* 123systems - Anyone got their site restored?3 days of my site being down

I know Andrew will see this post as there he has a notification for his company name.

I want to know if anyone got their site restored after their server crash?

We aren't transferring files, We are providing .zip of the home directories for the users and giving them to the client's, This is because we are extremely swamped with work right now and if we had to restore everyone's account it would take hours if not days.
    I asked to have my files transferred after the server was crashed.

Me trying to move the files has been a huge problem as my own internet has been off and I have had to try use an internet cafe, but because the file is 300mb it was timing out.

They had a server crash, I think they should be recovering it and not leaving it up to customers.

It has been 3 days now and my site has been down.

I finally got my backup uploaded today but I am waiting for a reply to my support ticket to restore it.

I dont see how much more trouble it was to simply restore the zip with the files than to email it to customers for us to download then reupload?

I'm also getting a 403 (Forbidden) on my domain so I can't access the site.

Hoping others have got their site up..
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

We aren't transferring files, We are providing .zip of the home directories for the users and giving them to the client's, This is because we are extremely swamped with work right now and if we had to restore everyone's account it would take hours if not days.
    I don't understand why they are putting this on the clients. Their systems failed and as a web host it should be their responsibility in my mind to restore these file for their customers in my opinion. Yes is may take a long time, but that is one of the downfalls of this business and you have to learn to cope with if failure like this does happen.

Hopefully now that you have it uploaded, they will take care of this for you.
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

Exactly my thoughts...I ran a hosting business for years and this did happen once.

I wouldn't have even thought of the customers having to do a restore as it was my problem.

Having a site offline from no problem of the client is bad, but having to do your own restore is very bad in my opinion.
    I can do it but what about the average site owner that has no idea about restoring a site...
    John Diver

What they should do is restore all the accounts on a new server asap, or bring the original server back up.. I can't believe I read that statement above! That is unacceptable (IMHO).
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

I can't believe I read that statement above!
    Me either...

(Still waiting for a reply to my ticket to get the site online..)
    John Diver

Sincere advice, stay away from them, after lot of efforts they have send me my backup data ( without databases ) and later was about to charge me $ 15 for that .... wow ,crazy hosting company I have ever seen.