Need Payment processor for Streaming business

Hi guys

I have read WHT for years now and gotten good advice and used many recommended hosting services.
    Now i need some help so i thougth i will register.

I stream cricket online.
    This is not allowed in the US. I have a disclaimer that tells new users that if they are from the US that they are not to sign up, but as u can guess, that doesnt happen.

Now the copyright owner for the US is after sites like mine and I am being targeted. I am shutting down the current site and setting up fresh.

Paypal, Alertpay, ccbill .. all the major companies are too scared to actually bother to protect their users even when they are right and offer information to the Law firms when iven a court order

Quite simply, I need a payment processor who does not reveal information to US law firms.

I am thinking offshore, but I cant find one that doesnt just do it off the bat. They need me to setup a company and a bank relationship etc.

Is there one that I can use that is offshore and works like Paypal/Alertpay ?

Thanks in advance guy.

Talking

Paypal, Alertpay, ccbill .. all the major companies are too scared to actually bother to protect their users even when they are right and offer information to the Law firms when iven a court order
    no one protect you against the legal laws and distance selling regulations.

Quite simply, I need a payment processor who does not reveal information to US law firms.
    By law any payment providers will provide information to local law authorities.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Quote Originally Posted by alex-developer View Post
    no one protect you against the legal laws and distance selling regulations.

By law any payment providers will provide information to local law authorities.
    I don't think this is quite true. There are places in the world that are exempt from being law anything. I heard of HongKong being like that, not sure... not speaking from experience, but I heard that getting HongKong to do anything enforcement wise is much like trying to enforce copyright laws.... which even Microsoft can't do successfully.

you can get that for sure but in that you will be at a risk of
    1. law and order
    2. Risk of getting many spam and fraud

Laws

Any serious payment service provider would not jeopardize any law for the sake of simply protecting their own business and reputation.

I doubt very much that any payment provider would be willing to do that as they would in return possible jeopardize their relationships with their banks and so forth.
    Failsafe Payments - New Website & New Products Launched

CertoConnect (Alternative Payments) - Free Until July 2012

Then what is the point of having an offshore payment processor if they are all going to simply adhere to US laws anyway ?
    lol

If you mean offshore = breaking the law then you are very wrong and its not only the law in the US that is applicable but most countries have the basics of the same laws.

Offshore processors you use to process high-risk (which US banks do not do to the same extent) and in some cases tax planning.

Offshore poricessors mostly adhere to the same basic rules as the onshore processors and we all have to be compliant in terms of VISA/MC rules and regulations as well as international laws.
    Failsafe Payments - New Website & New Products Launched

CertoConnect (Alternative Payments) - Free Until July 2012

I am not talking about it being illegal.

I am simply saying that the company holding the rights to streaming in the USA does not hold the rights to streaming to any other country.

So knowing that, I am not breaking laws by streaming it to areas like China, the middle east and other countries.

The issue is that even though I am not streaming to the USA, the company holding the rights to the USA insists on trying to shut me down by threatening the payment processor and getting my details from them.

If this goes to court, they wont win and we are not breaking any laws in the USA and they know that, but its all the hassale that I want to avoind by getting a processor that actually isnt scared by couple of letters from the company.

ICJ - International Court of Justice, research it. Basically its a panel that can hear a case and rule on it internationally in these cases, however it is EXTREMELY hard to get the foreign country to commit. Also, unless it's large scale, it would rarely make it there.

Because every country has its own governing laws, some more strict than others, and some more loose than others, major cases are brought to the ICJ.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket_streamer View Post
    I am not talking about it being illegal.

I am simply saying that the company holding the rights to streaming in the USA does not hold the rights to streaming to any other country.

So knowing that, I am not breaking laws by streaming it to areas like China, the middle east and other countries.

The issue is that even though I am not streaming to the USA, the company holding the rights to the USA insists on trying to shut me down by threatening the payment processor and getting my details from them.

If this goes to court, they wont win and we are not breaking any laws in the USA and they know that, but its all the hassale that I want to avoind by getting a processor that actually isnt scared by couple of letters from the company.
    China has very strict censorship laws. When you do business in foreigh countries you need to adhere to the laws and regulations of the country. Being a US company you cannot just say we follow US law and it applies in China. Obviously Chinese law rules, hence why Facebook, Google (baidu), and all the other Chinese companies are gaining market share on American companies, because China can impose strict sanctions and place censors on all their content. It is a communist country not a democracy and the laws governing the two lands couldn't be further apart.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket_streamer View Post
    As an example of this, if you try to copyright sports games and stream the games online and it says you are not allowed to do this, you can be held liable in foreign countries. I would make sure you have a good lawyer or deep pockets in order to fight these battles, because whether you win or not, it's going to cost you money in legal fees.
    Last edited by Techy; 02-24-2011 at 05:23 PM.

The real problem is the Visa/MC network themselves though. Since both are U.S. based companies, the copyright owners could go to them to get a MID (merchant ID) blocked no matter who the underwriting bank is, or what country they operate from. Yes, you could go to a bank in Hong Kong, Latvia, or Mauritus, but they will still be under agreements with Visa/MC to do the processing. If you plan on using a U.S. based processing network, I don't think there's any protection you'll get from offshore banks when it comes to the bank or processor. They'll always have a path to reach you.
    Niles Bentley
    High risk merchant consultant
    Skype merchantservicetoday3

GeoIP ban all US IPs from your site? Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    GeoIP ban all US IPs from your site? Problem solved.
    That won't do it because of treaties the U.S. has with other countries. Try to open a Disneyland or make a car called "Chevrolet" in another country and you'll see the trademark and copyright laws in effect.

The real issue is Visa/MC are U.S. companies and you can't broadcast copyrighted content and accept payments through those networks for it. The original poster thinks ESPN or whoever only has copyrights in the U.S. when they also have the rights in any country the U.S. has treaties with. It's the reason in India when drugs are made there, they are labeled "not for export".
    Niles Bentley
    High risk merchant consultant
    Skype merchantservicetoday3