hostestate.com is a fraud!!

hostestate.com is a fraud.
    Hostestage sucks
    I never seen a hosting company services like this.
    my reseller(I bought a year):
    Registration Date: 01/01/2011
    Next Due Date: 01/01/2012

but now my reseller is down at 23/02/2011 08:04,i can't use it.

the first ticket He didn't answer.

so at 24/02/2011 04:57,I submit him a Ticket again.

He reply to me at 24/02/2011 20:29.
    he say:
    "We are working on this and should have it back up very soon,

How would you rate this reply? "

but now,my reseller is down,Please help me!!

thanks,my email:[email protected]
    Last edited by chineserights; 02-25-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Sorry to hear your bad experience, since the time the company was sold; everything went haywire.

It is time to move on, there are plenty of host out there.

I do think if you have problems with the host, change it for something better.

You know if it starts like that, don't wait for anything good from them.
    It's better to begin to look for another company.
    Just my two cents.

I apply for refund.
    but He didn't reply to me

How long has it been since you requested a refund?
    CrocWeb :: Canadian Web Hosting
    Accelerate your website, maximum performance!
    www.crocweb.com :: Since 2009 (Montreal, Quebec)

Unlucky! There are plenty of other providers to choose from.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with hostestate. You paid yearly? Hope you can get your money back.
    [Hostegic] [Features: Softaculous | RvSitebuilder | R1Soft backups | LiteSpeed | Cloudlinux | CloudFlare]
    [Location: UK] [Platforms: Linux - cPanel | Windows - WebsitePanel/Plesk]
    [Solutions: Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Virtual Private Servers - Xen/OpenVZ]
    [Guarantees: 24/7 Helpdesk Support | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 30 Days Money Back Guarantee]

Quote Originally Posted by chineserights View Post
    hostestate.com is a fraud.
    Hostestage sucks
    I never seen a hosting company services like this.
    my reseller(I bought a year):
    Registration Date: 01/01/2011
    Next Due Date: 01/01/2012

but now my reseller is down at 23/02/2011 08:04,i can't use it.

the first ticket He didn't answer.

so at 24/02/2011 04:57,I submit him a Ticket again.

He reply to me at 24/02/2011 20:29.
    he say:
    "We are working on this and should have it back up very soon,

How would you rate this reply? "

but now,my reseller is down,Please help me!!

thanks,my email:[email protected]
    If the issue get serious submit a refund request, if they deny i strongly suggest you to submit a complaint at their payment process company. If they accepted your payment via 2checkout, you are on safe side they will surely listen to your words. Go for it send them an email.

same thing happen, bought myself a 1 year reseller account and now they're gone, no refund or any help getting my data back.

feel like getting a ClaseAsuite againt them...

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    Sorry to hear your bad experience, since the time the company was sold; everything went haywire.

It is time to move on, there are plenty of host out there.
    I think the companies who get sold, are not need to be trusted because they already have sold due to problems.

but if new owners are playing well you can trust them, hope that you get sorted out.

my vps is down now before 15 DAYS any reason, any response,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I was with Hostestate for just a month and suffered a lot of problems, I switched from MellowHost (which was probably my biggest mistake) and requested for them to transfer my sites over as they offered this service for free.

They did what I asked but took their time about it and messed up the MySql databases for clients sites (they were pretty much wiped clean so I had to manually sort this). My own site then would not load and was showing what looked to be a temporary folder made during the transfer. I ticketed support about this and was told and was told I should ignore it and it will fix itself. Needless to say it didn't and I stuck out my month and hosted my own site elsewhere for the time being. And just after I cancelled I received an email from them about their servers being attacked so I'm glad I left when I did.

Seems like they arent 100% on what they should be doing.

about 48 hours for that ticket well, yeah unacceptable though they might have had a hardware failure maybe . No matter what they should inform their clients promptly and in detail rather than keeping them wondering and getting tempered.
    FLIPPER HOST Budget VPS, Resellers & Shared Linux Hosting
    cPanel/WHM, Solus VM, RV Site Builder Pro, Fantastico & Softaculous
    24x7 Heroic Ticketing and Live Chat
    Flipper Host is an Invest Lion Company

=[ I WISH you better luck and success with your next host. It is definitely time for a change and that is unacceptabale response time.

Apparently Hostestate was recently sold, but does anyone know if this is true? They hired us for web design modifications and are avoiding payment

Quote Originally Posted by lovecoredesigns View Post
    Apparently Hostestate was recently sold, but does anyone know if this is true? They hired us for web design modifications and are avoiding payment

Designers normally take 50% upfront before commitiing to work

I know, which is what was done. There is an outstanding balance though, which I am unlikely to receive any payment now they have sold the business.

So they paid you half and you provided them the full?

Or they paid half and you gave half, and are awaiting the final full half payment?
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Received deposit, completed the work. I had finished it before Christmas, and they have been avoiding me.

no response from hostestate?

