* 100TB EMBER PACKAGE

Hi,
    I find this a bit ridiculous. I am not a server expert so I want to share it with others to see if i`m over reacting. I have a ember package with 100TB, It comes bundled with 2x500 Gig HDD.

Recently I requested for the 2x500GIGS be replaced with a full 1TB drive, an that was done about a month ago. now 1tb billing is charging me a additional 50usd for the 1TB drive.

I just got off the phone with billing + tech support and they said it is possible, to do the replacement. however a particular "manager" that added the charge to me account emailed me saying it is "not" possible. soo.. what do you think ?

Yep - that's how it works. We've added 1TB drives to replace the 500g drives and have been charged for them as well. Softlayer charges them for the base configuration and any upgrades, they simply pass those costs to you.

If you don't like the policy, you'll need to find another host.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I definitely will be finding another host, because that ridiculous.

And how can you be a company an have some people saying A and some saying B ?

AND IF IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE FROM THE START, WHY DID THEY DO IT FOR ME A MONTH AGO ? COME ONN MAN THINK ABOUT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by andre33 View Post
    I definitely will be finding another host, because that ridiculous.
    Good luck!

And how can you be a company an have some people saying A and some saying B ?
    Are you serious? It happens all the times - human beings are the ones running the business and sometimes wires get crossed.

AND IF IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE FROM THE START, WHY DID THEY DO IT FOR ME A MONTH AGO ? COME ONN MAN THINK ABOUT IT.
    MAYBE IT WAS DONE IN ERROR AND NOW THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T DO IT.

edit: - just to be clear, I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. Softlayer charges 100tb.com and they pass the charge on to us. Makes sense to me.
    Last edited by sirius; 02-22-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

It was done in error ? LOL

We make mistakes yes, but things as simple as that, should be known across the board. The thing thats most alarming to me is that everyone there is saying "yes" its possible. Even though it was done in an "error."

And finding a new host wont be hard, I don`t need luck

It was done in error ? LOL

We make mistakes yes, but things as simple as that, should be known across the board. The thing thats most alarming to me is that everyone there is saying "yes" its possible. Even though it was done in an "error."

And finding a new host wont be hard, I don`t need luck
    When you first requested the change did they tell you that it would cost an extra $50 per month? If they didn't tell you that they have no right to charge you. They made the mistake and they should pay for it. Either that or ask you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Website themes View Post
    When you first requested the change did they tell you that it would cost an extra $50 per month? If they didn't tell you that they have no right to charge you. They made the mistake and they should pay for it. Either that or ask you to leave.

Its been over 2 months since I had it done to be exact. and I`ve been paying the same 201 dollars every month. So no, they did not tell me about any additional costs. but it is cool though, you live and you learn

Did you tried contact Tom? He is rock solid guy and very helpful here on WHT...

Andre,

Whats the ticket ID from the opening post? Ill look into this for you and see what happened.

~k
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth
    VPS.NET -> Cloud Hosting. 18 Locations. Check out our website!

With Kody on board you are in good Hands

Hi, the ticket I'd: #25004568]

I am actively working on this, and will get back with you.

~k
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst

We have contacted the client, and this issue is resolved.

~k
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by Kody View Post
    We have contacted the client, and this issue is resolved.

~k
    Wooooooooooot wooot. I must say Kody did stay on top of the issue. and got it resolved precisely. My overall experience, otherwise from this small issue with 100tb is emcaulate. Thumbs up !

Get your server from them !!!! you wont regret it. Thanks guys

Hey Andre, I'm thinking about jumping on the EMBER package myself and I'm waiting for a response to an email I had sent to Tom. Are you satisfied with the download speeds you're getting with the dedicated 1Gbps port? I'm going to get either that or the Alto cloud plan so I'm interested in knowing what your experience has been so far. Thanks.

Go for it bro. The speed compared to my previous host is very fast. Users of my site have never been happier. You get prompt reply to support tickets etc. They also give you a control panel where you can totally control your server. Even if ssh terminal is not accessible. So I would definitely recommend them if your looking for "quality" n "class." Tell me when you get it