Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation BurstNET - Resellers Beware!

Right, first of all, let me say that I had to have a long think about where to start with the negativity about BurstNET.

Approx 1 year ago i began reselling BurstNET servers because of how cheap they were. Here were the problems...
    • Server setup time sometimes approched 2 weeks. If i didn't get the order "rushed", this would have probably took longer. I used to get their support staff asking not to rush all my orders because it puts other clients behind me. Well, i feel sorry for them.
    • Every 2 out of 3 servers provisioned had bad hard drives. Either slow performance or would have lots of I/O errors, eventually mounting the file systems as read only. Lots of downtime due to this.
    • Drive replacement took anything up to a week with a lot of ticket bumping. Their support can't track tickets or do anything within good time.
    • Abuse complaints would be sent to my email. These notifications themselves would be sent to my Spam folder in GMail. Servers went down frequently because of this, and i'd have to pay $50 to get the server reactivated! This no-longer made BurstNET cheap!
    • The network would go down ALOT! Even with their "new routers" they advertised.

I eventually lost 10 dedicated server clients and probably a thousand bucks in total because of all this and decided BurstNet was not the way forward for me.

You're probably asking yourself why i've waited so long to open this ticket. Well, I kept 1 last server for the past year. It has been paid for until 5th March, on time every month and with no support issues. It's a dedicated server providers dream, right? Well they suspended it on February 16th. Reason: "Unpaid Invoices".

These invoices were for the servers I cancelled after having them for a month. BurstNET didn't cancel the invoices along with the servers that were cancelled. Furthermore, they're trying to charge me interest for the unpaid invoices.

What is absolutely ridiculous about this is how they suspended a server that these invoices don't relate to, to try and make me pay what they're calling "outstanding invoices".

This is either billing incompetence or greed. I refuse to pay anything now. They can invoice me till their heart is content. I blocked their emails and won't pay a cent more. I know BurstNET will reply to this thread soon, probably with a load of useless statements or denying everything. Well, if a mod needs any evidence of this, i'll send you my BurstNET account info to review and verify everything, since i will never be using them ever again.

Edit: I forgot to mention how explaining this situation to my client was extremely awkward and frustrating. I had to make 2 phone calls to BurstNet to get them to reply to my support ticket regarding this. 24 Hour+ waiting with no response. Some things never change.
    Last edited by ServeByte; 02-17-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    ServeByte Limited The most competitive VPS in Dublin, Ireland.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PM me for a price match or custom quotes and I'll be happy to help.
    -------------------------------ServeByte Limited--------------------------------------
      0 Not allowed!

I'd also like to see their response before judging anyone.
    Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    CS Student, Geek, Software Engineer, Developer
      0 Not allowed!

Get what ya pay for.. what more can we say?
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!
      0 Not allowed!

They need to earn sometimes you know.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001
      0 Not allowed!

I am the client that got caught in this mess without any wrong doing.

I would be happy with a backup of my files and databases. I feel cheated that my data is being held ransom for things outside of my control. They claim that he owes them $600, and while my data is definitely worth a lot more than that. I would be willing to pay triple that towards legal fees before I give them anything.

Any advice on how I should proceed? I tried calling their customer support before posting on here, but it was outside of their business hours.

Justin
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bubblehost.com View Post
    I am the client that got caught in this mess without any wrong doing.

I would be happy with a backup of my files and databases. I feel cheated that my data is being held ransom for things outside of my control. They claim that he owes them $600, and while my data is definitely worth a lot more than that. I would be willing to pay triple that towards legal fees before I give them anything.

Any advice on how I should proceed? I tried calling their customer support before posting on here, but it was outside of their business hours.

Justin
    If your site was so valuable, did you not make any offsite backups?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    I concur.
    I not only have backups of my files and databases, but Plesk and cPanel settings, and even copies of various ini files and other system setup data. Once in a great while, I'll even download entire snapshots of the hard drives. Those are cloned local, and then off-sited to yet another location.