Nothing at all, no. I won't chance them anymore. Too tiring.

I would never provide any form of work except a concept watermarked draft or, a PNG even. I would never provide full work for just a deposit made
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Received deposit, completed the work. I had finished it before Christmas, and they have been avoiding me.
    If you have been waiting that long, well mid jan the company was sold to the new owners, so guess they have no idea about this. You could just open a ticket with them and ask if they still want it you never know.

Ask to the new owners if they liked your design, sure you will have more works from them.

Yes, they did like the work, they are just simply avoiding the overdue invoices like the plague. I shall give up now.

Well actually in Honesty Lovecore Designs is really the worst designer I have met. I didn't ask for a copy and paste of the intial page that you made onto every other page otherwise the work would of been alot cheaper right?

Reality Is I paid $250 for some improvements did the domains page and lovecore designs decided to not to put any effort into the other pages so I decided to give him the silent treatment as I wanted to avoid confrontation.

I would not in a million years pay for that quality if anything I could consider myself lucky "I" lost only $250

Disappointing that a company would also go to WHT to complain about there customers... Poor business ethics wouldn't you think.

Sorry Darren I will not be responding anymore, So WHT keep your popcorn in the cupboard.

Josh, just to clear a few things up.

When I receive an order from a client, they always provide a full job spec before any work is started. However in this case, you were very much "undecided" about most things (I have the chat logs), and I said I would come up with a few ideas. It is not mine or my other designers' fault - we can only do the work based upon accurate job specs, and your lack of communication didn't help, which started even before any work had carried out.

I had proposed a new design, however as you did not wish to go down that route, we didn't have much to go on, as you did not want a total redesign - only supporting content. You had specifically asked me not to change many areas, leaving me with little to go on. Your spec was unclear and again this is not my fault.

In the past three weeks alone, we've designed 4 websites for people with a budget of $500, designed from scratch with full coding. We are certainly not expensive and all our clients are happy with the work done. You are the only client we have had that did not provide any real specifics, therefore made my task harder to do. A designer designs to the clients requirements, yet it was very unclear of what you wanted.

The issue here is down to yourself, you have not done yourself any favours. If you wanted changes done to the designs, you should of asked, but instead you choose to be rude and disappear. But anyway, discussion closed.

It's my cupboard and my popcorn!

Do share the popcorn! I forgot to go shopping this morning

Do share the popcorn! I forgot to go shopping this morning
    I'm sorry to hear about your issue with them. I looked up your portfolio and you really do great work, I agree with you completely, when the customer doesn't know what he wants it makes it hard for the designer.

Still though, it's just best to move on, there is not much you can do.

Relax, have some POPCORN!

Quote Originally Posted by Hostestate View Post
    Well actually in Honesty Lovecore Designs is really the worst designer I have met. I didn't ask for a copy and paste of the intial page that you made onto every other page otherwise the work would of been alot cheaper right?

Reality Is I paid $250 for some improvements did the domains page and lovecore designs decided to not to put any effort into the other pages so I decided to give him the silent treatment as I wanted to avoid confrontation.

I would not in a million years pay for that quality if anything I could consider myself lucky "I" lost only $250

Disappointing that a company would also go to WHT to complain about there customers... Poor business ethics wouldn't you think.

Sorry Darren I will not be responding anymore, So WHT keep your popcorn in the cupboard.

Well, Sometimes changes and correction may be even harder than to just create a new design. Most of the designers somehow responds late I guess thats because they are kinda busy with the designs and don't wanna get interrupted in the middle. Anyways as you already had paid the $250 you could just persuade and ask for all the changes you want.

Or maybe you just did not have rest of the money and you could tell him that, as he is a reasonable guy which I know because he also did some stuff for me and went out of his way to keep me satisfied with the work.

Anyways good luck with your design and all after all.

Regards
    FLIPPER HOST Budget VPS, Resellers & Shared Linux Hosting
    cPanel/WHM, Solus VM, RV Site Builder Pro, Fantastico & Softaculous
    24x7 Heroic Ticketing and Live Chat
    Flipper Host is an Invest Lion Company

Sorry to hear lovecore, no worries though. You got your deposit atleast and we've all seen his response to you and how he acts like a child would and just not speak when he was upset about something thats posted here on the internet for the world to see.

I'm sure some designers wouldn't of even of undertaken the project from the details he was giving you (or not given you shall I say) so you did him a huge favor by atleast attempting it and then to receive the feedback you got from him.

But he does run the website which in march still has a badly displayed seasonal greeting message about Christmas on his site.

sorry to hear your worst experience with Hostestage.Try another one wishing you best of luck

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. it's just best to move on
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

my video upload tu youtube

search u_wVfuAh_ik

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses, your portfolio does look great, and designing a website for someone is a two part deal, taking input and ideas from both sides. Best of luck to you and hope all turns out well.