Arrow Question for those who use Shared hosting.

Hey everyone, I have a few questions that I was hoping some of you would be kind enough to answer for me. I'm just doing a bit of research, thats all.

• How much storage are you using? How much are you paying for?
    • How much bandwidth are you using? How much are you paying for?
    • What is the total size of your MySQL DBs? (Check in cPanel)
    • Do you use cPanel's webmail options?
    • Could you benefit from a more modern mail option with mobile support?

Thanks!
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Just out of curiosity, what are you planning to do with this information? Im assuming you probably are not going to get very much useful information as the use of each customer using shared web hosting is going to vary.

Also, wouldn't you be better off analyzing this data from your own customers?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what are you planning to do with this information? Im assuming you probably are not going to get very much useful information as the use of each customer using shared web hosting is going to vary.

Also, wouldn't you be better off analyzing this data from your own customers?
    I've looked into our customer's usage, but I would say information gathered from them isn't going to be the same for others. We were appealing to them initially, so they signed up.

Not that I need to explain my motives, it may help get the answers I want.

The disk/bandwidth question(s) was to get an general understanding of what people look for in a host (in terms of disk/bw allocation), and to compare to their actual usage.

The MySQL question was asked specifically because we're looking into adding an RAID-1 SSD array in the mix for increased MySQL performance. 'Looking into' being the keyword. By having a better understanding of average MySQL DB sizes, I can then better understand if its worthwhile or not.

The email question(s) were in regards to ongoing research on webmail.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Quote Originally Posted by Vazapi-Curtis View Post
    The disk/bandwidth question(s) was to get an general understanding of what people look for in a host (in terms of disk/bw allocation), and to compare to their actual usage.
    I believe a different provider posted a similar poll either last week or the week before. You might want to dig through the forum to see what you can find. Like I said, I doubt you are going to get any real data on here. In my opinion your research would be better conducted on your own customer database (at least in regards to the usage).

Quote Originally Posted by Vazapi-Curtis View Post
    The MySQL question was asked specifically because we're looking into adding an RAID-1 SSD array in the mix for increased MySQL performance. 'Looking into' being the keyword. By having a better understanding of average MySQL DB sizes, I can then better understand if its worthwhile or not.
    Again, these would be research that would be better conducted on your own customers. For example, asking your-self what is the average MYSQL DB Size for our customers and does it make sense to add a Raid-1 SSD Array to increase MySQL Performance?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here