Hey guys. Me and a friend have a dedicated server with godaddy that's currently hosting our music web site for us. The usage on the site is in the area of 1-1.5TB/month. We've now just finished a mobile app for accessing this content and we're expecting the bandwidth usage to go up considerably. Our current plan requires us to pay another $20/month for every half TB.

Friends I talked to all recommended that I go with S3 or other Cloud options if I had plans to scale this up into something in the tens of TBs (say 20-30TB). I started looking into S3 rates but I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of that compared to some of the high bandwidth dedicated server options that are available out there. For example, I've been looking at the EMBER package from 100TB, and I can get 100TB/month for $200. That's not really cheap but it's still way less than what we would have to pay for 50TBs if we were to go with S3. One thing I'm worried about with these high bandwidth hosting service providers is how they claim this is not "unmetered bandwidth." Does that mean the 100TB is not really a realistic number since they may have some unrealistic cap on the number of concurrent connections?? Maybe I'm not even fully understanding what unmetered bandwidth means.

Can people please give me some advice on what they think is ideal for my situation and also give me actual recommendations on what hosts to go with? Thank you so much guys.