Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I bought a Cooler Master HAF 932 for that build. My new build is going in a Corsair Obsidian 800D case. My other case is an Antec 1200. They're all great cases, and all full towers. The Obsidian is probably my favorite...
    GorillaServers Inc | Direct Unmetered Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by MrBox View Post
    I bought a Cooler Master HAF 932 for that build. My new build is going in a Corsair Obsidian 800D case. My other case is an Antec 1200. They're all great cases, and all full towers. The Obsidian is probably my favorite...
    excellent, thanks again.

Make sure you don't skimp on PSUs!!!!! get Antec or a higher end brand. Do not get any cheap PSUs. Antec is good for cases as well. Lian Li are good cases as well.

As a rule of thumb I get more then the power I really need in a PSU for upgrades. I normally use 350-450 out of the 660 watts my PSU will draw. Having extra is essential.
    Something awesome
    coming soon....

I bought a motherboard with 3 PCIexpress slots and put 3 dual head cards to get 6 monitors. Now I can Play Starcraft, EVE and WOW at the same time... Oh, and get work done too, of course.
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

Quote Originally Posted by WII-Aaron View Post
    I bought a motherboard with 3 PCIexpress slots and put 3 dual head cards to get 6 monitors. Now I can Play Starcraft, EVE and WOW at the same time... Oh, and get work done too, of course.
    I'm sure you get plenty of work done

wow how do you have the attention span for that Aaron?!
    Something awesome
    coming soon....

Quote Originally Posted by ninkynonk View Post
    wow how do you have the attention span for that Aaron?!
    sounds like a lot of gaming and a little bit of work to me haha. Pretty cool 6 monitor setup i'm sure.

I couldn't help myself, I just picked up two HD 6950's. I'm unlocking them to full 6970's right now, and putting them in crossfire. I can't wait to benchmark these!

Wow, so these things unlocked perfectly to full HD 6970's. I overclocked them to 915Mhz and 1400Mhz shader. They run at almost half the temperature as my gtx 570's and they use way less power. They also perform amazingly well. i'm pretty impressed. Now all I need is 12 displays to take full advantage!

Wow, so these things unlocked perfectly to full HD 6970's. I overclocked them to 915Mhz and 1400Mhz shader. They run at almost half the temperature as my gtx 570's and they use way less power. They also perform amazingly well. i'm pretty impressed. Now all I need is 12 displays to take full advantage!
    Where did you get them from and what did it run you? How did you unlock them to full 6970's?

I picked them up from Fry's. Right now they will match any online store's "shipped" price, so I got them at newegg's price of about $290. There was another guy at the store who was picking them up too, and he was doing the same thing lol. I ended up talking to him for a few minutes and he made some suggestions on which brand to get.

I ended up with the Diamond Radeon HD 6950 2GB model. It has to be the 2GB model, and it has to be a reference design otherwise it won't unlock.

All you do to unlock them is download a bios flashing tool, reset the bios switch on the card to the "1" position, and flash it with a 6970 bios. The 6950 2GB is literally the same card inside, it just has the chip limited down via bios. It unlocked perfectly to full 6970 specs, and I benchmarked it. Everything was good so I did the other one and then put them in crossfire. The performance is crazy.

Here's a how to guide on flashing the cards: http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...ng/vidcard/159

I picked them up from Fry's. Right now they will match any online store's "shipped" price, so I got them at newegg's price of about $290. There was another guy at the store who was picking them up too, and he was doing the same thing lol. I ended up talking to him for a few minutes and he made some suggestions on which brand to get.

I ended up with the Diamond Radeon HD 6950 2GB model. It has to be the 2GB model, and it has to be a reference design otherwise it won't unlock.

All you do to unlock them is download a bios flashing tool, reset the bios switch on the card to the "1" position, and flash it with a 6970 bios. The 6950 2GB is literally the same card inside, it just has the chip limited down via bios. It unlocked perfectly to full 6970 specs, and I benchmarked it. Everything was good so I did the other one and then put them in crossfire. The performance is crazy.

Here's a how to guide on flashing the cards: http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...ng/vidcard/159
    Interesting....might be out of my league haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Interesting....might be out of my league haha.
    If you follow the article's instructions it is super easy. The card has a bios switch so in case you mess it up you just switch it back to the second bios position, or hit the reset switch on the card.

The whole flashing process is done in windows with a simple program called ATIWinFlash

If you follow the article's instructions it is super easy. The card has a bios switch so in case you mess it up you just switch it back to the second bios position, or hit the reset switch on the card.

The whole flashing process is done in windows with a simple program called ATIWinFlash
    Okay. Going to be a lot of firsts for me (building the computer myself, and then trying to unlock the to full 6970's. Should be exciting, and you may find your PM box full if I have questions lol

Okay. Going to be a lot of firsts for me (building the computer myself, and then trying to unlock the to full 6970's. Should be exciting, and you may find your PM box full if I have questions lol
    Hey no problem man. You can even call if you need help. I'm an enthusiast after work hours, late in the evening. I don't mind helping at all.

Hey no problem man. You can even call if you need help. I'm an enthusiast after work hours, late in the evening. I don't mind helping at all.
    Thanks - much appreciated. I'll let you know when I make all the purchases and everythign starts rolling in. Just have to wait for the home office furnish to be delivered and everything else put in place! Going to be exciting.

Thanks - much appreciated. I'll let you know when I make all the purchases and everythign starts rolling in. Just have to wait for the home office furnish to be delivered and everything else put in place! Going to be exciting.
    Sweet, I'm looking forward to it. Nothing more fun than building a new computer IMO at least.

I actually went down a what some would called wierd route.. I now run, instead of 3 monitors just one 42" monitor! Some say its overkill, I say its amazing!
    TheHostGuys.co.uk - We price match any UK Based Hosting Business!
    Company Number - 09177361
    VAT Reg No - 195 5495 57
    AS Number - AS201033 (We are a fully registered RIPE LIR)

haha, I think i'd prefer two monitors to 1 42"... sounds awesome though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12