.

Thank you very much.

2011-02-02
    from Rudy Nutbeij, Prefiber <[email protected]>
    subject [#EDG-519891]: Lowendbox

I assigned this to Tom . He'll take care of your request as he takes care of these things.

To be honest, I have no idea why this happens (this only happens on your account as well).

I'm really sorry that this happened to you twice, I understand you can't afford these kind of things.

Best regards,

Rudy Nutbeij
    [email protected]

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: EDG-519891
    Priority: Urgent

2011-02-16
    2011-02-24
    I did register a complaint with PayPal.

2011-02-24
    from Tom Denkers, Prefiber <[email protected]>
    subject[#AWL-278354]: Problems

Dear sir/madame,

I heard from paypal that you got some problems or that you are not happy. Can you please let us know something about this? We would like to solve this very much.

Tom Denkers
    [email protected]
    2011-02-24
    to [email protected]
    subjectRe: [#AWL-278354]: Problems

>Dear sir/madame,

>I heard from paypal that you got some problems or that you are not >happy. Can you please let us know something about this? We would >like to solve this very much.

>Tom Denkers
    >[email protected]
    >Instant Dedicated servers, VPS servers and Colocation

Date: Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    Subject: [#EDG-519891]: Lowendbox

Dear xxx,

I assigned this to Tom . He'll take care of your request as he takes care of these things.

To be honest, I have no idea why this happens (this only happens on your account as well).

I'm really sorry that this happened to you twice, I understand you can't afford these kind of things.

Best regards,

Rudy Nutbeij
    2011-02-26
    Guess what? No reply from Prefiber.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 02-26-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Everyone who is experiencing this bug can have a compensation, we got enough manpower at our ticketsystem and will reply every ticket fast.

2011-02-26 ~13:00 UTC
    from Tom Denkers, Prefiber
    subject [#AWL-278354]: Problems

Dear sir/madame,

In the past there were some problems with your VPS and our system who did not checked the payment well and set your VPS as terminated. We would like to fix this and will give you as compensation the next 3 months your VPS for free and will double up your RAM . If you agree, please let us know by email.

We would like to get these things fixed.

Tom Denkers
    [email protected]

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: AWL-278354
    Priority: Low
    "next 3 months your VPS for free" What a deal considering I paid for 12 months and the VPS is down almost 2 months.

Please send an answer and don't copy past everything, this will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by prefiber View Post
    Please send an answer and don't copy past everything, this will not work.
    OK. Mr. Tom Denkers, if your company wants to act with a minimum of decency you should first apologize for the mess and then immediately proceed to a full refund.

Every VPS customer is receiving now a email with the explanation. Your payment is also refunded now.

Customers who did experienced problems, please contact us.
    What a weird reaction, if u read the topic that's exactly what they have been doing ?
    If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

We did replied all the tickets, everyone who did contacted us should have a reply. I just want to mention that we cannot solve things without a email.

Just got this:

Dear sir/madame,

There went something wrong with our node after an large incoming DDOS yesterday. We've rebooted the node and after that the problems went visible. Normally we do not backup VPS servers due our low prices, but we just made yesterday a backup for cases like this. This backup function in solusvm did make the backups but they are not compatible and it looks like they are corrupt and too small.

This could be the reason why your VPS has been reset. We've been working the past 24 hours very hard to get everything working again but did not get all the backups working. We would like to give everyone a compensation for this and will give everyone at least one month for free. You can also use our staff to help you out with installing software on yoru VPS. This compensation can be requested by sending a email to [email protected]

We would like to apologies to everyone and we hope to clear things up with this emails.

Kind regards,

PREFIBER

Maybe prefiber learned the lesson and will start taking backups now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    Maybe prefiber learned the lesson and will start taking backups now?
    If they do, I hope they provide it as an paid addon only instead of raising prices. Frankly, everyone should maintain their own backups regardless of their provider's backup policy. This VPS was from an affordable/budget provider and one should not expect backups with such price point. Remember, even if a provider is claiming to backup data it could become inaccessible/lost or held ransom.

