Trying to find web hosting reviews

I'm starting my freelance Web design service by building a small site for a relative who has a successful small business. I read the tutorial here "8 Steps to Choosing the Right Web Host" and it was useful. But, left me with a question. If I want to find reviews of web hosting companies, where do I look? Is there a particular site that does this? With all the hosting companies out there, I need to quickly narrow down the choices. I'm hoping the reviews will include cost info, since that is already one of the questions my relative has asked about.

If it helps anyone answering my question, here are a few more details. The site will be static, except for a "Contact Us" page for potential clients. When I put such a page on my personal non-commercial site, I used a simple cdosys.asp to process the form input on the .htm Contact page. This was because my service just happens to be Windows based. I've since been told most hosting services are Linux based, so I'll have to figure out something else for the Contact Us page (don't know Linux). And, since it's going to be a small site, I'm assuming a shared server is OK.

At WebHostingReviews.com, you can find customers' reviews of number of web hosting services.

Quote Originally Posted by okieman View Post
    I'm starting my freelance Web design service by building a small site for a relative who has a successful small business. I read the tutorial here "8 Steps to Choosing the Right Web Host" and it was useful. But, left me with a question. If I want to find reviews of web hosting companies, where do I look? Is there a particular site that does this? With all the hosting companies out there, I need to quickly narrow down the choices. I'm hoping the reviews will include cost info, since that is already one of the questions my relative has asked about.

If it helps anyone answering my question, here are a few more details. The site will be static, except for a "Contact Us" page for potential clients. When I put such a page on my personal non-commercial site, I used a simple cdosys.asp to process the form input on the .htm Contact page. This was because my service just happens to be Windows based. I've since been told most hosting services are Linux based, so I'll have to figure out something else for the Contact Us page (don't know Linux). And, since it's going to be a small site, I'm assuming a shared server is OK.
    Shared web hosting is perfect for what you've described. As far as finding reviews on web hosts, you need not look much further.. WebHostingTalk is probably the best place to research your potential web hosts.

My recommendation to you and anyone else looking for a provider is to make a short list of potential hosts and then research them. Get an idea on how they operate and what folks are saying about them. Once you've done that, contact the hosts directly and talk to them.

Good luck and welcome to WHT.
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    Shared web hosting is perfect for what you've described. As far as finding reviews on web hosts, you need not look much further.. WebHostingTalk is probably the best place to research your potential web hosts.

My recommendation to you and anyone else looking for a provider is to make a short list of potential hosts and then research them. Get an idea on how they operate and what folks are saying about them. Once you've done that, contact the hosts directly and talk to them.

Good luck and welcome to WHT.
    I can't agree no more with Jay H. WHT is the place where you can find true unbiased review. Some review site takes money for writing up a good review and it is pretty obvious a fake review.

Just simple search in Google with your hosting company name review... Like I get my bad website hosting company report...

Webhostingstuff
    ratepoint
    webhostingtalk.com
    Are the place where you can start the search for your reviews.

how much budget you've

This is a place where you can get reliable reviews. As WHT is well moderated forum, there will be always a very good amount of filtering and investigation on posted reviews. So there is less chance for fake reviews. One thing to keep in mind is that you should take every reviews with a grain of salt and make your own conclusions.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

As others have mentioned, WebHostingTalk is probably the best place to get real reviews of companies.

I would avoid "Top 10" sites you find via search engines as they are all affiliate based, meaning the site owner gets paid when you sign up for a host via their website.

Stick around here, do some research, and I'm sure you'll find the right host for you.

The best bet you can get is tried the offer section.

Find good prices and offer that match your requirement and start your review request from there.
    (Improve this method with your own and you'll be safe on choosing)

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    As others have mentioned, WebHostingTalk is probably the best place to get real reviews of companies.
    I would avoid "Top 10" sites you find via search engines as they are all affiliate based, meaning the site owner gets paid when you sign up for a host via their website.

Stick around here, do some research, and I'm sure you'll find the right host for you.
    Definitely. If a host has any reviews, good or bad, WHT is a good place to find them. Webhostingstuff.com is another.
    HostMantis Affordable Web Hosting
    Shared Reseller VPS 24/7/365 Support Instant Activation
    CloudLinux CloudFlare Softaculous Premium Multi PHP cPanel
    Also offering Windows Hosting with Plesk 12 Multi PHP MSSQL ASP.NET