Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

InfiniteTech.eu and FutureHosting Review

Hello,

After my latest review of wiredtree and knownhost, I wanted to review InfiniteTech.eu and FutureHosting, two of my other VPS providers.

InfiniteTech.eu
    I've recently started using their services, so this will be a setup review. I'll follow up after a few months too.

Presales:
    I was looking for an Amsterdam VPS, and I either tried, or researched a few well known companies before deciding to use this VPS as my production server. I had sent a few presales questions, these were including "can you tracert this IP x.y.z.w from within your network and send me the results" type of questions, and about their raid setup and CPU allocation. All questions were answered promptly, with great detail, leaving no question left behind.

Setup:
    VPS activation was really fast, automated. cPanel installation took another hour. Actually their VPS image had cPanel included, but of course it needed update and setup. I started the update process, and Infinitetech sent me an email saying that they'll handle it. Seeing that I already completed initial WHM setup, they again sent me an email asking if I needed help in anything. This was a great customer service for the setup process.

Network:
    Although I can't comment on the uptime yet, their network location is the best I found in Amsterdam. Most other VPS companies I tested take 12-14 hops on a traceroute to my home, while this VPS takes just 6. Ping times are low as well. So far I'm pretty happy with what I found.

Performance:
    The server is virtualized with XenSource, so resources are dedicated, or at least more isolated than my other OpenVZ or Virtuozzo VPSs. Anyway, my applications use little CPU, but benefit from multithreading. My VPS package had 2 cores allowed, so I sent an email asking whether it would be possible to increase this to 4 cores. Their friendly sales manager Alexander was kind enough to increase my CPU cores to an even larger amount for a very affordable rate I offered to pay for 4 cores. This was a totally unexpected surprise, resulting in a really great first-few-days impression.

Support:
    Infinitetech is a managed provider, they asked me several times over the few days whether I needed any help. I don't need help with my server software, but they are so friendly that I may actually open a ticket and get into a random conversation someday.

Price:
    Their prices are really affordable, considering their level of personal service, network location, and help. Also, they own their own equipment and IP range, so I'm paying everything for the service itself, not for the reseller profit margins that would increase the prices.

Overall, InfiniteTech impressed me as much as any VPS company can possibly impress a new customer. Definitely recommended if you need an Amsterdam VPS.

FutureHosting

FutureHosting is a company with a solid reputation and history on WHT, so I signed up with them almost a year ago. I've been using their VPSs actively for at least half a year now.

I honestly don't remember the setup or presales details. I'm sure I didn't have any problems in these areas.

Performance:
    Their server performance has been great. My benchmark tests proved that their servers are non-overloaded, and performing well under multihreading conditions. A recent hiccup was about disk speed, where I was getting very bad results with "dd" tests, and most write-oriented processes were halting. I opened a ticket in the middle of their night (my daytime), and asked about the problem. They logged in to my VPS and made some tests. After a few replies in the ticket, we decided to wait until morning when a senior server admin can troubleshoot the issue on the node level. In the morning, my VPS disk speed were back to the good level they used to be at, and everything was running smoothly again. Apparently it was just a configuration problem on resource allocations, because the fix was really fast. In short, they were quick and friendly when troubleshooting the problem.

Network:
    Their network went down when Rapidswitch messed up their routers and the entire datacenter got disconnected several months ago. FutureHosting said they were going to send their own routers to rely on their own equipment primarily, instead of Rapidswitch's equipment. Since then, the network has been solid. I have no concerns using this VPS for production, it's pretty reliable. I have never seen a power outage either.

Price:
    I'm paying FutureHosting less than what I pay to WiredTree and Knownhost, and the server benchmark results and the network quality is absolutely on par. Management and support has been adequate so far, but since I don't really need any management at all, I can't provide specific examples where I needed help. My biggest issue was with the sudden disk speed problem, and it was fixed. I'm sure if I needed more help, they would help me. So it's almost the price of an unmanaged provider, with a management team ready to help.

---

This finalizes my "review your VPS providers" duo, and I hope to get back with more reviews about my dedicated server providers in the future (Hint: give ioflood.com a try, Gabe is really a great guy and very helpful with dedicated servers, his server prices are also very affordable.)

Thanks for reading!
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

Please report your IPs so we can verify your review.

Oops, wrong thread

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.

Nice review! Very much enjoyed reading it, like your other review.

Nice one Harzem.....I'd agree with your FH review! And as you say, the only blemishes were down to Rapidswitch. I know it was something that Vik was pretty unhappy about, and he took action to prevent a reoccurence.
    As for support I use them a lot (because I'm so clueless server-side) and they've never let me down whatever the time of day or night.

As for InfiniteTech.....they may be one for me to watch out for in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Nice one Harzem.....I'd agree with your FH review! And as you say, the only blemishes were down to Rapidswitch. I know it was something that Vik was pretty unhappy about, and he took action to prevent a reoccurence.
    As for support I use them a lot (because I'm so clueless server-side) and they've never let me down whatever the time of day or night.

As for InfiniteTech.....they may be one for me to watch out for in the future.
    I don't think, I submit to their tickets than 24 hours didn't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by wxinc View Post
    I don't think, I submit to their tickets than 24 hours didn't respond.
    We have been busy with other issues at the moment before we deal with sales and new server setups. This is why you might see a delay in response. I will look at all the sales emails now.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteTech View Post
    We have been busy with other issues at the moment before we deal with sales and new server setups. This is why you might see a delay in response. I will look at all the sales emails now.
    I submitted the tickets, please to reply me.

Infinitetech is a managed provider, they asked me several times over the few days whether I needed any help. I don't need help with my server software, but they are so friendly that I may actually open a ticket and get into a random conversation someday.
    heheee

This is the most amazing review I have read in WHT as of now.

I have contacted them too regarding their Dedicated Server offers, seems amazing

Great reviews there.

FutureHosting are great - we've used them for offsite VPS hosting for a long time and they have been excellent. I know they had a few problems with Rapidswitch, which aren't surprising seeing as Rapidswitch cant even get the basics right. Glad they got everything sorted out in the end though!

nice review,

We are about to move to Infinitetech as they have nice specs for low, good prices

still waiting for an answer after a question sent to presales dept. 6 hours and couting. I know it's not much but as a matter of urgence, it is for me

Sure we heard good reviews from Future Hosting and we have plans to buy dedicated server from them

I actually had my answer from Infinitetech, quite please =D

Exclamation

Dear InfiniteTech,

My VPS is going up and down for the second day, please respond to ticket AZP-887-84007

I had 4.5 hours of down time yesterday and another 2 hours today, after you claim to have solved with problem with the switch.

Here's the uptime log - http://stats.pingdom.com/n3z2d1ugnv96/146781/2012/10
    June was the last month I had 100% uptime

I second that they take very long to answer tickets, half a day is normal.
    Last edited by PvUtrix; 10-24-2012 at 05:26 AM.

FutureHosting is the place where I always come back when I am in need of a good VPS or a reliable dedicated server. Tried so many others, but they are special. Really love them somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzem View Post
    I don't need help with my server software, but they are so friendly that I may actually open a ticket and get into a random conversation someday.
    I've done this before after months of no contact.

I wanted to see how quickly anybody responded, and to verify it wasn't a ghost town.
    Sometimes hosts just work so well that there's no technical support reason to make contact.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by PvUtrix View Post
    Dear InfiniteTech,

My VPS is going up and down for the second day, please respond to ticket AZP-887-84007

I had 4.5 hours of down time yesterday and another 2 hours today, after you claim to have solved with problem with the switch.

Here's the uptime log - http://stats.pingdom.com/n3z2d1ugnv96/146781/2012/10
    June was the last month I had 100% uptime

I second that they take very long to answer tickets, half a day is normal.
    This issue was resolved earlier today. I cannot acknowledge we've had major issues in the past months (perhaps your node was the only one effected?).

While yesterday's issue was indeed major, our entire network did not go offline. Only a few servers in one particular rack were effected by this.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We've already taken measures to fix this issue and never allow it to repeat again.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteTech View Post
    We've already taken measures to fix this issue and never allow it to repeat again.
    I believe you, but please do something with the speed of response to tickets. Not hearing anything from support when your VPS is going up and down at random is very frustrating! Even if one or two servers are affected the customers deserve some regular updates on the issue without having to raise multiple tickets.

Well, it's happening again! My VPS is unavailable for almost an hour!!!

http://stats.pingdom.com/n3z2d1ugnv96/146781/2012/10

It must be specific to your server. Mine is online today.

Angry

it's happening again! What's going on? Routing problems again? Your site was also inaccessible for some time, it is now, I've raised a ticket # FRT-379-28874 half an hour ago, no response.

VPS control panel is not accessible http://vps-panel.infinitetech.eu:5353/

Vps went up now, please explain what's happening this time

I've left InfiniteTech and got a similar spec VPS from another provider at the same DC and it's working faster and they answer tickets within 5 minutes, not hours! I would not recommend InfiniteTech after being with them for about a year

I've left InfiniteTech and got a similar spec VPS from another provider at the same DC and it's working faster and they answer tickets within 5 minutes, not hours! I would not recommend InfiniteTech after being with them for about a year
    5 minutes for all type of tickets? I am afraid that is too fast

Care to share the new provider?
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast