My review of Everity.com

I have tried everything at my disposal to communicate with this host prior to submitting my less-than-stellar review of Everity - communication methods included email (returned as "not deliverable" or "Emails sent to this address are not received by a person"), ticket support system via Everity (initially slow response with the reason that "low priority tickets weren't showing in the queue", but over the past couple of weeks there has been NO response... even to "Emergency" tickets), phone numbers ("whois" number is disconnected and 24/7 support 800# doesn't go through/disconnected), and I even tried Private Messaging to some of the forums he belonged to (including PM's in WHT). I wanted to make sure I'd given him (James H.) the opportunity first to resolve the issues that have been noted in the last few months - unfortunately however, he has not responded to me, so I shall go ahead and post my review.

I had been with Everity for almost two years, and used to think this host walked on water. Started out wonderful, but over the last several months the service/uptime has been poor, access to site has been sporadic at best, IP's are blocked, logins don't always work (yes, even with the *right* password!!), and support via the support ticket system (only way you can contact them) is virtually non-existent. They had some really severe server issues a couple of different times last year and moved a lot of their customers off one server to another... since then, there have just been too many issues that have gone unresolved (or they are fixed temporarily - such as in the case of blocked IP's - only to resurface again and again).

The owner, James H., used to answer the support tickets within 24 hours; now, you're lucky if you get answered at all. This may not be a problem if you never need support, but when your sites go down, you can't access your cpanel, your email stops working, and/or you can't get into Everity's ticket system because THEY are down or their site has blocked your IP (etc., etc., etc.), then it becomes an emergency issue... to which there is no response - your tickets (IF you are able to submit one), go unanswered. I actually have several tickets open (two that were High-Priority/Emergency), that are still open and have not been responded to in over two weeks! No, this type of conduct by a host is most definitely NOT defined as "reliable".

There is also NO alternative method in which to contact this host that triggers a reply by him; so, other than their ticket system, in case of their website and/or ticket system being down (or malfunctioning, as it has many times), you are simply unable to contact them. And if, like me, you have customers relying on your service (I create websites and recommend hosting or offer sub-hosting), of course your reputation will look bad as well. It's a very helpless feeling when you can't do anything to get your customers sites back up, and Everity won't answer support tickets.

After this bad experience, I would strongly suggest others choose another host. Having an alternate method to contact your host in case of their site being down is critical... a phone number, an email address, or something other than a poorly set up ticket system (such as Everity has).

Because the issues I experienced were becoming so frequent with no response or resolution from Everity, I cancelled my service with them and moved all my domains and customer accounts elsewhere (I actually left this host with several months remaining on my pre-paid account). I believed that I needed to get out while my data was still retrievable. Although I asked for a refund on my accounts (plus I had an existing credit with them also), I have not yet been responded to, my tickets have not been addressed, nor have my accounts been closed (although I have since moved to a new host and removed my files off Everity's servers).

This is basically a one-man show, who (in my opinion) appears to be tiring of the hosting business and/or does not want to provide support for his customers. This is indicated by his not responding to the tickets in the support system... and because this is the only method his customers have been provided with, it MUST be addressed in a timely manner - it has not. A good host also provides an alternative method of contact; this host does not, even though it has been suggested many times. It is my recommendation that customers pass on this host, and look for another host that offers better support and uptime.

I would not recommend this host to others based on the poor performance over the last few months - it has been going downhill overall and getting worse... with no expectation of better performance or improvement in the future.

Well it definitely sounds to me like they were a start-up web hosting company that started off with great energy and then simply ran out of gas (it actually happens more often then you think). At least you did the smart thing, pulled your back-ups, loaded them with a new company and then posted your review.

Wishing you nothing but the best with your new host, which if you dont mind me asking, who are you now using?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Wishing you nothing but the best with your new host, which if you dont mind me asking, who are you now using?
    Thank you.

I moved several of my domains to HawkHost - so far, so good. They seem to have a good support staff (consisting of several people... *not* a one-man show), and they were very prompt in answering (and resolving!) support tickets (I had a couple of intial glitches that they ironed out right away).

Quote Originally Posted by tempurr View Post

I moved several of my domains to HawkHost - so far, so good. They seem to have a good support staff (consisting of several people... *not* a one-man show), and they were very prompt in answering (and resolving!) support tickets (I had a couple of intial glitches that they ironed out right away).
    Ah yes, from what I hear, their service is great, I think you are in good hands.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics

Sorry you had such a bad experience with your last host (I always dislike reading bad reviews).

You did good by taking your backups while you could, the situtation could have been alot worse. You should have no problems now that you're with HawkHost, they have a great rep here in WHT.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. In any case I hope you will be able to get good alternative in this so competitive web hosting market.

Update: Its been several weeks now since I've heard from James at Everity. He's still not addressed any of my tickets (they are all still open), nor has he responded to any of my IM's. I am so very glad I did not wait on him to resolve the recurring issues (I'd obviously still be waiting!), and very happy I decided to go ahead and move my domains to another host.

My new hosting provider, HawkHost, has gotten me up and running and I am very pleased with their service. Color me *happy*! :-)

Update: Its been several weeks now since I've heard from James at Everity. He's still not addressed any of my tickets (they are all still open), nor has he responded to any of my IM's. I am so very glad I did not wait on him to resolve the recurring issues (I'd obviously still be waiting!), and very happy I decided to go ahead and move my domains to another host.

My new hosting provider, HawkHost, has gotten me up and running and I am very pleased with their service. Color me *happy*! :-)
    Sorry to hear you still haven't gotten a response from your old host, but glad to hear things are working out well with your new host.

Sorry to hear your troubles mate. And as far as the reviews here are concerned you are now in safe hands Share your experience with HH after a couple of months.

Well, unfortunately we all have to learn from our positive and negative experiences. However, at least you learned what to not look for in a host, and have now found a reliable host it seems. Hope your experience continues to improve - that's for the informatitve review.

I believe I talked to you a bit yesterday . Regardless I'm glad you're happy with us thus far.. don't hesitate to contact us if you run into any issues or need help.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Let's Encrypt Sponsor.