Recommend provider

I have developed a web application in ASP.net and am looking for a suitable host.

My requirements are:
    - .net 4 support
    - MVC 3 support
    - Razor view engine support
    - Microsoft SQL server database included
    - Entity framework code first (CTP5) support
    - Integrated SMTP server (app needs to be able to send email)

As I am starting from scratch and traffic is going to be limited at first, I'd be inclined to go with shared hosting; I want to spend 10 EUR a month or less.
    Last edited by kaworu1986; 02-18-2011 at 06:40 AM.

I would recommend getting a VPS server.I am sure that for 10 euros per month you can get up to 256 MB of ram.As for shared hosting,you can look around in windows shared hosting section of WHT forum.

I would recommend getting a VPS server.I am sure that for 10 euros per month you can get up to 256 MB of ram.As for shared hosting,you can look around in windows shared hosting section of WHT forum.
    Do you even know what you are talking about

A VPS server with very minimal traffic?
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post

I was just trying to say that with VPS,he would have much more control on the server then with shared hosting.As in VPS,he can install any script and play with it,unlike in shared hosting where he will have limited access.

As much as I like the idea of tinkering with stuff, I don't know if it would be good: I have no experience of Windows server or IIS administration (I have only run my web app on the Visual Studio development web server so far).

Quote Originally Posted by kaworu1986 View Post
    As much as I like the idea of tinkering with stuff, I don't know if it would be good: I have no experience of Windows server or IIS administration (I have only run my web app on the Visual Studio development web server so far).
    Another option you might want to look into is getting a managed VPS? Windows web hosting is not my forte so I do not know if your requirements are standard in windows shared hosting or not. If they are not, then maybe a managed Windows VPS will be your best option?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post

Do you? //Fairly certain neither of you do.
    What's a VPS have to do with traffic? What's 'minimal traffic' have to do with shared hosting? A car can be used to haul a boat, as can a truck, as can a bus, as can a horse. The boat however has nothing to do with any of these things -- just like 'amount of traffic' has absolutely nothing to do with the hosting medium in itself.

I reiterate -- the amount of traffic has nothing to do with 'type' of hosting. Shared hosting can handle terabytes of the right kind of data, just like a VPS might choke on a single process. This is irrelevant to the poster's question, either way.

A VPS has a lot of strong-suits, this isn't necessarily one of them.

A couple of them are:
    * Control (Though, sadly, if you're a control freak they might not be for you either considering you won't have access to 100% of your logs, only those for your particular virtual instance)
    * Customization -- see #1. Being able to mix and roll your own is fantastic. However, just like cars, I don't recommend everyone attempt to build their own car just because they want to drive.
    * Scalability -- need ten of them? Get ten, without the provisioning / lead time on dedicated hardware. Drawback? Your software needs to 'back up' that scalability, as there's little sense in being able to provision quickly if you've got to manually provision every system and integrate it into your 'stack', so to speak.

What's shared hosting got that everything else doesn't?
    Someone else to worry about the majority of the above, so you don't have to. Whatever you do, ensure it's 'managed' to some degree. In your case Mr. poster, unless you're ready and able to run your own server, manage everything from the ground up, steer clear of VPS.

Or, get a managed VPS and get a little bit of the 'best of both worlds'. There's some drawbacks to every solution, but a solution they are nonetheless.

Try liquidweb.
    Last edited by David; 02-19-2011 at 12:43 AM.