Need europe dedi. Paying yearly.

Hello,

I am looking for a dedicated server based in europe. Preferably england, germany or the netherlands. I have up to £325 ($528) a year to spend. Paypal of course.

Requirements:
    At least 100m/bit connection
    At least dual core
    At least 2GB ram (ddr3 preferably)
    Reasonable sized hard drive and around 5 ip adresses.

What company can you recommend?

Johnson.
    Last edited by Harzem; 02-20-2011 at 08:36 AM.

That's a very tight budget.
    Why not look for a VPS then, it's more reasonable for your budget.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

But dont most hosting providers offer quite decent discounts if paying yearly anyway? I may have to go down the VPS router however I really was hoping not to.

You will just about get an Atom server for that in the UK or simular.

In that case what kind of system do you think I could get in the USA? Really didn't want to get one in USA as most of my services are aimed towards people who are in Europe, however usa datacenters are usully quite fast. So yeah. Help please? Was hoping to have it by this sunday.

Typically from what ive seen most companys offer 2 months free on dedicated orders.

That would mean your budget is £32.50/month. I think nearly anywhere you will struggle.

It would be worth speaking to companys directly and see what they can offer you but i fear that you may need to up your budget for a dedicated machine.

Do you have any other specifications like Bandwidth?

Anything around the 500-1000GB per month mark is probably fine.

I have no personal experience with either one, but Hetzner (Germany), Netdirekt (Germany), ProviderService (Germany) and OVH or Kimsufi (France) may have something that's close to your budget. Hetzner doesn't take PayPal, though. OVH is reputedly not the best option for visitors outside of Europe. However, for this tight a budget you simply won't get the best.

Take a look at the Dedicated Hosting Offers forum. I've ordered more than one server based on specials there.

Make sure to research the host properly before deciding. Don't expect a server to be provisioned in time for Monday, though. That's cutting it awfully close since many hosts don't do sales during weekends.

Best of luck.

Cheers. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forums. OVH's prices are simply extortionate in my eyes. £72 for an extra 30GB worth of storage a month. Most providers throw in atleast 80GB for free!

Quote Originally Posted by freezebox View Post
    Cheers. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forums. OVH's prices are simply extortionate in my eyes. £72 for an extra 30GB worth of storage a month. Most providers throw in atleast 80GB for free!
    Probably because you have tight budget.

Better increase it to get what you want.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

I definitely think within your budget, either a good VPS, or a OVH server would be suited for you (if you pay them yearly, no £50 setup either).
    1Gbps Dedicated Servers - 1GigE (1000Mbit) Dedicated port.
    Unmetered Bandwidth | Instant Setup Dedicated Servers, Xen & OpenVZ VPS
    100% Owned Equipment
    - EvoSwitch, Netherlands
    www.RapidSpeeds.com

You are not going to find any dedicated server for that price, even paid yearly.

Try to contact hosts directly.
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Logically, DDR3 servers are not going to be close to your budget. in fact you will need to look at older DDR2 boxes that passed the ROI period long time ago and owners are about to let them be productive once more even for lowest possible profit rather than through them away.

Also I suggest you kill those dreams (2 months of free service due to annual payment - Most providers throw in atleast 80GB for free) which are quite suspicious IMO.

I only found a few Europe providers that can offer you something in your budget which are OVH - Leaseweb.

I had no personal experience with OVH though.

- Aria

I am sure you can not find any dedicated server with above specifications with less than $45/month ( or $530/year) as you said. You can find a VPS with this budget.So you should increase your budget or decrease your needs.
    I Love WebhostingTalk... zendegiyesabz

Of course he can. Basic0 from ProviderService fits his requirements very well. And I'm sure there are others.

Poundhost has a £30 basic server I also saw earlier.
    UKDirectHost: Dedicated Servers in the UK, USA, Germany, France and Netherlands.
    Cheap Dedicated Servers | PEER 1 Partner
    Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards, 2Checkout, UK Bank Transfers, Moneybookers.
    FraudRecord, a collaborative effort to keep track of bad clients. Protects you from known spammers and fraud.

http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/ks/
    The Q1-T looks exactly what you want, without purchasing any of the expensive extras.

Yes the extras are very expensive, better to buy a server with a bigger HDD from the beginning if that's what you want.

If you know someone in USA who can buy it for you, you can save another 20% on the VAT.
    High Quality Web Hosting from Host Ultra
    Visit us online at www.hostultra.com

I think that some people forgot that OVH doesn't accept PayPal as payment method. The TS clearly mentioned he will use PayPal for making payments.

Using a reseller can be good, but in this case I would say look elsewhere. With your requirements you might be able to find something, since your BW requirements are ok.

You can also go for a VPS, it's cheaper and can be just as good as a dedicated server. Just depends on where you get it from and if it's properly managed and not oversold.
    SolidSRV Internet Solutions | OVH France HQ
    Unmetered Bandwidth with every server
    sales@solidsrv.com | +31 233-020-200