Lose a few days or even weeks of work? Yeah, I feel sorry for you.
    Lose it all? That's YOUR FAULT.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    Not going to argue with that... It was a bit foolish of me, although I have never (permanently) lost data in the past. Who knew it would be by ransom and not natural causes when it finally happened to me.

Justin
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsrv View Post
    they treat me right, would love to see their response
    I never had much of an issue with their service either. I can see by looking at their prices that they have very tight margins. I still can't help but feel a bit cheated here...
      0 Not allowed!

Dont know what to say. Indeed, we have had issues with the bad drives before, but they changed the drive within reasonable time.

But server unsuspension fee should not bee that much high, even OS reloading half of price of that.

Vincent.
    7x24NET Ltd. & Serverfield LLC on AS134094.
    First in Taiwan! 1 Gbps Unmetered Dedicated Servers. Contact for details.
    Wide choice of payment gateways. PayPal, Bitcoin, Wire Transfers and Western Union Online.
    Feel free to reach us via: info[at]serverfield.co.uk, info[at]7x24web.net and Skype: net7x24
      0 Not allowed!

I scarcely know where to begin with this.

Josh has unpaid invoices going back to APRIL of last year. If he at any point wanted to read the TOS and AUP he agreed and signed when he ordered his services, he would see that we have every right to suspend his entire account if need be, for unpaid invoices.

His claims that abuse e-mails went to his spam folder are his own fault, as he GAVE US THE E-MAIL TO SEND TO SEND ABUSE NOTICES TO. Why did he not whitelist us? Also, he has yet to pay us for ANY abuse invoice he's received.

In regards to his support issues, There is one ticket about HDD's. It is actually about two different servers but both were resolved and we worked with Josh the entire time (The was one 12 hour time period during a drive test that we didn't update him). He ended up getting a free month credit for both servers. There are very few hardware issues after that one. Most are abuse or reboot related. So while he did have an issue (As all systems are wont to have from time to time), I do not see where he had many issues on the MAJORITY of his services. There was also one ticket where he claimed his server was being shut down every day at the same time and said it was the reboot port we set up for him and demanded we fixed it. Our tech realized it was a cron job that was running on the server issuing a shutdown. There were times that there were delay in deliveries as we might have been under a lot of sales or potentially a backorder, but every server was compensated for the delay in delivery (usually moving the server due date and giving a few extra days beyond that).

Now onto Josh's claims that the unpaid invoices are for services he canceled, and we somehow dropped the ball. I looked at a few of the MANY MANY MANY unpaid invoices (51 at this count -- though some of them are interest from unpaid invoices -- and we have tried to collect over the past 10 months while leaving his other services running), and here's what I found:
    Example #1:

Here's the cancel notice he sent us. It is dated the day we received it:

Tuesday, November 16, 2010
    Dear Josh Jameson (ServeByte),
    This email is to confirm that we have received your cancellation request for the service listed below.
    Product/Service: Core2Quad Q9300 Quad Core Dedicated Server - SALE OFFER - RESALE
    Domain: b02.xxxxxx.xxx
    Order ID: xxxxx
    The problem is that his renewal date was the 12th of each month. Our TOS is crystal clear that we are a month to month provider and that if you do not pay by the first day of the new billing cycle, you are responsible for that's month charges, with no pro-rating. It's not hidden nor sneaky. We offer our resellers a grace period after this due date, as sometimes getting your customers to pay can be problematic (AHEM, AHEM). The problem is, he went beyond the grace period as well. So in this one instance, he is wrong. He did not cancel on time and the debt is valid.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example #2:

Here's the letter Josh was sent the moment he placed the cancel:
    Saturday, July 10, 2010
    Dear Josh Jameson (ServeByte),
    This email is to confirm that we have received your cancellation request for the service listed below.
    Product/Service: Core2Quad Q9550 Quad Core Dedicated Server - SALE OFFER - RESALE
    Domain: b09.xxxxxxx.xxx
    Order ID: xxxxxxx
    Problem being that this server is due the 4th of each month. That's six days into the billing cycle and well outside any grace period. He actually placed the cancel one day after we suspended it for non payment. How is this our fault?
    And for the record, the poor lone server he says we suspended that he has always paid on time is also a falsehood. In the 11 invoices this server has, he has only paid on time TWICE. He has paid within the grace period in most of them, but has been as late as six days.