Arrow i hawe trust in prefiber

"dotHostel" if I understood well you paid € 27.85EUR VPS for a year and expect that everything is perfect and you dont hawe your external backup?
    I had the same problem as you,but I fully understand prefiber and support them, because his offer is ok price and terms that there is not hawe almost all of the "big and old" hosting providers, of course prefiber need to improve but I think it should give them time to improve .This can happen with any service provider, because take care of backup your data,and hawe trust in prefiber,i hawe)

We will setup an new external backup system for all our VPS servers(iSCSI storage) . Customers can choose if they want their VPS to be backed up or not. You can also choose in the near future to get your VPS hosted on a very very fast iSCSI storage system. Both features will be presented as an addon and can be chosen by the customers.

All our customers will receive an email about this very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by euronet063 View Post
    "dotHostel" if I understood well you paid € 27.85EUR VPS for a year and expect that everything is perfect and you dont hawe your external backup?
    I had the same problem as you,but I fully understand prefiber and support them, because his offer is ok price and terms that there is not hawe almost all of the "big and old" hosting providers, of course prefiber need to improve but I think it should give them time to improve .This can happen with any service provider, because take care of backup your data,and hawe trust in prefiber,i hawe)
    You didn't understand.

WHERE do you read I do expect "everything is perfect" from Prefiber? WHERE do you read I'm asking for backups? I don't need backups. The intended use of the VPS was as DNS secondary, and I have a lot of secondary DNS. Did you check the dates? Read the posts? Then your problem equals mine? Two times VPS terminated and IP changed? Waiting weeks for a reply from Prefiber? Well, if you think your post attacking me can help Prefiber ... good luck.

Every VPS customer is receiving now a email with the explanation. Your payment is also refunded now.
    My PayPal account doesn't list any refund from Prefiber.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 02-27-2011 at 05:41 PM.

i understend you,but dont understand you asking refund after one month...
    payment: 2010-12-07
    ask refund: 2011-01-30
    i think dat in curently is no provider on world who is give you refund after that time,if prefiber promise you after that long time refund,dat is one more good thing on prefiber to me .

i understend you,but dont understand you asking refund after one month...
    payment: 2010-12-07
    ask refund: 2011-01-30
    i think dat in curently is no provider on world who is give you refund after that time,if prefiber promise you after that long time refund,dat is one more good thing on prefiber to me .
    If the "provider on world" you know is like Prefiber, I'm sure you don't know.

Funny your kiddie strategy trying to turn a case of provider total incompetence on "user didn't backup data" or "user asking for refund". What is next? Do you think the WHT members are idiot?

BTH Prefiber didn't promise refund. Prefiber affirmed here it refunded.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 02-27-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Just ordered, and emailed them because their instant activation didnt work, but shows as active
    Miguel Ângelo - Marketing/PR Bachelor - Need Marketing/IT consultation? Contact me for a quote.
    BackupInstance - Backup Servers and Advanced Solutions/Clustering/High-End Server Configurations

My "strategy"?Friend i dont hawe strategy i only ask,prefiber hawed problem ok,i to lost data from my vps,but my fault is not hawed backups only say that,and i dont think dat other WHT users is idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    If the "provider on world" you know is like Prefiber, I'm sure you don't know.

Funny your kiddie strategy trying to turn a case of provider total incompetence on "user didn't backup data" or "user asking for refund". What is next? Do you think the WHT members are idiot?

BTH Prefiber didn't promise refund. Prefiber affirmed here it refunded.

My "strategy"?Friend i dont hawe strategy i only ask,prefiber hawed problem ok,i to lost data from my vps,but my fault is not hawed backups only say that,and i dont think dat other WHT users is idiots.
    Are you nervous? Your English is a lot better posting fake reviews, as noted by other WHT members.

What is your problem is beter question,if you not satisfied you are expect dat all must bee,i dont hawe any relations with prefiber only like user,and report please to wht if you think dat i post fake.

You are really nervous.

What is your problem is beter question,if you not satisfied you are expect dat all must bee,i dont hawe any relations with prefiber only like user,and yes report please.
    You are really nervous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast