DotNetPanel/Website Panel for Dedicated Server

Hi there,

I am currently hosting a couple of my websites on a Windows shared hosting running on DotNetPanel. My sites are growing and I need to plan about moving them onto more powerful servers.

I am planning to get a dedicated Windows server but I have no experience in managing one. Should I go for a managed dedicated server or should I get an unmanaged dedicated server with DotNetPanel? I am assuming managing an unmanaged dedicated server with DotNetPanel is as easy as managing my shared hosting now?

Thank for the replies.

Actually, you can look for a hybrid. One that is managed as far as updates, basic security, antivirus, backup, etc, but also have WSP installed so you can use that to add your own sites, FTP users, etc.

But what about installation and setting up of software/application?

I need to run MySQL, will this hybrid hosting cover software installation?

Well, this depends on the web host that you select. Most hosts would be comfortable with performing standard installations (MS SQL / mySQL / etc.) at small fees or can get it bundled in initial software installation as well.
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

You can think of buying a un managed or semi managed server from a decent webhost. Then you can go for buying support from a server support company, so that they will able to meet your support requirements.

I think if you are happy with the company you are currently with you need to stay with it and upgrade within the same company.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by WebhostGIANT-Rob View Post
    I think if you are happy with the company you are currently with you need to stay with it and upgrade within the same company.
    Thanks but they don't provide managed support.

Guys, does fully managed support mean software installation, server management, ftp, emails, basically EVERYTHING is covered?

unfortunately it's going to depend on the host, but generally it means they do everything for you. Could also be a hybrid of hands on management and a control panel. Might only be management of updates, OS, installing web server/database server. not actually adding sites or databases for you.