By no means is Josh as pure and innocent as he claims. He has never once paid an abuse invoice we've given him, which is grounds for terminating his whole account (These abuse fees also go back to April).

We try to work with our resellers, but Josh has been ignoring his responsibilities since April. At this point he owes us 12% of all he's been billed for. Most companies would kick a client like this to the curb long before this point.

I'll review more support tickets, and welcome any data Josh has to offer to ANY open debt that could potentially change its status. Anything is open to review. But at this point I stand behind what our Customer Service Rep did. The account is in major arrears, and we will not be bringing the server back online until his account is paid in full.

On a final note, had Josh actually talked to us we probably could have forgiven some of his invoices or offered some payment plan or discount or something, as we really do try to work these things out. Josh instead decided to curse us out in tickets and run here and try to say that we're the bad guy.

There are no more favors for Josh to be offered.
    Last edited by BurstNET_CSM; 02-18-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typos
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bubblehost.com View Post
    Not going to argue with that... It was a bit foolish of me, although I have never (permanently) lost data in the past. Who knew it would be by ransom and not natural causes when it finally happened to me.

Justin
    Justin,

I apologize for the position you are in. Do know that you are in it 100% becasue your reseller felt he did not have to pay for services he received.

Unless your reseller is going to make amends and pay his horribly overdue invoices (Or show me proof that any of them should be canceled and pay the valid ones), we are goign to stand by our Terms of Service, and you should take your complaint to him.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lonea View Post
    Completely agree with this. Seems like they keep circulating bad hdds.

I am sorry, are you a former or present employee that has some knowledge i do not have? Once an HDD tests bad it is put out of circulation and RMA'ed (If possible).

Unless you are a customer and prove your claim in some way shape or form, then you are providing second-hand info AND erroneous info. BOTH of which are against WHT posting guidelines.
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    I scarcely know where to begin with this.

Josh has unpaid invoices going back to APRIL of last year. If he at any point wanted to read the TOS and AUP he agreed and signed when he ordered his services, he would see that we have every right to suspend his entire account if need be, for unpaid invoices.
    Exactly! Why weren't the invoices cancelled along with the server? You've DELETED my cancellation request tickets from your support system BEFORE i could take screenshots. Very unprofessional.

His claims that abuse e-mails went to his spam folder are his own fault, as he GAVE US THE E-MAIL TO SEND TO SEND ABUSE NOTICES TO. Why did he not whitelist us? Also, he has yet to pay us for ANY abuse invoice he's received.
    That's not fair to blame that on me. It's your system. You should have advised me to whitelist you WHEN i had the problem. NOT more than a year later.

In regards to his support issues, There is one ticket about HDD's. It is actually about two different servers but both were resolved and we worked with Josh the entire time (The was one 12 hour time period during a drive test that we didn't update him).
    Care to explain these? (Everyone, look at the times of replies)
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...bad-drives.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...ad-drives2.png

He ended up getting a free month credit for both servers.
    Eventually.
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...-avoidance.png

There are very few hardware issues after that one. Most are abuse or reboot related. So while he did have an issue (As all systems are wont to have from time to time), I do not see where he had many issues on the MAJORITY of his services. There was also one ticket where he claimed his server was being shut down every day at the same time and said it was the reboot port we set up for him and demanded we fixed it.
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...ist-issues.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...st-issues2.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...st-issues3.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...st-issues4.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...st-issues5.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...st-issues6.png

Our tech realized it was a cron job that was running on the server issuing a shutdown.
    Please provide evidence, as i do not recall that and i'm not looking through all the tickets for it.

There were times that there were delay in deliveries as we might have been under a lot of sales or potentially a backorder, but every server was compensated for the delay ion delivery (usually moving the server due date and giving a few extra days beyond that).
    You NEVER willingly changed the billing dates. I had to ask for it to be done in a ticket. This caused a lot of confusion. You can see a lot of requests in the ticket lists above.

