More than 1 month for a migration. How do you think about it?

Hello! It took more than 1 month for the so called MIGRATION from the temporary server to the new one. How do you think about it? Is it very slow?

Here is the mail I got from the Server Administrator

Hello,The migration of XX.XX.XXX.XXX server is now completed. You can still backup your data from the old server if you want to have a personnel backup copy.Cpanel login: http://XX.XX.XXX.XXX/cpanel New server IP: YY.YYY.YY.YY Thank you for your patience and understanding.XX.XX.XXX.XXX server is scheduled for shutdown after 24 hours. Regards!Server Administrator
    Well, your honest opinions, please.

Pretty bad especially since cPanel got migration tool for this. Is that an provider or freelance admin? Maybe your ticket got lost and thats why you got an delayed. Account which is under 1GB Size should be migrated very easy within few hours, anyways less then a single day.

Completely understood. Thank you for your honest and proffesional answer!

What company are you using that took one month to do a migration? :|
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Absolutely unacceptable and poorly performed if it took 1 month. This type of request should be done MAX 2-3 days IMO

Well, it is 1dollar-webhosting.com. I hope after this long migration our website (a forum) will work well. During the last month we had some problems and now I hope that, at last, it will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Seo-luntan View Post
    Well, it is 1dollar-webhosting.com. I hope after this long migration our website (a forum) will work well. During the last month we had some problems and now I hope that, at last, it will be alright.
    Well, not for nothing, but you get what you pay for sometimes.

This can be done within 20 minutes. 30 days is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by arthur8 View Post
    This can be done within 20 minutes. 30 days is ridiculous.
    If you're paying $1 for a host you shouldn't expect to get ultimate service. But I totally agree it's easy to migrate. But you don't go to the dollar store and expect someone to wait on you hand and foot as if you were at brooks brothers. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    If you're paying $1 for a host you shouldn't expect to get ultimate service. But I totally agree it's easy to migrate. But you don't go to the dollar store and expect someone to wait on you hand and foot as if you were at brooks brothers. IMO.
    I agree. Over a month to do a simple cPanel migration is ridiculous, but if you want good support you'll probably want to look at something that's a bit higher in price ($5-10/mo vs $1/mo).

Where in the original post does it state cPanel or that its a small account or that it was a basic migration or any information at all?
    There can be migrations that take several weeks to complete all the data transfer, re-configurations, TESTING, final updates, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CGotzmann View Post
    Where in the original post does it state cPanel or that its a small account or that it was a basic migration or any information at all?
    There can be migrations that take several weeks to complete all the data transfer, re-configurations, TESTING, final updates, etc.
    It's within the quoted text from the support rep:

Hello,The migration of XX.XX.XXX.XXX server is now completed. You can still backup your data from the old server if you want to have a personnel backup copy.Cpanel login: http://XX.XX.XXX.XXX/cpanel New server IP: YY.YYY.YY.YY Thank you for your patience and understanding.XX.XX.XXX.XXX server is scheduled for shutdown after 24 hours. Regards!Server Administrator

It's true that migrations can take several weeks if there are HUGE amounts of data, and complicated applications that require manual configuration and setup. It depends on what kind of service you are paying for as well. I wouldn't expect much from a cheapo host...
    GorillaServers Inc | Direct Unmetered Dedicated Servers

Maybe the website would be more clear if they put something like this: "Our web hosting costs $1 / mo, therefore you can expect $1 worth of support".

Although your experience certainly does sound substandard, it also sounds like you got about $1 worth of support.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

Thank you again for the opinions. I will make it clearer about the datas - it is just a SMF forum with some mods installed (for example a mod that enables headers&footers or a bot that makes a code for linking youtube clips, a mod for blue smiles, etc.) and few .gif attachments from an user. I think that's all that had been migrated at last.

About the payment (1 American dollar) - in fact it is their SILVER PLAN. They also provide some else like :

-$ 0.5 dollar month Web Hosting PERSONAL PLAN
    -$ 0.75 dollar month Web Hosting ECONOMY PLAN

So, you can see that I am not a stingy woman, because I ordered one of their more expensive plans Hehe. Nice to talk with you. Now I feel supported and more happy!

