Arrow Domain transfer failed

Hi,
    I tried transferring my domains to Namecheap but it failed because the domains are 'locked' with my previous registrar. I had a check in my previous registrar panel and they don't seem to be locked. What should I do?! All my transfers have failed. I'm worried for the following reasons:

1) I transferred in their special promo and they are issuing me a refund. so I might not get it for the same price again

2) My domains expire in the next 5 days.

Any help? Thanks.

You should renew your domains at current registrar because a domain takes more than 5 days to transfer to new registrar. Also send an email to current registrar asking whats the reason of not releasing the domain even when it was set on Registrar unlock.
    Aniqa - Support Representative
    █ WooServers - Affordable, Fast & Reliable Servers
    █ 24/7/365 Premium Monitoring & Highly Qualified Staff!
    █ WooServers.com | cPanel Dedicated Server | European Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Aniqa View Post
    You should renew your domains at current registrar because a domain takes more than 5 days to transfer to new registrar. Also send an email to current registrar asking whats the reason of not releasing the domain even when it was set on Registrar unlock.
    I have already spent $120. I forgot to unlock my domains (theft protection)

I have spoken to Namecheap..They suggested to unlock the domains and submit another request. Also contact the current registrar to transfer the domains. Should be done in 2-3 days.

Thanks !

Transfer requests *can* take up to 15 days and it depends on the losing registrar (i.e. the one transferring the domains out) which is why it's generally advised to renew them instead of transferring them.

Beyond that, contact your old registrar for support.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Transfer requests *can* take up to 15 days and it depends on the losing registrar (i.e. the one transferring the domains out) which is why it's generally advised to renew them instead of transferring them.

I have a reseller account with my registrar. So the request would come to me or to my main registrar? Last domain transfer took a little less than 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Limespace View Post
    I have a reseller account with my registrar. So the request would come to me or to my main registrar? Last domain transfer took a little less than 5 days.
    It would go to the ICANN Accredited organization.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

It would go to the ICANN Accredited organization.
    Ahh, okay. I'll email my registrar to contact them to put my order to priority bases.

I'm currently with Reseller club (Net Earth One) and these domains will be transferred to eNom (Namecheap). I believe the transfer which was completed in less than 5 days was from Reseller club --> Reseller club. Does any one have any idea how much time would Reseller club --> Enom take? Thanks!

It depends if Reseller Club has to do it manually or a confirmation shows up in your account asking if your sure you want to release it to Enom.

It normally takes 15 days to transfer, what message is showing to you when you are trying to transfer is it showing failed??
    If this message is coming then you need to contact both the domain name provider services.

After reading a bit more on ICANN, it seems domains 'can' be transfered when they expire...

from ICANN FAQ for Domain-Name Holders:
    "My domain name has just expired. Can my registrar require me to pay for a renewal before I can transfer to a new registrar?

No. Your new registrar of choice can initiate a transfer request on an expired domain name once they receive the required authorization from you. Expiration or nonrenewal of a domain name is not a valid reason for denial of a transfer request."

I took that advice once (i.e., renewed before transfer) and I ended up paying twice.

If a domain is transferred within a certain number of days of having been renewed then the losing registrar can undo the renewal. While in theory you should be able to get your renewal fee back in practice this does not always happen - or they will only give you a refund if you ask for it.

I didn't notice until much later that the losing registrar had undone the renewal - and by that time I no longer had an account with them, and I worked out that trying to get a refund would be more hassle than simply writing it off.

In my experience, once the transfer process has started (and assuming there are no other obstacles, such as a domain being left locked by mistake) it will normally go through even if the domain reaches its expiry date in mid-transfer.

Reseller Club is not NetEarthOne. They are two different Registrars. So knowing that you have confused thinking, you first need to unlock the domains at your Registrar. Then re-initiate the transfer at NameCheap.com. The domains will transfer even if they have expired (according to ICANN rules of course). I don't know what your registrars rules are. You should ask them.
    Signature Under Construction.

so unblock your domain now.

Email to your current Registrar Ask to release before your Domain is expire. The opther Thing you can do is to Renew your domain with your current Registrar aand after renewal transfer your domain to other Registrar.

You don't need to renew before you transfer, Icann rules state that a domain can be transfer after it has expired (if it still belongs to you) to another registrar.

email to the two commany to ask for help. Are your transfer Success
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Limespace View Post
    I'm currently with Reseller club (Net Earth One) and these domains will be transferred to eNom (Namecheap). I believe the transfer which was completed in less than 5 days was from Reseller club --> Reseller club. Does any one have any idea how much time would Reseller club --> Enom take? Thanks!
    It is clear that if a transfers takes e.g 4 days to transfer with in same registrar, it will take double time in different registrars. Normally, it takes 7-15 working days to transfer between different registrars.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex597 View Post
    You don't need to renew before you transfer, Icann rules state that a domain can be transfer after it has expired (if it still belongs to you) to another registrar.
    are you sure? This would e successful if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by maike View Post
    email to the two commany to ask for help. Are your transfer Success
    ?
    Still shows in progress. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
    It is clear that if a transfers takes e.g 4 days to transfer with in same registrar, it will take double time in different registrars. Normally, it takes 7-15 working days to transfer between different registrars.
    Yes, very true. But I was hoping this could complete faster