Here's some nice tickets with your crap.
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...etup-times.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...tup-times2.png

Now onto Josh's claims that the unpaid invoices are for services he canceled, and we somehow dropped the ball. I looked at a few of the MANY MANY MANY unpaid invoices (51 at this count -- though some of them are interest from unpaid invoices -- and we have tried to collect over the past 10 months while leaving his other services running), and here's what I found:
    Example #1:

Here's the cancel notice he sent us. It is dated the day we received it:

The problem is that his renewal date was the 12th of each month. Our TOS is crystal clear that we are a month to month provider and that if you do not pay by the first day of the new billing cycle, you are responsible for that's month charges, with no pro-rating. It's not hidden nor sneaky. We offer our resellers a grace period after this due date, as sometimes getting your customers to pay can be problematic (AHEM, AHEM). The problem is, he went beyond the grace period as well. So in this one instance, he is wrong. He did not cancel on time and the debt is valid.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example #2:

Here's the letter Josh was sent the moment he placed the cancel:

Problem being that this server is due the 4th of each month. That's six days into the billing cycle and well outside any grace period. He actually placed the cancel one day after we suspended it for non payment. How is this our fault?
    And for the record, the poor lone server he says we suspended that he has always paid on time is also a falsehood. In the 11 invoices this server has, he has only paid on time TWICE. He has paid within the grace period in most of them, but has been as late as six days.
    You're fully right for once. However, since these invoices were for so long ago, it would have been professional courtesy to cancel them. Especially how i (have) had one server.

Quite frankly, your policy sucks. You need a grace period for server cancellations too. It's not my fault if my client doesn't pay me on time.

By no means is Josh as pure and innocent as he claims. He has never once paid an abuse invoice we've given him, which is grounds for terminating his whole account (These abuse fees also go back to April).
    I bet you didn't think i'd keep a screenshot of the invoices, did you?
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...a-invoices.png
    03/19/2010
    The others were probably taken from the credit in my account making the invoice $0.00. How the hell do i know. The point is, the server wouldn't come back online until the $50 invoice was paid. Then i'd have to wait countless hours for your crap billing department to fanny about and approve the payment. That's a terrible policy too.

Here's some downtime caused by a suspension.
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...n-downtime.png

We try to work with our resellers, but Josh has been ignoring his responsibilities since April. His At this point he owes us 12% of all he's been billed for. Most companies would kick a client like this to the curb long before this point.
    So you're not going to unsuspend the server that's been paid for. Great.

I'll review more support tickets, and welcome any data Josh has to offer to ANY open debt that could potentially change its status. Anything is open to review. But at this point I stand behind what our Customer Service Rep did. The account is in major arrears, and we will not be bringing the server back online until his account is paid in full.

On a final note, had Josh actually talked to us we probably could have forgiven some of his invoices or offered some payment plan or discount or something, as we really do try to work these things out. Josh instead decided to curse us out in tickets and run here and trying to say that we're the bad guy.

There are no more favors for Josh to be offered.
    You treated me like s***. Personally, if i treated my clients the way you treat yours i would allow them to curse at me. Get your company together. It's disgraceful.

I'd like to point out that i got a PM from someone else on WHT after opening this thread. They warned me that Burst would try to blame me and will soon close my account. I was advised to take screenshots before that happened. Unfortunately, by that time my server cancellation requests were already deleted form their ticket system.

Any screenshots i took were from random tickets which looked juicy. I can assure you there were a hell of a lot more problems than what i've mentioned or even took a screenshot of.

Here's some more which i didn't need to use as evidence from Burt's reply.
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...0suspended.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...rea-emails.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...tarea-home.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...a-services.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...e-invoices.png (warning: my curse words are here)
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...onse-times.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...onse-times.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...rt-network.png
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...t-network2.png

I will no longer be replying to burst in this thread. My review is here for the world to see, and i've spent hours of my precious time writing it up and taking the necessary evidence. I refuse to waste more time as Burst have indicated that this couldn't go anywhere useful.

EDIT: One very, very last thing. When i was on the phone talking to you, the quality was bad and i heard what sounded like kids in the background. I'm assuming these are the other technicians. You should have seen my facial expression.
    Last edited by ServeByte; 02-18-2011 at 11:03 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------ServeByte Limited--------------------------------------
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ServeByte_JJameson View Post
    You're fully right for once. However, since these invoices were for so long ago, it would have been professional courtesy to cancel them. Especially how i (have) had one server.

Quite frankly, your policy sucks. You need a grace period for server cancellations too. It's not my fault if my client doesn't pay me on time.
    I will not comment on other points but for this point, you are at fault 100%.

It does not matter whether your clients pay you or not, you have to pay the provider on time.

Whether your client pay you on time or not is none of your provider's business.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    It does not matter whether your clients pay you or not, you have to pay the provider on time.
    LOL - that was my favorite part of his post... that it's not his fault if his clients don't pay him on time.

Maybe time to find another career.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

It's not my fault if my client doesn't pay me on time.
    LOL ?
    Why should your provider care whether your clients pay or not ? All your provider need to care is that you pay on time which you didn't.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.
      0 Not allowed!

You should have advised me to whitelist you WHEN i had the problem
    Really? Aw, c'mon! Do you want BurstNET to tell you when to wash your hands too? You, as a provider, should know about these things and after the first instance of an abuse notice going to the Junk folder should have taken corrective action.

Stop blaming people... just accept fault, pay your overdue invoices and pay them on time in the future and move on.
      0 Not allowed!

Josh,

Nothing in your account has been deleted or closed. Everything is there for you to review and reply to. Every one of your unpaid invoices is there, and any evidence you wish to offer to prove they are not valid claims is also available to you.

Why does professional courtesy only go one way for you?

I did state we have a grace period for cancels. You went over them in every instance. The grace period i mentioned was to pay OR CANCEL, if you client fails to pay.

Although you offered a screenshot of all your invoices, you did not show the detail that shows WHEN they were paid. Only that they were paid (Or in 51 instances, NOT paid). You have a horrible history of paying on time, or even within the grace period.

Also, all the images you offered show us helping and assisting you. The remote boot port was an issue at the time (They were backordered and were being installed as soon as any came in, and our Rep was only providing info given to him by the engineering department). It was a major mess up and a lot of clients were (rightfully) upset. What you didn't seem to put there was that we offered you the service for two months free due to the delay. While I'd rather deliver items on time, I think our compensation for the delays was acceptable.

a few final things:

1. How do you justify not paying any abuse invoices you received nor any of the other valid unpaid invoices?
    2. Our TOS also clearly states that we will add interest charges to any unpaid invoice. It's a standard in the industry and we're doing nothing we didn't tell you we would do.
    3. You are hurting your client to save your pride. You've done nothing more here than prove that you neglected to pay invoices, that you lied about canceling them on time and we neglected to remove them, and that we were well within our right to suspend your services until you rectify the issue.
    Last edited by BurstNET_CSM; 02-18-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: clarification of some points
      0 Not allowed!

I can't resist...

Josh,

Nothing in your account has been deleted or closed. Everything is there for you to review and reply to. Every one of your unpaid invoices is there, and any evidence you wish to offer to prove they are not valid claims is also available to you.
    If some invoices are cancelled and credited because of cancellation requests, where have they dissapeared to in the ticket system? You're hiding something by deleting all my cancellation requests.

Why does professional courtesy only go one way for you?

I did state we have a grace period for cancels. You went over them in every instance. The grace period i mentioned was to pay OR CANCEL, if you client fails to pay.
    No, it works both ways. You don't have any hard evidence that the requests were posted in time because you've already removed them from your ticket system. A very ****** move indeed.

Although you offered a screenshot of all your invoices, you did not show the detail that shows WHEN they were paid. Only that they were paid (Or in 51 instances, NOT paid). You have a horrible history of paying on time, or even within the grace period.
    I always paid for the servers i used. A day late, a couple of days late, a couple of days before. They were always paid. You only accepted paypal and bank transfers back then. I had to move money around.

