Managed VPS Hosting

Can anyone recommend me to an awesome managed linux vps hosing co.

Need someone that has great support response time, and awesome server up time.
    Last edited by RFEHosting; 02-24-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Aaron Eaton
    RFE Hosting - reliable-friendly-experienced
    Shared Web Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers
    Web Hosting | Domain Registration | SSL Certificates | And More.

Have you done a search on this topic? It has been discussed quite a few times.

Take a look at KnownHost.

VPSLatch does a good job

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Hostdime is good as well.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

THank you for your suggestions, and i will take a look around some more. thanks
    Aaron Eaton

No problem.. Good luck with your search.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

Which are your needs besides of that? I mean, OS? Xen/OpenVZ/Virtuozzo/etc? Space/bandwidth? budget?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by RFEHosting View Post
    Can anyone recommend me to an awesome managed linux vps hosing co.

Need someone that has great support response time, and awesome server up time.
    As Wicked Factor said......KnownHost! You just described them to a tee!

About awesome server uptime? THIS any good?

Another vote for HostDime VPS.

I'll chime in with my provider, MDDHosting. Haven't had any downtime in the 2 months I've been there, and the support is great.

+1 for MDDHosting

I've had a good experience with Liquidweb myself. Unfortunately I don't have experience with other VPS providers to be able to compare and say how good they are, but I found them to be responsive, helpful, and the VPS has been up and running smoothly. A couple of times they rebooted Apache becuse it ate up the memory rendering the VPS unresponsive. I take that as a sign that so they are keeping watch on it.

Go with KnownHost. You'll be glad you did.

Thumbs up vps host

I have used both Frantech and VPSLatch..both were outstanding in their support and in my opinion, the best buy in a VPS.
    evflyers.com

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    VPSLatch does a good job

Francisco

You have an account/vps with them?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

KnownHost should be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    You have an account/vps with them?
    Not directly but i've transferred some clients to them and helped get the clients all settled in.

During that time I had to log some support tickets and talked with Adam a little bit.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    Not directly but i've transferred some clients to them and helped get the clients all settled in.

During that time I had to log some support tickets and talked with Adam a little bit.

Francisco

Ok, thank you for the information.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I want to draw your attention to VPS deals which happy-hosting has provided. They are cheap and there is no downtime on their servers. I've used them personally (shared account) and like them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by armennemwio View Post
    I want to draw your attention to VPS deals which happy-hosting has provided. They are cheap and there is no downtime on their servers. I've used them personally (shared account) and like them very much.
    So you have not used a managed VPS with happy-hosting? You only have a shared account with them? Also how long have you had your account with them?

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    As Wicked Factor said......KnownHost! You just described them to a tee!

About awesome server uptime? THIS any good?
    Word.

Knownhost is good for what they do. Unless you messed up... the servers are rock solid. Lets just say I'm glad I'm with knownHost. Their tech support are just first class.

Keep these in mind.

I'd recommend Future Hosting, been with them for some months now, uptime and server reliability are excellent. Though I only submit a few to 0 tickets these days, but when I do, I get good and swift response from technical.

You should consider them too

I'm wondering what the response is to:

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Which are your needs besides of that? I mean, OS? Xen/OpenVZ/Virtuozzo/etc? Space/bandwidth? budget?
    That information and what you expect from a managed service might be useful for anyone trying to help by making recommendations
    Toby H
    Infrastructure Consultant
    SolutionFire.co.uk
    cPanel | VMware | XenServer | cPanel | 3PAR | R1soft

I would like to recommend The Prime Host, VPSLatch or Club Uptime.

I suggest you to chose servint or fururehosting . I would stay away from VPSLatch

The last two posters - one question for you, why?

It's all well and good to recommend something, but providing reasons for your recommendations is what makes them valuable.
    Toby H
    Infrastructure Consultant
    SolutionFire.co.uk
    cPanel | VMware | XenServer | cPanel | 3PAR | R1soft

Quote Originally Posted by Toby H View Post
    It's all well and good to recommend something, but providing reasons for your recommendations is what makes them valuable.
    You are right !

The OP asked about a host with Good support and server uptime.So ...

