Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HostingRacks pretty immature?

Hello,

Well the story starts here...

I replied to a web hosting request in the hosting requests forum, another user whom owns hostingracks.com replied and copied my whole offer to use as his own, not changing anything except the price.

Now I messaged him using his AIM username in his profile and this is what happened.

I messaged him and told him to change it, he said no, I told him I reported it to a mod and this is his response.

abeyer0: no im changing it
    abeyer0: f*cking ass
    abeyer0: give me 5 min
    GEAdam: Well that's real professional

Now he said he would change it after more arguing then he told me I had to edit my posts and I said that I am not and I get this reply.

abeyer0: WTF

abeyer0: you gay ass hole

I don't think that this is very professional of somebody whom is running a hosting company..

Just thought i'd share my story,

Thanks,
      0 Not allowed!

LOL

No i was to you if you read down in the post you will see please use Racks Support

NOT my private AIM name
      0 Not allowed!

You never said that, what a life.

You said something along the lines of this is my f*ckin aim name, not my support name.
      0 Not allowed!

Adam, You should not take these matters into your own hands like that. Report any post that you think might be out of place and let a mod deal with it.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Hosting Racks, you've spelt hosting wrong in your signature
      0 Not allowed!

I did, I told a mod to deal with it, but I gave him a chance to change it himself..

next time I guess I wont be that generous...
      0 Not allowed!

Baaaaaaaaaaad Newbie
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry to make a double post here. But it seems the HostingRacks site is a copy of one of our client's websites. Our client is http://www.NetLuxe.com.

I'm pretty sure the flash involved was paid for by NetLuxe, however I'm not quite sure whether the design was a template or not. I doubt that it was but I'm not going to sling mud until I phone Mike and inform him.

It would be nice to hear HostingRacks reply.
      0 Not allowed!

Unless you want to hear alot of cussing then you don't want to hear a reply, lol..
      0 Not allowed!

Seems like another 14 year old. Don't worry about it adminME, it's obvious who the better business man is....
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.
      0 Not allowed!

edit: nm
      0 Not allowed!

That's a real photo copier baby!!

1 - copy my adminME hosting offers
    2 - copy site design
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Fazel3
    Hosting Racks, you've spelt hosting wrong in your signature
      0 Not allowed!

Why can't Cogent have all customers sign a contact staying "I am over 14 :-)"

I can't wait to see what will happen if and when Cogent goes down under.
    Walter Landman
    Simplicato - Email Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

tisk tisk.....newbie!
      0 Not allowed!

This is too funny....

The spelling, the image on the main site (Btw, NetLuxe looks very nice), the responses and ethics of hostingracks.....
      0 Not allowed!

Wasn't the design that NetLuxe is using for sale on WHT? I remember seeing something like it about a half month ago. I'll have to check the forums.

EDIT: Maybe not... must've visited their site before.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by wlandman
    Why can't Cogent have all customers sign a contact staying "I am over 14 :-)"

*lame pommie accent*
    Oh jolly good call wlandman!

hehe,... i think that would make all our lives easier.
    George Edwards
    http://www.m6.net
    We have THE BEST support!
    1000's of clients can't be wrong!!
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry to make a double post here. But it seems the HostingRacks site is a copy of one of our client's websites. Our client is http://www.NetLuxe.com.

I'm pretty sure the flash involved was paid for by NetLuxe, however I'm not quite sure whether the design was a template or not. I doubt that it was but I'm not going to sling mud until I phone Mike and inform him.

It would be nice to hear HostingRacks reply.
    Don't make accusations without knowing the full truth... http://www.liquid2d.com/store/morein...TOKEN=16233633
      0 Not allowed!

however I'm not quite sure whether the design was a template or not. I doubt that it was but I'm not going to sling mud until I phone Mike and inform him.
    Take your own advice.

I didn't say they stole it, I said they were the same. Also read my sentance again and you'll see that I said I would get more information before slinging mud.

Before you go trigger happy with your flaming, check the flaws in your own thinking,
      0 Not allowed!

Take your own advice.

I didn't say they stole it, I said they were the same. Also read my sentance again and you'll see that I said I would get more information before slinging mud.

Before you go trigger happy with your flaming, check the flaws in your own thinking,
    I didn't get to read all the posts... sorry...
      0 Not allowed!

my advice, don't get involved. move on.. but that does stink that he stole your template for sales
    Max
      0 Not allowed!

I knew I saw it as a template somewhere!
      0 Not allowed!

nevermind
      0 Not allowed!

To all those concerned:

Yes, we legally bought the template to use as art for the page, and then paid a flash designer to make the flash up top for us.

We are currently in the process of having our site redesigned by Fazel and his team of excellent designers.

I bought the template at the time since I'm probably one of the least creative people out there, and I wanted something that looked nice, and would give off a futuristic feel. I guess I was wrong in doing this, but however, this doesn't change the level of service that my company provides, it's only a layout.

However, I see that issues like these come up, and I want to clarify that nothing is being ripped off here. I was obviously the one who made the mistake in buying this template, and thanks to Fazel, the situation will be cleared up when the new design is complete (in about a month).

However, his attitude and the manner in which he speaks to others (cursing, misspellings, etc.) would lead me to believe that he is running an unprofessional outfit here, and the cursing certainly doesn't achieve what I would consider to be a "professional effect".

I appreciate your concern and your understanding in this matter, and I am sorry for any confusion.

Regards,
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast