LicensePal vs Direct purchase from WHMCS - What do you lose out on?

Hey All,

I've been searching the forums and just want to get this clear before purchasing a WHMCS owned license through the reseller LicensePal.

Basically, other than:

1) not being able to transfer the owned license
    2) not qualifying for the ResellerClub accounts that WHMCS offers (I get better pricing with my existing account anyways)

Is there anything else I lose by choosing to purchase WHMCS through LicensePal?

Thanks,
    Kristy
    Last edited by Kristy; 02-21-2011 at 02:46 AM. Reason: clarify title of post

The main difference will be the #1 point you stated as you will not be able to sell the owned license to anyone else in the future.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Its always wise to buy from whmcs directly

1) You can resell it once in future
    2) You get few freebies specially 1 dev license

Quote Originally Posted by dezinerstudio View Post
    I was not aware of this. How does it work?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Quote Originally Posted by dezinerstudio View Post
    This is kind of what I was concerned about.. could you help list the freebies offered?

Thanks,
    Kristy

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    I was not aware of this. How does it work?
    Contact whmcs regarding a dev license.

Pretty simple.

I think LicensePal do not offer Reseller discounts like WHMCS does http://www.whmcs.com/resellers.php

When you buy a license from a reseller you will lose these advantages that you do get when buying direct.

1. You would get lower priority support
    2. You would not get access to the free Enom/ResellerClub & MaxMind accounts we give to clients.
    3. You would not be entitled to have a second free license for development
    4. You would not be allowed to become a WHMCS licensed reseller yourself
    WHMCompleteSolution
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    www.whmcs.com

My main seller point when buying my own copy of WHMCS, was a simple fact that you are getting direct support from WHMCS Team, along with higher priority support/assistance with them directly. The extra couple bucks is worth it in the long run, as you are able to alot more. Purchasing from a reseller of any kind, you pay more in the overall stretch then purchasing direct, as when doing it directly you have security, and you have direct contact, along with buying directly they give you more features then the reseller does within owning your own key to sell it later, along with getting a few extra's they provide over the years, and access to more modules and such.

Using LP you give your rights away from being able to resell WHMCS yourself, and LP provides you a WHMCS account to get support, and also obtain your licences, well LP relys on WHMCS for answers, so you get a extra wait then going directly with them.

As we are a reseller, so going through us we are not able to provide all the services of having your own copy of WHMCS.

I suggest you purchasing them directly, and paying for the extra couple backs as its later down the road worth it.

I suggest only using LP if your going to be a monthly contract person, where you might not need it for a long period of time, or if you just want try the service out for a month, go with LP for a month to test everything for the lower price, then if you have more interest to purchase it go directly with WHMCS and have your key updated to whatever.

I only use LP for ClientEXEC, as overall WHMCS is better personally to me then clientexec, but we use clientexec for personal needs, and they support a function/module that WHMCS don't, and we went with LP for them as it included everything that we needed.

It be better for you to do a background check of what each one includes, so you see which one would better provide you for your needs.

If your going to be someone that wants to be a-part of the development of WHMCS for free upgrades, and to follow and work with the services then I suggest WHMCS, if your going to be needing assistance setting yours up, or if you want real support directly if something goes wrong, or something messes's up and you need help on how to fix it, I suggest WHMCS, as they are the makers and would be able to help you better then anyone else could, if your company is in the webhosting market really big, would be something for you to look into to offer WHMCS yourself, which u would need to go through WHMCS.com directly, as buying from a reseller would cut your privileges to be able to resell WHMCS.

If your just simply looking just to own a copy of WHMCS, and wont really need alot of help, or any extras, LP would be your place as it's a little cheaper as they dont offer as much.

Just to add to the above, if you were to purchase from LicensePal rather than WHMCS directly, you will not be entitled for a 'developer/sandbox edition' as far as I am concerned - to play around with and to create themes...
    Ian Lai - www.fyianlai.com
    Web Design & Development
    System Operator & Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaints View Post
    Just to add to the above, if you were to purchase from LicensePal rather than WHMCS directly, you will not be entitled for a 'developer/sandbox edition' as far as I am concerned - to play around with and to create themes...
    That's correct - you also won't be eligible to onsell WHMCS licenses to your current hosting clients (reseller hosting)