Futurehosting

I thought Futurehosting is best suitable to him. I have a personal experience with them

Servint

Also suggested Servint because when ever we open a ticket on behalf of my clients , they respond and serves best

I have a reason suggesting to stay away from VPSLatch ...they have an Un- professional support team which I never experienced with any other company in my life
    Last edited by youser; 03-01-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by youser View Post
    I have a reason suggesting to stay away from VPSLatch ...they have an Un- professional support team which I never experienced with any other company in my life
    What was your past customer ID or ticket ID? You trash our company in every thread possible but don't provide any sort of proof to show that you were a customer in the past... I've sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby H View Post
    The last two posters - one question for you, why?

You are so very right!!

I have had a good experience with the three hosts that I recommended.

VPSLatch - Excellent customer service and fast response. The only downside I had is the server being slow in the beginning. However, I submitted a ticket and the guys took care of it.

The Prime Host - The server speed has been great and the customer service fast and efficient. I had one memory issue where my VPS was down for a couple of hours but when I made them aware of it, they fixed the issue and got it back up in no time. I have been with them for a month and have been very happy. Darrell and the gang do a great job of providing excellent customer service!

Club Uptime - I just recently signed up with them so I don't have a lot of experience with them yet. However, this is what I know:

1) I put my order in on a Sunday and my VPS was setup within a couple of hours.

2) Every support ticket I have submitted was met with a lightening fast, professional and above all *HELPFUL* response (Thank you Andrew! Matt needs to give you a raise!) I also like that Club Uptime doesn't just *fix* things for me. They explain it so that I can fix it myself if I want to. And I want to. Even though I appreciate the managed part of my server, essentially, I want to learn how to manage it myself. If that makes sense.

3) The VPS seems rock solid at this point though I think it is a bit too early to tell really. I'll give a solid review of this host once I have been with them for 3 months.

So... those are my reasons.

I also want to add that as a customer -- I usually stick with the companies that provide excellent customer service. I want to know that I am more than just a customer number and that the company thrives on building lasting company - client relationships.

ETA: This isn't really a formal review so i'm not sure if I need to submit my IP addresses with The Prime Host and Club Uptime. Moderators please let me know and i'll be more than glad to submit that information.
    Last edited by kjetterman; 03-01-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    ~*Kellie*~
    Freelance Web Designer
    Kozbe Designs (coming soon)

Thank you for all your suggestions, i went with knownhost, and so far they are awesome.
    Aaron Eaton

These are all good suggestions. I am currently looking for a VPS host as well so this will be helpful. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kjetterman View Post
    You are so very right!!

I have had a good experience with the three hosts that I recommended.

VPSLatch - Excellent customer service and fast response. The only downside I had is the server being slow in the beginning. However, I submitted a ticket and the guys took care of it.

The Prime Host - The server speed has been great and the customer service fast and efficient. I had one memory issue where my VPS was down for a couple of hours but when I made them aware of it, they fixed the issue and got it back up in no time. I have been with them for a month and have been very happy. Darrell and the gang do a great job of providing excellent customer service!

Club Uptime - I just recently signed up with them so I don't have a lot of experience with them yet. However, this is what I know:

1) I put my order in on a Sunday and my VPS was setup within a couple of hours.

2) Every support ticket I have submitted was met with a lightening fast, professional and above all *HELPFUL* response (Thank you Andrew! Matt needs to give you a raise!) I also like that Club Uptime doesn't just *fix* things for me. They explain it so that I can fix it myself if I want to. And I want to. Even though I appreciate the managed part of my server, essentially, I want to learn how to manage it myself. If that makes sense.

3) The VPS seems rock solid at this point though I think it is a bit too early to tell really. I'll give a solid review of this host once I have been with them for 3 months.

So... those are my reasons.

I also want to add that as a customer -- I usually stick with the companies that provide excellent customer service. I want to know that I am more than just a customer number and that the company thrives on building lasting company - client relationships.

ETA: This isn't really a formal review so i'm not sure if I need to submit my IP addresses with The Prime Host and Club Uptime. Moderators please let me know and i'll be more than glad to submit that information.
    I'm glad to hear you're happy with everything so far, long may it continue.