HostIcan 3 days and counting!!

Starting on Thu. night HostIcan had problems with vzr1-43 and 44, high load and shut it down completely. Finally it came back around 8 PM. I was a little upset that it was all of a sudden but I put up with it, 4 hours total.

Though yes clients should understand that hardware is fallible starting Fri. morning around 10 AM, here we go again. Down 43 once more. All day yesterday it was high load, then low, then high then low, then off then on, all day like this.

So last night about 6PM they shut it down completely!! And now this morning it is off completely. Their response to my irateness:

Reply from Jumpline CS Agent Nathan C (Sat Feb-19-2011 01:22):

We hope to finish this migration this weekend. We're currently performing file system maintenance on vzr1-43. For more information and updates, please visit http://status.hostican.com/

Thanks
    We hope, we hope?? 3 days people, from a large company that prides itself in 100% uptime as my screenshot shows publicized directly on their status site.

This is for the birds. I have been with them for a little over 1 year, no complaints, until now. They moved my VPS to a new NODE and better hardware and network, GREAT! No problems at all with that first move.

But now this, and they have nothing more than we hope?!?!?

My customers have a right to be irate, 3 days and counting, too much HostIcan too much

I understand hardware problems, I understand a migration, hey I'm all for it, new hardware. But come on 3 days for professionals??

My clients are ready to hang me out to dry people, and I likewise with HostIcan. I run my business from my server, all accounting everything, I have two companies on there that do the same. Now they can't work.

I hope HostIcan gets their act together sometime soon. I will be requesting a discount on this next invoice that is due soon since 100% guarantee is not true. Maintenance is one thing, this is not planned maintenance, this is beyond that and a mess up on their end completely. The email from them said 24 to 48 hours of INTERMITTENT outages, this is not that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jfreak53 View Post
    Starting on Thu. night HostIcan had problems with vzr1-43 and 44, high load and shut it down completely. Finally it came back around 8 PM. I was a little upset that it was all of a sudden but I put up with it, 4 hours total.

Though yes clients should understand that hardware is fallible starting Fri. morning around 10 AM, here we go again. Down 43 once more. All day yesterday it was high load, then low, then high then low, then off then on, all day like this.

So last night about 6PM they shut it down completely!! And now this morning it is off completely. Their response to my irateness:

We hope, we hope?? 3 days people, from a large company that prides itself in 100% uptime as my screenshot shows publicized directly on their status site.

This is for the birds. I have been with them for a little over 1 year, no complaints, until now. They moved my VPS to a new NODE and better hardware and network, GREAT! No problems at all with that first move.

But now this, and they have nothing more than we hope?!?!?

My customers have a right to be irate, 3 days and counting, too much HostIcan too much

I understand hardware problems, I understand a migration, hey I'm all for it, new hardware. But come on 3 days for professionals??

My clients are ready to hang me out to dry people, and I likewise with HostIcan. I run my business from my server, all accounting everything, I have two companies on there that do the same. Now they can't work.

I hope HostIcan gets their act together sometime soon. I will be requesting a discount on this next invoice that is due soon since 100% guarantee is not true. Maintenance is one thing, this is not planned maintenance, this is beyond that and a mess up on their end completely. The email from them said 24 to 48 hours of INTERMITTENT outages, this is not that.
    They were acquired by Jumpline. Just took notice to this.

Actually according to their page they have always been they just consolidated lately

So this is great, all day today and still down, no explenation nothing. They have even stopped responding to support tickets. I tell ya, their customer service has just become the most horrible one I've found in years.

Word of advice, someone looking for VPS solutions, don't use HostIcan!!

3 Days and counting, now working on a 4th day, what a company!!

Their "incident" about the server with problems is still open, so i guess they are fixing the issue.

You can claim for compensation for this downtime. (( They state 100% uptime ))
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    You can claim for compensation for this downtime. (( They state 100% uptime ))
    I plan on it believe me, this is just crazy. I've heard of tech issues but man, come on HostIcan, get it together guys. I know one of their reps had to of read this by now. And my post on their forum ha ha ha

Some problems are just harder to fix. I have had one VPS down for 2 days fully ( 30 hours ) due to one hard drive problem. They took allot of time to do the FSCK and mount the drive backup mainly beacuse they rent servers from other company's and it happend on one weekend ( just like your problem is happening ) and everything took way much longer.
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Well now they are finally done! They finished at 4:30AM today!! The worst thing is, these idiots didn't even do a completely copy of my VPS, they copied a backup of theirs!!! I am missing invoices from this past week, a huge amount of invoices are just missing and not there, so it's a week old backup of theirs! What a bunch of yahoos! Now I have to go through and re-enter all these invoices that are missing!

Quote Originally Posted by jfreak53 View Post
    Well now they are finally done! They finished at 4:30AM today!! The worst thing is, these idiots didn't even do a completely copy of my VPS, they copied a backup of theirs!!! I am missing invoices from this past week, a huge amount of invoices are just missing and not there, so it's a week old backup of theirs! What a bunch of yahoos! Now I have to go through and re-enter all these invoices that are missing!
    From http://www.hostican.com/company/terms.php

1.5. Accountholder Data Backup Responsibility
    1.5. A. HOSTICAN will attempt to retain nightly backups. However, as with any data storage systems, backups can fail. We encourage you to perform your own backups on a periodic basis. Because of this your use of this service is at your sole risk. HOSTICAN is not responsible for files and/or data residing within your services. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on HOSTICAN.
    How are they yahoo's? You didn't make backups yourself? They told you to do that, every couple of days you see it in this forum again to do your own backups, and you still didn't make backups?
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

Thank you, yes I did, that is not the point. The point is this entire thing is there problem, this started on Thu. and I wasn't able to make the most recent backup (every couple of days, remember?), that was my day. So they are responsible since they messed up my site. Why didn't they just copy what was there exactly?? It's their responsability is THEY are making a copy from server to server it is ther responsability, not mine, their mess up not mine.

Hostican is not be trusted! We had multiple sites affected due to down time. Read more here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ostican&page=2

To make matters worse, we just now we found out that all of our accounts are setup for auto-renewal, which means they will charge you unless you tell them to cancel your account if the term is up.

We cancelled the day after the charged us (figured we would only let it lapse) and they refuse to refund the money.

This is by far the worst host we ever worked with, hands down. And I would not trust any of our valuable sites with them anymore.

I have been dealing with the same issues from them since december.
    Each and every time, i get a different reason. I am sick of this company, the amt of money I pay, i should have a reliable site.

Can anyone recommend a better hosting company, one that will assist in moving my site over to them?

Thanks