Arrow how long to move 20gb data from US-UK VPS?

Hi,

If I were to have a VPS in the US and one in the UK, how long would it roughly take to transfer 20gb data from the US one to the UK one???

Thanks
    CMC Design

it depends on both US and UK port speed. I just move my data about 2GB from US (100Mbit) to UK (1Gbit), it took about two minutes.

what if it took more than 48hrs?
    CMC Design

Quote Originally Posted by active8 View Post
    If it took that long, it will sounds fishy.
    Usually, it would just take within 24 hours to migrate data.

amazing!!! there must be something wrong with the process

hmm, thats what I thought. I got them to cancel the migration just so that I can move to another provider as its just silly that its taking that long.
    Now I cant boot my VPS as apparently the data is not there, its been moved to another place for migrations. My clients sites have been offline now since Friday evening. Bad times
    CMC Design

hmm, thats what I thought. I got them to cancel the migration just so that I can move to another provider as its just silly that its taking that long.
    Now I cant boot my VPS as apparently the data is not there, its been moved to another place for migrations. My clients sites have been offline now since Friday evening. Bad times
    wew... i'm sorry to hear that mate, hope your problem will be resolved soon

I had a dedicated server in US and UK and had to transfer 120GB of data at 700kbps. Transferred the same data from a UK server to another UK server at around 9mbps+.

So its most likely due to distance between US and UK provider and/or bad routing, etc.

What transfer speed are you getting?

Im not doing it, my VPS provider was transferring it.
    They have now rolled it back and it was supposed to be online however, nothing yet.
    CMC Design

I agree with HostXNow I just transferred 100GB across the US from Denver to Dallas, not that far but I was getting around 8Mips. So it's either they are limitting the transfer speed themselves or there is a connection issue. Either way fight for what you have, they had no reason to loose your data.

They just keep on saying they're working on it or looking into it but nothing happens. Gotta wait until their migration team wakes up as their 24/7 support team has no access to my data which seems a bit stupid to me.
    CMC Design

What provider is this?

Id prefer not to mention them yet until I have got this resolved as otherwise they may use this thread against me and not give me access to my data they are however very well known.
    CMC Design

Id prefer not to mention them yet until I have got this resolved as otherwise they may use this thread against me and not give me access to my data they are however very well known.
    Whoever they are, it doesn't sound like you have much confidence in them to conduct themselves in an ethical manner.

OK. Its VPSLatch and the last few days have been a nightmare considering that they offer 24/7 support!!
    CMC Design