Question EU server with bandwidth wanted

Hi guys,

Looking for EU server to host small images(thumbs) that's why looking box with SSD (32GB) and >100TB bandwidth available. Something like Supermicro. $250-300 Is it real?

Thanks,
    with love from california

Can't be done i think. That is less than 1 USD per mbit.
    YISP - High Bandwidth dedicated servers and colocation in YISP-AS(Amsterdam)!

Forget it, you won't be able to find that for the budget
    Maybe if you pay 10x this amount you might find a decent host with a good reputation.
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

what about 100tb.eu?

If that budget is in EURO instead of USD you'll get there.

Send an email or a private message to Thomas from 100tb.com and ask them if they can give you a deal for one of their London servers. All the servers on their sales page are "sold out" but I think you can order or "pre-order" through email.

Otherwise, dediserv.eu offers through http://www.100tb.eu a 169 euro server with 100tb of bandwidth - that's 230 dollars. If you contact him through email, Dino may be able to add a 40-64GB MLC SSD and keep the price below 300$.

Check out the redstation offer with 64GB ram. 64GB RAM + nginx is far better than an 32GB ssd for serving thumbnails.

... But the price would be much higher than his 300$ budget. Redstation prices are in UK pounds, which is about 18% more than euro.

The idea with those 100TB offers is that with slow HDD, you will probably have hard time reaching 100TB. This is the reason why almost all of them are with one SATA HDD or with two low-performance.

When you ask for SSD, it means that you will most likely reach 100TB which makes you automatically one of their clients which does not generate profit for the company.

The price for such amount of traffic with budget provider will be at least 1,5 USD/Mbps. You are looking for ~335Mbps, meaning you will have to pay at least 500 USD. And this is mostly peering or low quality transit. It also does not include the Hardware.

My suggestion would be to think about how much you actually need and not to pay for more, which you *might* need.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolayM View Post
    The idea with those 100TB offers is that with slow HDD, you will probably have hard time reaching 100TB. This is the reason why almost all of them are with one SATA HDD or with two low-performance.
    Quite true, but not all of them only permit slow drives.
    Just have to search for the ones that have more expansive hardwrae offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by mariushm View Post
    ... But the price would be much higher than his 300$ budget. Redstation prices are in UK pounds, which is about 18% more than euro.
    OK the price would be around $370 but with 64GB ram and 8TB SAS storage and 100TB bandwidth. That absolutely destroys any offers by 100tb.com.

Also they claim to match any competitor offer and double the ram??

Well I know a Ford is $20k and a Ferrari is $200k but the Ferrari has 500 horse power and shiny red paint.

I guess I should buy the Ferrari even though the Ford is enough for my needs.

FFS it's a server rented to serve thumbnails, 8 TB storage would be pointless.

He could actually get from 100tb.com a D930 with 2GB of memory and 500GB disk space for 133$ a month and pay 100$ for a 64GB SLC SSD, so for 233$ he'll have 100 TB of bandwidth and 64GB of SLC SSD. You would have to get it in Dallas though, as that's the only place they still have those old systems.

In Europe, I still feel the best deal would be dediserv.eu's 169euro + ssd if they can offer it, or 100tb.com if they're willing to give him a server in their London datacenter.

I don;t think you;d be getting the such 100 Mbps offering in the U.S. as well. The cheapest bandwidth I have ever seen someone to offer to end customer was $4 per mbps for a 100 Mbps commitment. You can do the math.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

That's funny...you must have teleported from 2008 to this day.

I'm paying right now about 140$ a month for a server with 100mbps unmetered bandwidth... 1$/mbps is more usual than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by mariushm View Post
    Well I know a Ford is $20k and a Ferrari is $200k but the Ferrari has 500 horse power and shiny red paint.

I guess I should buy the Ferrari even though the Ford is enough for my needs.

FFS it's a server rented to serve thumbnails, 8 TB storage would be pointless.

He could actually get from 100tb.com a D930 with 2GB of memory and 500GB disk space for 133$ a month and pay 100$ for a 64GB SLC SSD, so for 233$ he'll have 100 TB of bandwidth and 64GB of SLC SSD. You would have to get it in Dallas though, as that's the only place they still have those old systems.

In Europe, I still feel the best deal would be dediserv.eu's 169euro + ssd if they can offer it, or 100tb.com if they're willing to give him a server in their London datacenter.
    I would say it is more like a $20k ford or $24k Ferrari but anyway it is still too cheap for this sort of bandwidth requirement.

Look at it this way, 100tb on 95th percentile is going to be around 350mbps+, so assuming a super low transit cost ($0.5/mbps), a $133 server, after overheads (hardware, electricity, staff) will be costing the host something like $100/month loss.

Do you really want to be in a position where your business depends on a supplier, for whom you are a liability? My feeling is that 100tb.eu has more realistic pricing but once you add the SSD, the cost comes becomes the same as my earlier Redstation recommendation.

Yeap, waiting new server from yazuhost.com with SSD. Will write review later. Thanks