Also, all the images you offered show us helping and assisting you. The remote boot port was an issue at the time (They were backordered and were being installed as soon as any came in, and our Rep was only providing info given to him by the engineering department). It was a major mess up and a lot of clients were (rightfully) upset. What you didn't seem to put there was that we offered you the service for two months free due to the delay. While I'd rather deliver items on time, I think our compensation for the delays was acceptable.
    A reboot port for about $8 was credited. The whole server was useless for my client without the reboot port. The point is, you should have provisioned the server with an available reboot port.

a few final things:

How do you justify not paying any abuse invoices you received nor any of the other valid unpaid invoices?
    I did pay abuse invoices. Stop denying that. The proof is in my screenshots. You're welcome to provide your own proof to defend yourself but here, since you lie, your words mean nothing.

Our TOS also clearly states that we will add interest charges to any unpaid invoice. It's a standard in the industry and we're doing nothing we didn't tell you we would do.

You are hurting your client to save your pride. You've done nothing more here than prove that you neglected to pay invoices, that you lied about canceling them on time and we neglected to remove them, and that we were well within our right to suspend your services until you rectify the issue.
    I lied? I LIED?
    YOU deleted evidence.

Burst, Backup your words with proper evidence in the future.
      0 Not allowed!

I can't resist...

If some invoices are cancelled and credited because of cancellation requests, where have they dissapeared to in the ticket system? You're hiding something by deleting all my cancellation requests.

No, it works both ways. You don't have any hard evidence that the requests were posted in time because you've already removed them from your ticket system. A very ****** move indeed.
    *sigh*

We only accept cancel requests through our billing system (Service.burst.net.) The screen shot you placed of the e-mail from service.burst.net shows cancellation requests. Go to the dates in the EXAMPLE 1 and EXAMPLE 2 I gave you and you will see the cancellation requests. We have no need to delete anything, and if we were, I would love to have deleted the whole reboot port incident because it caused me nothing but pain for about a week and a half. We shmegged up there.

In short, NOTHING has been deleted.

I always paid for the servers i used. A day late, a couple of days late, a couple of days before. They were always paid. You only accepted paypal and bank transfers back then. I had to move money around.
    We've been accepting AlertPay, authorize.net, and western union for a long time. We were accepting credit cards long before paypal even existed. You are simply wrong.

A reboot port for about $8 was credited. The whole server was useless for my client without the reboot port. The point is, you should have provisioned the server with an available reboot port.
    I couldn't agree with you more. But backorders happen. We tried to make do the best we could with the problem we were faced with. We totally failed on that.

I did pay abuse invoices. Stop denying that. The proof is in my screenshots. You're welcome to provide your own proof to defend yourself but here, since you lie, your words mean nothing.

I lied? I LIED?
    YOU deleted evidence.

Burst, Backup your words with proper evidence in the future.
    We've deleted nothing. Every ticket and every e-mail is there for you to see. Abuse fees are $50.00. There are at least three of them in the screen shot you provided that are unpaid. However, you are right that a credit applied to any invoice shows the invoice at 0.00. I'll look into all of those in a few minutes and see if any of them were abuse fees. I will report back about it and apologize to you if you did pay some abuse fees. However, you certainly did not pay ALL of them.

You have yet to offer any one shred of evidence that you canceled any service that has an overdue bill PRIOR to the billing date + grace period. Therefore, the charge stands.

The majority of the people in this thread are siding with me, Josh. Are they all liars as well? Your own statements prove that you neglected to pay valid invoices, which finally caught up to you, and now somehow you feel slighted.

Just pay the invoices, or offer me reasons (and evidence) why they should be canceled.
    Last edited by BurstNET_CSM; 02-18-2011 at 12:15 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Also note that this individual posted this directly after my comment in a recent thread titled "VirtPanel - Total VPS Automation Control Panel", in which I confronted him on some inaccuracies he was claiming about his software (VirtPanel) being superior to all other option in the industry (vePortal & SolusVM). This is a retaliation post if I have I ever seen one, otherwise if everything he claimed was true, he would have posted this days (when he was suspended recently) or months ago (when problems were claimed to have occurred)...
      0 Not allowed!

