Excellent network and decent hardware for $100?

Unfortunately, my budget has gone up from $50 to $70 to $90. I finally found an almost-decent solution for about $90, so why not raise it to $100?

So here goes.... my budget is $100/mo. I'm searching for a dedicated with excellent connection (fast and no downtime) to the Caribbean. The server will be running a free classifieds site with asp.net and sql server.

I don't know how many visitors I will get since we're a startup.

What do you suggest?

Thank you.

Do you have specific hardware specs in your mind?
    Did you check the offers section?
    What about your bandwidth requirement?
    And do you need the server to be in a specific location?

Not to get in your business - but do you have a specific reason to be running on a Windows platform? Do you have a custom web app in .net or what?
    Windows will usually at at least $25 to your monthly bill, and in your budget that's a pretty big portion.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

Quote Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
    Not to get in your business - but do you have a specific reason to be running on a Windows platform? Do you have a custom web app in .net or what?
    Windows will usually at at least $25 to your monthly bill, and in your budget that's a pretty big portion.
    ditto.

Windows eats up $25, leaves you with very small budget.

Well if Windows is necessary it is, but usually it's not, people just get it because it's familiar.
    And even more important than the $25, and maybe not everyone will agree with me here, but in my opinion Linux is a much better and more stable server OS for about 99% of situations.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

If you haven't programmed anything yet, I would definitely scrap windows + asp, as you'll really be limiting the kind of people who can work on that going forward, as well as increasing your costs in a number of areas.

If the site is already programmed, then within your budget I would look for a hybrid server / vps if you care about quality. You'll be able to get a good quality vps on a good network with good uptime, probably with management (if you need it) and backups etc, without too much trouble for $100 or less. At the same time, a dedicated server for $100 or less, with windows on it, is going to be a bit of a challenge in general, especially if you have any particular requirements such as location, network quality, etc.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

To get back to OPs Question:

Look at Miami if you need much Traffic, Pings are ok (at least they were at my Holiday on the Bahamas).
    If you dont need much Traffic securehost.com could be an Alternative (Datacenters Bahamas and Jamaica).
    "Hurr durr look at dem offers section" (aka read mah signature) - WHT 2015