Resseller account and VPS

Hello,

I have a resseller account (over 6 month) in EZPZ Hosting and i like it, but i want to expand my business and i want to rent a VPS.

I want to keep my reseller acoount and i want to register a VPS from HostDime. If i register in HostDime with my domain (mydomain.com) how can i use it? (becouse i registered a reseller account in EZPZ and i would like to keep it!) But here (EZPZ Hosting) i set my own name servers (ns1, ns2, ns3, ns4.mydomain.com) But in the VPS how can i do this? Can i set ns5, ns6.mydomain.com? I don't know how works it!

Or

Register another domain (eg.: websitewelcome.com) and i use it for nameservers with my reseller account and VPS? Can i do this?

Thank's your advice!

Kind Regards,
    gmosonyi

Are you trying to host the same web content on the VPS as the reseller account? I'm not sure I understand why you want to upgrade to a VPS and keep the reseller?

I guess maybe elaborate more on the purpose of having both and we can help from there.

So, i just want to expand my business and i would like to buy a VPS. (But i don't want to move my site and my customers sites from my reseller account to the new vps) But i don't know how can is set my own name servers. (In the reseller account i set it to ns1, ns2, ns2, ns4.mydomain.com) But in the VPS? Can i set the same domain? ns5, ns6.mydomain.com)

Another example:
    If i have 3 different VPS (1 in the UK, 1 in the USA and 1 in NL) how can i set in the 3 VPS the same name servers? ex.: UK VPS: ns1, ns2.mydomain.com
    USA VPS: ns3, ns4.mydomain.com
    NL VPS: ns5, ns6.mydomain.com

Thank's and Best Regards,
    gmosonyi
    Last edited by gmosonyi; 02-24-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Hello,

Absolutely. You will just need to add the appropriate DNS records to setup custom nameservers. You will also need to add the appropriate records to your domain name through your registrar, with the IPs of your VPS.
    PlusWebHost.com - 24/7 Phone Support
    Enkompass Windows Hosting - cPanel NginX Linux Hosting
    100Mbps Uplink - +1-888-679-1333
    www.PlusWebHost.com

Quote Originally Posted by gmosonyi View Post
    So, i just want to expand my business and i would like to buy a VPS. (But i don't want to move my site and my customers sites from my reseller account to the new vps) But i don't know how can is set my own name servers. (In the reseller account i set it to ns1, ns2, ns2, ns4.mydomain.com) But in the VPS? Can i set the same domain? ns5, ns6.mydomain.com)

Another example:
    If i have 3 different VPS (1 in the UK, 1 in the USA and 1 in NL) how can i set in the 3 VPS the same name servers? ex.: UK VPS: ns1, ns2.mydomain.com
    USA VPS: ns3, ns4.mydomain.com
    NL VPS: ns5, ns6.mydomain.com

Thank's and Best Regards,
    gmosonyi
    Hello gmosonyi,

What PlusWebHost said is exactly correct. All you need to is choose a new set of custom nameservers for your VPS with us, register them with your registrar to the IPs we will provide you upon sign up, and then you should be golden! If you have any further questions regarding regarding a potential VPS from HostDime, please feel free to contact us at our LiveChat which can be found at the top of our main website.

Have a great day!

Dennis