Well, honestly for $1 it is hard to complain. I know you paid for the service, but what can you expect out of a single dollar hosting plan? If you have mission critical data you should really go with a higher budget so you can get managed support.
    GorillaServers Inc | Direct Unmetered Dedicated Servers

Well... 1dollar-webhosting.com i did trusted you but after so many tickets i never got a reply..
    ok i will star from here with honesty what i got from you..
    i buy a 0.75$ package from you website and it was fine one few days and got two support tickets reply..
    i was on holidays and i was thinking my website mus be fine as you said 99%uptime..
    its only 60 ot 70 Mb of website without any PHP script,i was shocked when my clients calling me on my mobile to say where is your website when every they go they got DNS error or misconfiguration server contact to admin etc.....
    i send you a ticket NO REPLY for TWO WEEKS (i think its enough for me to understand)i updated my website just to see if there is problem with my simple html pages...
    Second Shocked..i updated my complete website with new updated but found online website is not updating.. i deleted wth whole site and still i was getting my website online.i did send you another ticket bt NO REPLY..
    i had doubt that from where my website is online. so i found another IP Address for my website was hosting .NO INFORMATION FROM YOU. NO RESPONCE FROM YOU NO CARE OF ANY SUPPORT TICKETS EVEN FOR A REAL REASON...
    i was able to find the hosting CP from where my website was online and i Tried to LOGIN on that hosting with same password you provided me when i purchased. ok Thats FINE may be you forgot to inform me or ALL YOU CLIENTS.so my DATA was hosting on TWO control panels.even after that same problem website was not online for many days and sometimes when i was able to login in NEW CONTROL PANEL always server down..lost so many Clients i was force to deal with them on my phone only..
    After two days when i tried to login in NEW CONTROL PANEL my password was changed .i login to you website account and seen password is changed,i changed it again and was able to login.THATS ALL WAS LIKE A PLAYING GAME HIDE N SEEK..i have to find everything and you dont have time to reply the tickets and no Advance or after finish work information to a Client...
    one month more i notice my website always DOWN for every Hour and my Clients when they got HARDLY first page Next Page Always Server Error and not only clients myself also i got this problem..
    Yesterday i Lot Two Clients of costing me 400$ for a campaign and they though i got their email from a Simple contact form on my website but I never got their email so they told me YA I THINK WE GOT AN ERROR SO MANY TIMES SO BUT ONCE THEY WERE SUCCESS FOR SUBMITTING CAMPAIGN INFO.
    HUH.. U know they abuse me and my company if im not able to deal online so i should come n meet them in office to take Campaign information..
    I Had another hosting its FREE from joomjump.com and its 89% people who was able to get my website online and able to contact me..
    my Question :
    Do you really got submitted tickets ?or you ignore coz we paid a cheaper Price?
    If you are Shifting server its not your responsibility to send a small email about new Cpanel?
    if website is down for days Do you have Option to restart your sever or you just let it go ???
    My advice is dont think that if people are paying cheaper price so you are allowed to ignore them.every one is working but with balance responsibilities.
    According to me you support is failed and server failed,
    and i know if i ask for refund what i will get? im sure no REPLY...
    You know better what you doing its just my experiance with you 9$ for a year its nothing for me but i became scammed by you its something for me.
    Thank you very much for everything i have deleted all my data from your TWO CONTROL PANELS.. and with joomjumo even they care for free n paid services they are so professional..
    My Advice take care in future, its all about business not personal..
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by alexa2012 View Post
    i buy a 0.75$ package from you...after so many tickets i never got a reply
    You're surprised? Even if you assumed that it cost $0.00 to provide the service, that's zero for servers, bandwidth, advertising, etc, you still need people, because only people can reply to your tickets. I don't know what your time is worth, but I would be extremely surprised to get anyone contact me for any reason if I only were paying them 75 cents. Now you also have to consider that at $0.75 for hosting, most of that is eaten up by the actual costs of providing the service, leaving what, 10, 20 cents a month for support staff? With that kind of pricing, at best you can expect 1 minute a month of a staff member's time, which is just enough time to read your ticket, decide that they're not going to help you, and close the ticket. Sounds like you're getting exactly what you've paid for.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

Ya i agree with you.. but if they cant provide a service at this cost why they give guarantee of 99% uptime and best service caring,, they should tell us what we will get.. but Experience Dude,,,anyway they will never refund i know n i dont care.if i know before i must join here and ask people first.
    so they take advantage of lake of knowledge of anyone..its scam

Yesterday i Lot Two Clients of costing me 400$ for a campaign
    If you got clients worth this much why are you using 75 cents worth of hosting?

i just started my business online..before i was dealing with them in office,one of my friend suggest me he created a forum there on same month and it looks good in price and service.. but we both decide a wrong service.
    actually its my first online website.

