PHP-FPM on cpanel server

Hey guys, recently I been reading up on php-fpm and it seems like it would be a lot better then using suphp. Currently I am using nginx with apache on a cpanel server via nginx admin. It works great, I recently came from litespeed which I was a fanatic about for a while until the last year or so when their support became non-existent and every security fix to the problems they had was simple request filters, the underlying code was never fixed.

Anyway, I am looking for max-efficiency, speed and ability to handle high stress and ddos. I tried the fcgid but had some issues I couldnt immediately fix (on a production server) and really didnt have much time to test it so I stayed with suphp.

First, is anyone out there running php-fpm with your cpanel/apache setup?

Second, is anyone running this setup with the nginxcp (nginx on frontend and for static files/apache for everything else) setup?

if anyone answered yes to either - Did you simply compile your own source and add the comnfig for it in httpd.conf or php.conf? Explain a lil about teh setup and any problems incurred or modifications to anything needed. pls.

It seems to me I could just compile my own source and make it through that and then setup the sapi unless there is some issues with cpanel and its handling of all that.
    Thanks in advance for any replies

Second, is anyone running this setup with the nginxcp (nginx on frontend and for static files/apache for everything else) setup?

--> Jep.

removed the exclution from yum, install php-fpm via yum, then rewritten nginx conf to use the php-fpm.

And it works gr8 :-)