How do I set up hosting through Google's Domain service?

I just created a Google Apps account and spent $10 on a domain name on Google's domain service for a website that I am working on. It is really confusing... All I want to do is get the website up (I have it in exported .bbtheme format) and have it hosted for around $5 a month. How do I get Google host or GoDaddy to host my site? Then, where do I put the "website?" I am really not the technical and need help in doing this. If you have links to tutorials or information yourself, please reply!

Thanks

If you have domain name and own it you can host web site wherever you want.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

Where do you suggest I get hosting?

What sort of budget do you have? Any specific requirements? This sort of information will help us to point you in the right direction
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by Evanology View Post
    I just created a Google Apps account and spent $10 on a domain name on Google's domain service for a website that I am working on. It is really confusing... All I want to do is get the website up (I have it in exported .bbtheme format) and have it hosted for around $5 a month. How do I get Google host or GoDaddy to host my site? Then, where do I put the "website?" I am really not the technical and need help in doing this. If you have links to tutorials or information yourself, please reply!
    Your domain registration is separate from your hosting account. Now that you have a domain name registered, you can choose any web host you like. I don't believe that Google sells web hosting space. GoDaddy does, but generally gets mediocre to bad reviews here on WHT.

There are thousands of web hosts, so choosing one can be the hardest part of the process. You can read the reviews here, and the responses where people recommend their host.

Some of the smaller hosts will help you set up your site and do a lot of "hand holding", and a lot of us offer free trial periods where you can upload your site and try them out at no risk. The larger hosts may offer more disk space and bandwidth, even "unlimited", but cannot take the time to provide a higher level of service for all their customers.

By the way, you mention your site is in .bbtheme format; is that the "look and feel" or style of your site? I'm not familiar with that as a file extension, but did a quick Google search and found themes for phpBB forums that use that theme.

Sh*t. I just typed up a 4 whole paragraphs and accidentally pressed alt with another key that logged me out. ARGHHGHGH.

Okay, here is what I HAD written in short:

1. Is there a way to get hosting from Google's Blogger since they have a CSS spot inside to customize anything? I've been able to take out the blogger heading and other things which shouldn't be allowed to be taken out.

2. I am really confused on getting hosting from GoDaddy. My brother is hosting his own site through GoDaddy and he bought his domain through GoDaddy. The difference is that I bought mine through Google and the interface looks way different with 4x the navigation on GoDaddy's Advanced DNS Settings. It's all confusing.

3. Is HostMonster a good host? The amount per month maximum is $5.

Sh*t. I just typed up a 4 whole paragraphs and accidentally pressed alt with another key that logged me out. ARGHHGHGH.

Okay, here is what I HAD written in short:

1. Is there a way to get hosting from Google's Blogger since they have a CSS spot inside to customize anything? I've been able to take out the blogger heading and other things which shouldn't be allowed to be taken out.

2. I am really confused on getting hosting from GoDaddy. My brother is hosting his own site through GoDaddy and he bought his domain through GoDaddy. The difference is that I bought mine through Google and the interface looks way different with 4x the navigation on GoDaddy's Advanced DNS Settings. It's all confusing.

1) You can setup a domain forward. I haven't personally tried out Google's domain service, but try to find an option for domain forwarding. You could set it up it so that when people type in yourdomain.com, it will forward them to your blogger page. There is a way to mask it so people will never see your blogger URL.

2) You will want to find the Godaddy hosting page; after signing up for hosting, Godaddy should send you nameservers, which you can manage in Google's domain service. Set your current domain nameservers to the ones provided by Godaddy (ns1.godaddy.com, ns2.godaddy.com, similar to that).

3) No comment, I've never worked with them before.
    PlusWebHost.com - 24/7 Phone Support
    Enkompass Windows Hosting - cPanel NginX Linux Hosting
    100Mbps Uplink - +1-888-679-1333
    www.PlusWebHost.com

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    By the way, you mention your site is in .bbtheme format; is that the "look and feel" or style of your site? I'm not familiar with that as a file extension, but did a quick Google search and found themes for phpBB forums that use that theme.
    The .bbtheme format is the exported style with banners, images, and navigation for punbb forums.

It's better than Godaddy, that much I can tell you. Godaddy was never very fast though it was decent in the beginning (I started with them some 19 months ago), but lately it has gotten slow as molasses. It's almost as if they don't keep watch and just add more accounts to the cluster.

I have used GoDaddy for domain name registration before, and I found their control panel to be confusing. GoDaddy really pushes their site builder application ("build your site tonight" link under "Webhosting"), but I think its optional once you sign up. I think the companies people here recommend would be a better choice.

You can use your domain name with Blogger by Google; see this tutorial. It shows you how to change your nameservers at Google domains to point to your Blogger account.

I can't give you specific recommendations unless I've used the host, and hosts are prohibited from promoting themselves in all but the advertising forums here. But I would recommend looking for a host that is recommended by someone here, or starting a dialog with a host you're interested in to see if they can walk you through the process (or even do it for you).

The .bbtheme format is the exported style with banners, images, and navigation for punbb forums.
    OK, so does it work like a portal application then for the forums, to enable a home page, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    OK, so does it work like a portal application then for the forums, to enable a home page, etc?
    Almost. You just import the file into punbb and it shows up. Not really sure how else to explain it. I'm going to try GoDaddy and see how it goes (pun).

Almost. You just import the file into punbb and it shows up. Not really sure how else to explain it. I'm going to try GoDaddy and see how it goes (pun).
    Let us know how it turns out! And good luck with your site!