Sound like the admin is taking some time off from work.
    OneNetwork.Net >> Web Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers
    ██ Raid Options on All Servers
    ███ 14 Day Money Back Guarantee
    ████ http://www.OneNetwork.net

Almost the same here. We had a problem with the database and at first they answered fast(sometimes they really answer), but after that no more answers, so, "thanks god" I found a friend who succeed to repair the problem.
    My personal conclusion is that they're a little better than before (they also made some updates), but still not what we need - it's simple: we need our forum to work.

What is your domain name or ticket number?

Thank you.
    1dollar-webhosting.com staff member

Well... 1dollar-webhosting.com i did trusted you but after so many tickets i never got a reply..
    ok i will star from here with honesty what i got from you..
    i buy a 0.75$ package from you website and it was fine one few days and got two support tickets reply..
    i was on holidays and i was thinking my website mus be fine as you said 99%uptime..
    its only 60 ot 70 Mb of website without any PHP script,i was shocked when my clients calling me on my mobile to say where is your website when every they go they got DNS error or misconfiguration server contact to admin etc.....
    i send you a ticket NO REPLY for TWO WEEKS (i think its enough for me to understand)i updated my website just to see if there is problem with my simple html pages...
    Second Shocked..i updated my complete website with new updated but found online website is not updating.. i deleted wth whole site and still i was getting my website online.i did send you another ticket bt NO REPLY..
    i had doubt that from where my website is online. so i found another IP Address for my website was hosting .NO INFORMATION FROM YOU. NO RESPONCE FROM YOU NO CARE OF ANY SUPPORT TICKETS EVEN FOR A REAL REASON...
    i was able to find the hosting CP from where my website was online and i Tried to LOGIN on that hosting with same password you provided me when i purchased. ok Thats FINE may be you forgot to inform me or ALL YOU CLIENTS.so my DATA was hosting on TWO control panels.even after that same problem website was not online for many days and sometimes when i was able to login in NEW CONTROL PANEL always server down..lost so many Clients i was force to deal with them on my phone only..
    After two days when i tried to login in NEW CONTROL PANEL my password was changed .i login to you website account and seen password is changed,i changed it again and was able to login.THATS ALL WAS LIKE A PLAYING GAME HIDE N SEEK..i have to find everything and you dont have time to reply the tickets and no Advance or after finish work information to a Client...
    one month more i notice my website always DOWN for every Hour and my Clients when they got HARDLY first page Next Page Always Server Error and not only clients myself also i got this problem..
    Yesterday i Lot Two Clients of costing me 400$ for a campaign and they though i got their email from a Simple contact form on my website but I never got their email so they told me YA I THINK WE GOT AN ERROR SO MANY TIMES SO BUT ONCE THEY WERE SUCCESS FOR SUBMITTING CAMPAIGN INFO.
    HUH.. U know they abuse me and my company if im not able to deal online so i should come n meet them in office to take Campaign information..
    I Had another hosting its FREE from joomjump.com and its 89% people who was able to get my website online and able to contact me..
    my Question :
    Do you really got submitted tickets ?or you ignore coz we paid a cheaper Price?
    If you are Shifting server its not your responsibility to send a small email about new Cpanel?
    if website is down for days Do you have Option to restart your sever or you just let it go ???
    My advice is dont think that if people are paying cheaper price so you are allowed to ignore them.every one is working but with balance responsibilities.
    According to me you support is failed and server failed,
    and i know if i ask for refund what i will get? im sure no REPLY...
    You know better what you doing its just my experiance with you 9$ for a year its nothing for me but i became scammed by you its something for me.
    Thank you very much for everything i have deleted all my data from your TWO CONTROL PANELS.. and with joomjumo even they care for free n paid services they are so professional..
    My Advice take care in future, its all about business not personal..
    Thank You