Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Visbits View Post
    BAHHHH TwTelecom wants $45/Mbit... and he is saying that's the *best* they can do.... Ridiculous.
    Are they onNet in your building? If so, that pricing is seroiusly out of line. I'd be happy to send you details for my rep. twtelecom definitely places a premium on their network, but I'll put it this way - back in the day, we only paid them $30/Mbps for 100Mbps over gigabit and they had to do a build into our facility.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

We use time warner cable in Cincinnati and we have been happy with them. One of the few providers we could get to build out into our site with a pretty low commit. Obviously twcable doesnt really compare to xo or level 3, but im guessing they would be competitive on price, and plus this would get you on their backbone to lots of home cable modem users which may be an advantage to you.

time warner cable and twtelecom are two entirely different companies ...
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Suds View Post
    I guess the confusion is understable considering they just changed their name from Time Warner Telecom to twtelecom a few years ago I think.

XO used to be horrendous, but have gotten their act together a bit in the past couple years. Network has always been rock solid for us, but their billing/custserv used to be the worst---but that seems to have been rectified lately. Still, they are not competitive on transit at all, but reasonably priced on transport.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Network was bad in LA, frequent issues. We tried XO several times over the years and now they are in our permanently banned list.
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Quote Originally Posted by CGotzmann View Post
    Network was bad in LA, frequent issues. We tried XO several times over the years and now they are in our permanently banned list.
    Did you guys use them back at AR?
    AS395558

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Suds View Post
    I know this. Sorry if i wasnt clear enough in my post for others to realize this. Guess i shouldnt have said twcable

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    Did you guys use them back at AR?
    IIRC, AR might have started using XO but that was after I left in 2007, so I can't speak for the experience there.
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Hoping for more good feedback on XO.
    Keep hoping, but don't hold your breath. I'll jump on the dogpile with another "stay far away from XO" comment.

My experience with their sales team was the worst of any business, in any industry, I've every dealt with. The word incompetent doesn't tell even half the story of my experience with them. Their network has regular outages-- not those which affect a single group of circuits in a POP, but "national routing issues". Fiber paths are long and winding, with higher latency the result. I've posted other rants about XO here at WHT as well, so I won't repeat myself here.

Word of advice, learn from the misery of others and forget about XO if you're at all concerned about a quality trnaist provider-- or your sanity.

Yeah were more interested with twtelecom now, they just dropped 100Mbit commit on Gig for $15/Mbit and it became much more clear they want to do business.

We can afford to eat that provided their network is strong, from what we've used it at our Peak10 location it is a good solid core.

They are buying us lunch next week.. see what we can do!'

Thanks everyone
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

Good luck with TWTC and let us know how it goes!
    Something awesome
    coming soon....

BAHHHH TwTelecom wants $45/Mbit... and he is saying that's the *best* they can do.... Ridiculous.
    Maybe I missed this answer, but $45/Mbps on what commit? I was recently quoted 1/3 that price on a 100 Mbps.

EDIT: Oops, Visbits answered that part.

Re. TWTC quality, my experience with them was very positive-- with the disclaimer that it's been mid-2000's since I last used them directly. We had a full 100M at their Tampa POP and reliability was great.

We've never had any trouble with twtelecom's network.

I'm rather excited now that I've further ran the numbers and it looks like we will be able to run a full BGP pool with them without any concern.

Now to find a 3rd provider down the road.. I'm really hoping we can get HE.
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12