Those screen shots don't help your case:
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...e-invoices.png
    You must cancel these overdue invoices immediately and stop this outrageous claim. If you don't, I'll move this last server too, and you'll never get another payment from me EVER again. Your choice, allow me to coninue to pay for this sevice, or I won't pay for anything ever again and i'll block all your emails. If i'm still as annoyed as i currently am, i'll be writing the worst review on webhostingtalk ever.
    You have 12 hours. I'm not bluffing.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Those screen shots don't help your case:
    http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...e-invoices.png
    You must cancel these overdue invoices immediately and stop this outrageous claim. If you don't, I'll move this last server too, and you'll never get another payment from me EVER again. Your choice, allow me to coninue to pay for this sevice, or I won't pay for anything ever again and i'll block all your emails. If i'm still as annoyed as i currently am, i'll be writing the worst review on webhostingtalk ever.
    You have 12 hours. I'm not bluffing.
    Eek! Not someone I would want to utilize for a software vendor to run our operations on.
    Wow...I didn't see that until now.
    Pretty much sums up what we were dealing with there.
      0 Not allowed!

I am sorry, are you a former or present employee that has some knowledge i do not have? Once an HDD tests bad it is put out of circulation and RMA'ed (If possible).

Unless you are a customer and prove your claim in some way shape or form, then you are providing second-hand info AND erroneous info. BOTH of which are against WHT posting guidelines.
    I don't have to prove anything to you. It has been my experience with my past couple of servers I had with you guys. That's why I put the word "seems" in my statement.

Posting personal opinion/experience is not against "WHT posting guidelines"
    VimHost█ Providing Web Hosting since 2003: 13 Years of Dedication to our customers ~ Premium Hosting in Canada
    Email Hosting | RTMP Hosting | FFMPEG Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

You're very immature for someone representing a data centre. This is not a retaliation. INfact, check the ticket times. You replied to a VirtPanel advert, trying to bash it AFTER i threatened to write a bad review.

I still have all the tickets that you deleted in my email archive. Busted. http://screencast.com/t/iKwiBQ0osiL
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    No, The WD Green disks they use are enterprise class and perfectly good for raid arrays if you 'know how to hack them' as they do. Please read into their other threads, there are nothing wrong with these disks they are very reliable.

These are not the droids you are looking for.
    The green drives they used aren't enterprise class in any shape or form. They are just regular WD green drives.
    VimHost█ Providing Web Hosting since 2003: 13 Years of Dedication to our customers ~ Premium Hosting in Canada
    Email Hosting | RTMP Hosting | FFMPEG Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Eek! Not someone I would want to utilize for a software vendor to run our operations on.
    Wow...I didn't see that until now.
    Pretty much sums up what we were dealing with there.
    Was thinking the same. I would never deal with anyone like this if I was looking for a VPS control panel. This thread did the opposite of what the OP was hoping for.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't have to prove anything to you. It has been my experience with my past couple of servers I had with you guys. That's why I put the word "seems" in my statement.

Studies & experience show new hard drives from every manufacturer in the world have about a 5% defect/failure rate, and that is a fact. So 1 out of every 20 servers therefore, has a chance to have a defective hard drive, by that rate. It's not that common, as we catch alot of errored drives during initial usage/installs. Don't act like this is something specific to us, because it is not.

...and as mentioed prior: "Once an HDD tests bad it is put out of circulation and RMA'ed (If possible)"

Also, every budget provider reuses old hardware, if they want to remain in business long. I'd venture a bet that most premium-rated providers do as well, though they won't admit it.
      0 Not allowed!

But you do have to prove that you are, or were, a customer of ours. I can understand, given your statement, that if you are a present customer of ours you may not want to tell us your name (though we would not change anything with our relationship with you.. you are entitled to your opinion) , so please click report on your original post and prove it to the WHT mods, or you will be in violation of the posting guidelines.
      0 Not allowed!

You're very immature for someone representing a data centre. This is not a retaliation. INfact, check the ticket times. You replied to a VirtPanel advert, trying to bash it AFTER i threatened to write a bad review.
    Immature? Sorry, but I tell it like it is, and the evidence speaks for itself that you made this post directly after I made mine.

