setuplink.com - Wrong Choice for VPS

I just want to share you guys my experience with setuplink.com

Services from them, here are some I wanted to list down.

I ordered a VPS, from that, everything goes fine, but, after about 1 hour, my VPS was down. I boot it in SolusVM every minute cause it is always down every minute after. Like I boot it now, after 2 minutes, it will be down again.

It lasted like 1 and 1/2 days.

Here are the screen shots:
    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5...ewticketse.png
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/327...ewticketse.png
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6...iewtickets.png
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5...iewtickets.png

I guess the pictures should speak for itself.

You are having a bad experience, for how much time has it been down?

There must be some hardware issue too. May be you can tell them to move vps to another node
    24x7 PRO-ACTIVE SERVER MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCED WEB HOSTING SUPPORT
    Now Available The first Support Brand for Startup Hosting Companies

Sales : sales @ syslint.com | Skype us : SyslintSkype | Call us : (+91)6007799

I'd think WHT members can't help you much here. At the end of the day, only your host will tell you what exactly happened on your VPS.

Get close contact with your host is the best idea.
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Did you try to contact them and to know whats going on before posting review here on wht??

This was my experience before I moved into a new host.

I hate their support, they say that it'll be fixed. But still no fix. They apologize like a hundred of times.

They told me that there was a problem on their servers, but within 24 hours, it hasn't been fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by last_wizard4 View Post
    This was my experience before I moved into a new host.

I hate their support, they say that it'll be fixed. But still no fix. They apologize like a hundred of times.

They told me that there was a problem on their servers, but within 24 hours, it hasn't been fixed yet.
    If it hasn't been fixed for that long I would suggest you move. Did they specify any reason for the downtime?

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

There was a configuration problem with the ip you were created on.

We were trying to resolve the issue when you asked for a full refund.

We issued a full refund 6 days after your initial purchase.

Our support tried to help and even offered you an extra free week of hosting.
    Last edited by Setup Link; 02-27-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Setup Link View Post

Cause I need the vps urgently that's why I asked for the refund so I can move into other host.

You cannot fix it within 24 hours that's why I decided to move.

I'm not sure about the specifics here but 24h seems like an awful long time for an IP config problem either way I think you need to make sure you can cover your bases and provide the VPS within an acceptable time frame.

More transparency wouldn't hurt, I get the feeling you were hiding the real reason (lack of available servers etc) so it got you in trouble when the client needed it setup ASAP. Every provider can make that mistake, just make sure you learn for the experience and move on. You could also list the setup time on your site 48-72 hours to avoid problems.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

I know another user was having a problem (i tried finding the link I can't seem to now) but they replied to him to try switching OS templates to another one to test it, and he said it worked that there was a issue with one of the templates causing his Virtual Server to shutdown and not come back online unless he went and booted it him self, then it would crash again, and he would have to login, as I personally never even heard of that happening, I guess it can as he said after he changed the OS template it worked fine, but I do think he still wended up moving to another provider.

I hope to best for ya, and you are able to find a good provider.

Maybe try having them change you to a new node, or try changing your OS template? and if that don't work get moved to a different server and if your still having it download your data and pack your bags and take the next train outta there
    FusionNET Solutions
    OpenVZ & XEN VPS available in US & UK.
    IRC & Adult Allowed, RDNS Control, 24/7 Helpdesk, VPN Ready, Native IPv6 Ready!

It was not our intent to hide anything, a new ip block was configured improperly.

We had to ask the datacenter to manually remove the IPs from the host node to get them working again.

All our servers are instant activation. We work everyday to make sure all the services are created properly.

If there is a problem on vps creation - we credit additional hosting and work with the client to resolve any concerns or refunds.
    Last edited by Setup Link; 02-28-2011 at 12:32 PM.

It was not our intent to hide anything, a new ip block was configured improperly.

We had to ask the datacenter to manually remove the IPs from the host node to get them working again.

All our servers are instant activation. We work everyday to make sure all the services are created properly.

If there is a problem on vps creation - we credit additional hosting and work with the client to resolve any concerns or refunds.
    Yes. You work everyday.
    Not sure about the 24/7 support of yours.