What are some good VPS hosting companies?

I am currently on a shared hosting plan and was wondering what were some good (fairly cheap) VPS hosting companies?

depends what are your characteristics of good company.
    i would tell mine.
    I prefer small vps company that could give me fastest possible costumer support whenever i need it. And never underestimate me as a costumer and pay not so little (to make them overselling) but not so expensive (like the price of some dedi box) .
    According to this list there are few companies that i would choose to work with.
    but it is only me.

IntoVPS is one of them.

Can you please let us know what is your definition of cheap?
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

What is your budget? What kind of websites do you currently have on your shared hosting account (wordpress, html static, etc)?

Welcome to the forums!

We would need to know more information before we can list any providers.

What is your budget?
    Space requirements?
    Bandwidth Requirements?
    Managed or Unmanaged?
    Control Panel?

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

i have one with buyvm from frantech ,
    their staff is always with us if we have any problem.
    what i love from them is they thread us as their friend
    please cmiiw always

Linode, A Small Orange, WHB - just a few excellent providers.

It is a vBulletin-based site. I was hoping to find a plan for no more than $30/month.

Thank you. I will definitely look into them. Should I expect to see a large performance increase moving over to a VPS from a shared plan? Or, do the benefits begin to surface when having the freedom to install any software I'd like on it? Or, both?

Quote Originally Posted by SeekIt View Post
    Thank you. I will definitely look into them. Should I expect to see a large performance increase moving over to a VPS from a shared plan? Or, do the benefits begin to surface when having the freedom to install any software I'd like on it? Or, both?
    Usually the speed will increase, but it always depends as there are many many factors to it.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

It is a vBulletin-based site. I was hoping to find a plan for no more than $30/month.
    You're going to need a lot of RAM and if you allow attachments, disk space. $30 may cut it for the short term, but figure out an advertising campaign with Google AdSense or affiliate programs to help fund a low end dedicated server.

I say both.

fsckvps

fsckvps.com is affordable and has good reviews.

Thank you all for your kind feedback. I will look into each and every service you guys have informed me about. If you all could, please show your support by taking the time to join our community. Just add a .com to the end of my username, and that is the url.

I recommend VPS Latch or The Prime Host. Both sell fully managed VPS plans at pretty good prices. The customer service each company provides has been pretty stellar in my experience.
    ~*Kellie*~
    Freelance Web Designer
    Kozbe Designs (coming soon)

I have a VPS running several forums (mine and my customers) including a moderately busy IPB (similar to vBulletin in terms of resource usage), a good sized SMF forum and several Wordpress sites. When I moved to a VPS we all noted a marked performance increase.

My IPB has had up to 300 concurrent users on line at a time, bur normally has 20 - 40 users at any one time. 1300 members, 63,000 posts, over 7,000 attachments. This is just one of the sites on my VPS. It all runs like a Swiss watch.

It is a 1GB VPS from MDDHosting; the normal price is above your price point unless you find a coupon in the offers section here. If your site is a smaller forum, you might be able to get one of MDDHosting's semi-dedicated plans (they limit the number of accounts on the server, but you pay a bit more ... still under your budget).

i recommend http;//futurehosting.com

Under $30 per month - Hostgator, above $30 per month - Lunarpages, InmotionHosting.