You must think that one person runs the whole company here ...sorry, we have nearly 50 employees. I wish one employee handled every facet of this, as that would make for one valuable asset of a multi-tasking person for us, that I would clone and hire more more of.

Sorry, but my post regarding VirtPanel had nothing to do with your support issues. Not only was I not aware of such issues you had with us when I made those posting, but, I had no idea you were ever even a client of ours. Sorry, nice try, but completely implausible.
      0 Not allowed!

I still have all the tickets that you deleted in my email archive. Busted. http://screencast.com/t/iKwiBQ0osiL

Josh,

You're losing it. Those cancel e-mails are still in your e-MAIL area of service.burst.net. Also, nothing in the screenshot you gacve refers to b09 or b02 (The two examples I gave). I never said you NEVER canceled items on time. Please tell me which item in the screenshot you gave refers to any outstanding invoice you have with us.

You're grasping at straws, Josh.
      0 Not allowed!

The green drives they used aren't enterprise class in any shape or form. They are just regular WD green drives.
    My humor is obviously lost on you
      0 Not allowed!

ServeByte_JJameson, why is it that you created this thread just hours after BurstNET pointed out false advertising in one of your threads?

I can't help but side with BurstNET here, if you didn't cancel services by their cut-off date, then you're responsible for paying for them. Why should they "forget" about invoices from 12 months ago? That's business madness, not professional courtesy. As for dead hardware, every provider on the planet has hardware fail occasionally, it's certainly not something BurstNET specific.

lonea: "You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services.", if you DO have first hand experience, then please provide proof to the moderation team, as requested by BurstNET.
      0 Not allowed!

An update:

I can say, quite surely, that Josh NEVER paid an abuse invoice. . I looked at ALL (four) invoices paid with credit, and ALL invoices canceled with a 0.00 amount. NONE of them is an abuse invoice.

So I go back to my original statement, Josh has NEVER paid an abuse invoice.

I hope his client is realizing that Josh's selfish pride and greed are preventing them from getting their server back online.

I am still waiting for Josh to present any evidence that any invoice presently marked as unpaid should be canceled or altered. I've been preety thorough, however, and haven't found anything myself. but am still open to help resolve this issue.

P.S. My father-in-law is from Josh's city... I would have expected more from a Rover. Pity.
      0 Not allowed!

I am on Burst's side for most of this but I am concerned about this ticket posted: http://www.servebyte.com/images/exte...ad-drives2.png did you eventually reply via a new ticket or what?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    My humor is obviously lost on you
    I like your sense of humor . I'm starting to think burst needs their own section of this ridiculous humorous comments, possibly even a "like" button.

OP, the way you're presenting yourself, any company won't want to touch you with a 10 foot stick.
      0 Not allowed!

• Abuse complaints would be sent to my email. These notifications themselves would be sent to my Spam folder in GMail. Servers went down frequently because of this, and i'd have to pay $50 to get the server reactivated! This no-longer made BurstNET cheap!
    No comments on other part. But this incident is true with me as well. They sent an abuse alert and it went to the spam folder because of the contents in it. Later they suspended the server and I had to pay $50 abuse charge and they put the server back online after a couple of hours.

Later I knew that the abuse alert mail was not for my server but some other client's server and burstnet sent it to my email id and suspended my server.
    SunShell™ Hosting
    Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller,VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting since 2006
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by qualityhostings View Post
    No comments on other part. But this incident is true with me as well. They sent an abuse alert and it went to the spam folder because of the contents in it. Later they suspended the server and I had to pay $50 abuse charge and they put the server back online after a couple of hours.

Later I knew that the abuse alert mail was not for my server but some other client's server and burstnet sent it to my email id and suspended my server.
    Did they acknowledge the error? If they do did you request any compensation from them for this error?
      0 Not allowed!

Well it seems that the problems between you two are at a stalemate. Can I just put the server under a new account with Burstnet directly? I pay my bills on time, and I can't blame you for suspending my server since it really does seem like he owes you money.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast